GUILTY TX - Carla Walker, 17, abducted, raped and strangled, Fort Worth, 17 Feb 1974 *Arrest in 2020*

I am about to go crazy watching Paul’s show and trying to recall a similar case I recently learned about. IIRC a young couple were on a date in a car, the young woman was tied up and led away and I’m 99% the young man escaped and he sounded the alarm. My googling mainly is leading me to the Cheryl Henry case in Texas but with that one, her boyfriend was also murdered. I’m also pretty sure there is an episode about it on ID On Demand. Any ideas?

I am about to go crazy watching Paul’s show and trying to recall a similar case I recently learned about. IIRC a young couple were on a date in a car, the young woman was tied up and led away and I’m 99% the young man escaped and he sounded the alarm. My googling mainly is leading me to the Cheryl Henry case in Texas but with that one, her boyfriend was also murdered. I’m also pretty sure there is an episode about it on ID On Demand. Any ideas?
I know ID just had a episode on Serial Killer Leslie Alan Williams and they highlighted a scenario that occurred similar to what your describing but it happened in Michigan in the ‘90s

Does anybody know the address where Carla's body was found? I have not seen any of these culverts when I have driven around that area.

Does anybody know the address where Carla's body was found? I have not seen any of these culverts when I have driven around that area.
The culverts may be under the road and overgrown at this point. I know here in FL a culvert can be open for years and be obvious to those driving over them. Then some development will happen somewhere nearby, the landscape is re-graded, and the culvert is turned into piping to direct water flow. Once it's filled in, you'd never know there was a culvert there.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

The culverts may be under the road and overgrown at this point. I know here in FL a culvert can be open for years and be obvious to those driving over them. Then some development will happen somewhere nearby, the landscape is re-graded, and the culvert is turned into piping to direct water flow. Once it's filled in, you'd never know there was a culvert there.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
Paul Holes was supposedly in it on his show. I live about 10 miles from Benbrook and I wanted to see where it was. Back in 1971 my dad, step-mother and friends would go camping at the park that used to be on Tiger Trail out there. That park is closed now. And my mother and step-dad bowled at that bowling alley in the early 70s. I would be running around, unsupervised, while they bowled in their league. I am real familiar with these places. I just never noticed the culverts but didn't look for any too. I may drive out there later and see if I can figure out where it is.

Okay so I went out there. The street used to be called South Lakeview. Now it is called Pearl Ranch Road. I found the culvert that Paul Holes went into. Now I am wondering who owned Pearl Ranch?
Back then in TX, people usually wore cowboy hats if they owned or worked on a ranch/farm or some other type business that was out in the country, such as oil/natural gas. I would say that it was after the television series Dallas and the movie Urban Cowboy that lots more started wearing cowboy hats. So if this man who abducted Carla was wearing a cowboy hat, what connection does he have to these cattle culverts and Pearl Ranch?
Also, Carla's family members said that Rodney was hollering that "they" took her. Could there have been more than one man involved or did Rodney just assume this?

Yes!! Statement from what appears to be a family member on the official Justice for Carla Walker fb page. Says it’ll be announced by police in the morning. Hope that’s correct! And an arrest! Thank goodness. I wonder if it was that one guy who I think...also shot a girl in her TCU apartment? The one the ex detective was convinced did it? But his theory didn’t garner much support?

Yes, I think so. It said on fb that there’s DNA and a confession. It looks like he lived in the area this whole time. Paul Holes’ show was doing dna testing on some items...I think it aired earlier this year. So it’s probably something to do with that. I’m astounded and happy the family gets this small measure of peace.

Just saw this case in another thread. Was wondering how old McCurley is? Have not seen it any of the articles that were posted.

I looked on Tarrant County, but he is not in the court system yet.

If anyone sees a date for appearance in court - please post.

I'll be following this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back