Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's interesting that 19057 puma path in salida is now pinned as the suzanne morphew hope foundation. that's new, is it not? (it is.)

any google map experts know if this is something that any rando can do, or would it have to be the person who (previously) lived there? and for what financial/legal reasons did BM do that?

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
19057 Puma Path disappeared completely off Google maps, MOO thats possible since its a private assocation land address. Someone then added the SM foundation address about a week later.

That is a good list combined with the list on the PE website for searchers. Some items are the same but you listed some they did not list like carrying a whistle which is one of my "must have" items whenever entering remote woods.

I always carry a metal whistle I had gotten that has a small round cork ball inside. They work even after getting wet and as most people know by now, a whistle can make a very loud shrill type noise that can carry further than a human trying to scream or cry for help. Plus, if you are in need of help and trying to scream for hours, your voice will get hoarse but if you have a whistle you can keep using it for as long as you have a breath.

Luckily each searcher will be with a group so I think everyone should be fine but its still always good to have a whistle just in case you get lost.

I did omit the space blanket and phone charger as being part of a large group, chances are the missing searcher would be found in short order. These are day searches from what I understand, not 24/7 until the subject is located like many SAR teams do. For large searches you have an Incident Command structure that is set up with communications, medical care, food, latrine facilities, signing each team out and back in, maps showing search grids and what team did them, etc.... It's quite the operation.

But this is the beach area job in Salida, not the wall job in Broomfield, right?
Not saying you are, but I think some people are getting those two different job sites mixed up.

I think it was the way it was reported here, Chris from PE talking about "the wall". Since the only wall we've heard about so far is the one in Broomfield, the confusion is natural.

Clearly this is not the RTD-Denver jobsite in Broomfield.

Now that I see the pics, I'm 99.99% certain this IS the Salida jobsite by the river. Although I'm not seeing any anomolies, as the person Chris mentioned, said she could see.
I don’t really see any obvious anomalies either, but honestly if I were the owner of that property I would want to know if anything related to Suzanne was there just from the circumstances and would be begging them to dig it up!

I know it’s money, but could I just ignore the potential situation here? Could I just pretend like (worst case) a dead body wasn’t potentially buried on my beach? I really don’t think I could. Ugh. Those people are in such a weird position at absolutely no fault of their own.

and please do prepare yourself for what you may find - I remember feeling a sense of awe when we were put in our teams to search for Caylee - it's very emotional (it was for me anyway)
many thanks to our sleuthers who are able to search -
JMO

It used to be called "Critical Incident Stress". Now it falls under PSTD. I had a bad dose of it for weeks after the Lauren Jackson case. Until Cold Case Chronicles did an investigation and verified what I had found 30+ years ago, then developed new evidence earlier this year, I still blamed myself for not finding her.

Random thoughts on all this new info today:

-SM is dead at 8am Saturday morning
-BM at the Salida Job site wants MG to level and rake it out, knowing that he is going to conceal SM’s body there later and doesn’t want to have to do a bunch of clean up work later and this will make the burial process faster and the site less suspicious.
-Maybe BM returns to the Salida Job site later which is where he bumps into JP.
-BM does a little set up for the burial, ie digs the grave
-Saturday night BM returns, buries SM along that river bank and then needs to use a bobcat for about 30 mins to cover the grave with dirt, rocks and clean it up.

As far as the IN attorney(ies) he used in the past, I was speaking more to 'advice' he may have received - or not.
Alternately, any CO attorney he may have hired or has been approached by - no clue thus far.
Wait, wait, many threads back it was reported that yes, BM had hired one lawyer for himself and one for the girls. Who said that? Does anyone else remember that being reported? Or have I lost my mind?

Regarding the no trespassing signs along the river, signs like that are very common all along the Arkansas River. Without them, those type of spots look like a welcome rest/lunch spot for river rafters and kayakers. Regarding the depression in the soil along the wall (perhaps something else is being pointed at that I'm not seeing), it appears to me that it could have been caused by an eddy in river currents which fluctuate throughout the season. The downstream side of a boulder or rock can experience a lot of turbulence which can erode a lot of soil. In fact, the river flow upstream about 10 miles was about 5 times higher in cubic feet per second (around 1000 cfs at Nathrop) on July 1 2020 compared to how it is today around 200 cfs. See for yourself here: USGS Current Conditions for USGS 07091200 ARKANSAS RIVER NEAR NATHROP, CO. That being said, it couldn't hurt to have a search dog sniff around down there to rule out nefarious possibilities.

Last edited:
Now that I see the pics, I'm 99.99% certain this IS the Salida jobsite by the river. Although I'm not seeing any anomolies, as the person Chris mentioned, said she could see.
The sand sinks on the right side. Slipped as a unit, as graves do when the mass of a body shrinks beneath. Worth a look, same as the Longhorn division plot he bought. Elimination is moving forward.

I don’t really see any obvious anomalies either, but honestly if I were the owner of that property I would want to know if anything related to Suzanne was there just from the circumstances and would be begging them to dig it up!

I know it’s money, but could I just ignore the potential situation here? Could I just pretend like (worst case) a dead body wasn’t potentially buried on my beach? I really don’t think I could. Ugh. Those people are in such a weird position at absolutely no fault of their own.

My speculation on the anomaly is what I’ve circled in yellow in this pic. It appears to be the ground sunken in that area.

Attachments

• 7CECCD16-AC33-4C67-BE46-9832C7C338ED.jpeg
    7CECCD16-AC33-4C67-BE46-9832C7C338ED.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 245

I agree, if that were my property I'd hope that LE did a thorough search before I finished my house and moved in, and began enjoying that beach. We know they did search in more than one place there, but we don't know if they had cause to search around the area Chris from PE has posted pics of.

"The sheriff’s office says while they searched multiple locations on the property, they did not make any connection to Suzanne’s case. They also did not release details about the search." Search For Suzanne Morphew In Salida Concludes With No New Clues

I agree, if that were my property I'd hope that LE did a thorough search before I finished my house and moved in, and began enjoying that beach. We know they did search in more than one place there, but we don't know if they had cause to search around the area Chris from PE has posted pics of.

"The sheriff’s office says while they searched multiple locations on the property, they did not make any connection to Suzanne’s case. They also did not release details about the search." Search For Suzanne Morphew In Salida Concludes With No New Clues
The area may not have sunk yet when the FBI was searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member