Australia Australia - Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, WA *Sentencing* - #24

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Claremont serial killings trial cost tops $11 million as Bradley Edwards prepares to learn fate

The triple murder trial of Bradley Edwards for the so-called Claremont serial killings is believed to be the most expensive criminal trial in WA history, with figures revealing the cost to be more than $11 million so far.

Key points:

• Money was allocated in the last three WA budgets to pay for the trial
  • The cost includes more than $3.5 million spent on the defence case
  • The $11 million figure is set to rise with sentencing and possible appeals
Edwards is due to learn his fate on Thursday, when Justice Stephen Hall hands down his verdict in the long-running case.

The 51-year-old Telstra technician is charged with the wilful murders of Sarah Spiers, Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon, the three young women who vanished from the streets of Claremont late at night on separate occasions in 1996 and 1997.

The judge-alone trial was heard over seven months starting on November 25 last year and encompassed 95 sitting days of the WA Supreme Court.

[...]

Verified Insiders
Trueblue1972
Frankie2017

Claremont Serial Killer: Media, Timelines, Photos *NO-DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23

Note: Tricia pulled threads #22 and #23 due to sub judice and notification from WA police.

Last edited:
"Regardless - BRE will never see the light of day again."

Your lips to God's ears, Eaglette, as they say. If he doesn't get found guilty for any of the murders, perish the thought, he could well see the light of day in only a handful of years (with good behaviour and time served).
Counting down the hours...tick, tick, tick!

Its going to be a crazy 24 hours in Perth on Thursday! Channel 7 (?) will be televising live from the court house from 8am! Its going to be all we see and hear for quite a while. I really don't know which way its going to go, but I am hoping for some closure for the families of the young ladies involved. This verdict has been over 20 years in the waiting, though I dare say what ever the verdict on Thursday, this is not the end! So many loose ends, so many unfinished sentences and so much is still unknown!

Its going to be a crazy 24 hours in Perth on Thursday! Channel 7 (?) will be televising live from the court house from 8am! Its going to be all we see and hear for quite a while. I really don't know which way its going to go, but I am hoping for some closure for the families of the young ladies involved. This verdict has been over 20 years in the waiting, though I dare say what ever the verdict on Thursday, this is not the end! So many loose ends, so many unfinished sentences and so much is still unknown!
Yes Zedx, and i fear so much we will not be ALLOWED to know!
:(

Is there somewhere we can watch live?? Not just some journo relaying what the judge is saying

Yes I thought it was supposed to be live but it looks not like live from in the courtroom.
I was led to believe that we would hear the judges verdict live but maybe I was mistaken.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back