GUILTY WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, found deceased, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020 *Arrest* #2

Considering all the blood in the basement, he may have dismembered the body and used several garbage bags to transfer them to the dumpster, or wherever it was that he actually hid the body.

I don't know how a person could do all this and then just go on with life as if everything was normal, telling everyone he was doing Spring cleaning. He must feel no guilt or remorse at all.
I had originally thought the same about the possible reason for all the blood...

However, the police stated that 'her body was wrapped and tossed over a hillside' ...So it sounds like her body was intact. :(

Considering all the blood in the basement, he may have dismembered the body and used several garbage bags to transfer them to the dumpster, or wherever it was
Dudley was stoic as he sat in the courtroom while prosecutors asked the judge for 72 more hours to file charges against him. Volunteers who helped search for Cantrell sat in the audience. Some were emotional, and said they feel strongly that Dudley should also be charged with the murder of Cantrell's unborn baby. Family says she was about three months pregnant.

[...]

Cantrell's mother, Marie Smith, opted to skip today’s hearing, as she’s still trying to process the flood of new information that came with yesterday’s discovery of Kassanndra’s body, and Dudley’s arrest. “Her brother keeps asking why? There’s no why. He’s a bad person that’s all there was, there is no why…she literally wanted nothing from him.”

[...]

Dudley’s next scheduled court appearance is Friday afternoon where he’s expected to be formally charged.

Kassanndra Cantrell's mother speaks out for first time since her daughter's body found, ex-boyfriend arrested
(video at link)

"There is no why, he is just a bad person"
Man, I felt mom's pain in this video.

“Her brother keeps asking why? There’s no why. He’s a bad person that’s all there was, there is no why…she literally wanted nothing from him.”

“All I can think is how she must’ve been looking forward to seeing him...she’d taken so much time to get ready, to look pretty for him…and all the time, all the time…he was planning," said Smith.

Heart breaking.

Vasectomy- it’s a rumor. It has been said by Kassandra’s mom that he has said this in the past, likely an effort to (untruthfully) emphasize his hatred of child-rearing.

Concerning, indeed... :(
“A set of remains” really conjures imagery of multiple pieces constituting a whole.
I hope that was just an unnecessarily wordy misstep. :(:mad:

I completely agree, I think he got
an ADT notification on his phone and realized she would have gotten one too so he needed to explain it before she could react. I too thought that the “adt” text both immediately before and after this calculated and heinous act could have been a code to let her know.

I read in the screenshots of the arrest affidavit posted here that he told the GF the power had gone out, and that's why ADT was off/back on.

I gotta tell you all. This is one of the saddest cases. It just breaks my heart. All because he didn't want a child, or was it just because he was worried that he would be revealed as a cheater AGAIN? All about him.

MOO

If he did in fact do something to her body or if she were pregnant (which I totally believe is true) wouldn't he be facing additional charges? Wondering if that is why they changed the hearing until Friday.

Wonder how many days this guy spent "spring cleaning" the basement? I bet he was obsessive about it.
I understand that cleaning ALL of the blood would have been very hard, but he probably didn't spend several days "cleaning" the basement, since her blood was found there in several places and on his car. He tried, but I doubt this guy was cleaning for days. I'm guessing he cleaned the vast majority of the evidence so the girlfriend wouldn't really notice it, but he clearly didn't do that great of a job, since LE found blood in several spots the very first time they searched the house.

The GF may not have known at the time, but you’d think she would have left the house or kicked out CD after the search warrants were executed on September 1st. At that point, she knew he was a very serious POI. At that point, she could have put that together with the security camera nonsense the same day KC went missing and other weird things like the basement project.
Isn't that his house? You can't kicked someone out of their own house lol. She could've left, yes, absolutely. At this time, I'm inclined to believe that she didn't participate in this horrific murder, I'm not sure if she eventually started realizing something was wrong. I mean, we have seen time and time again, where families are presented with overwhelming evidence that a family member committed a crime and they don't believe it, it doesn't surprise me. Some people will just deny, deny, deny, some just refuse to believe or even question things, some will know that yeah, their family member probably did it but will still deny it and keep that to themselves. Nothing surprises me anymore.

I gotta tell you all. This is one of the saddest cases. It just breaks my heart. All because he didn't want a child, or was it just because he was worried that he would be revealed as a cheater AGAIN? All about him.

MOO
I think he explained his motive pretty well to investigators. He said his girlfriend was his priority and he would never do anything to jeopardize that, or something along those lines.

Too bad his plan backfired. Did he really think committing murder would solve his problems? Did he ever consider how her family and friends would be destroyed by this? I don't think he cares. His actions alone show he has no conscience and no remorse. He's an empty shell. Now he has nothing but four walls to stare at all day for the rest of his life.

MOO
I think he was cheating with KC, and with someone else, probably, and all the time living with his GF on whom he is, in some strange way, psychologically dependent. I think he once heard, “one more time, and I am leaving.” So he did not want to allow the GF to know. Why he is so morally dependent on GF is another question. Something makes her different from the rest, for him. I doubt she’ll be ever charged, and I doubt she directly helped, physically. His actions. There probably are lots of curious moments in the story, but bottom line, immature, totally detached from reality, killer.

But - a psychologist should talk to him, as GF might have had some knowledge of what had happened. The police was searching for 4 weeks, meaning, the GF did not inform on him, if she knew.

MOO

Last edited:

MOO

MOO

I think what he did could have been related to her pregnancy, initially, and then, to facilitate the transportation, sorry. So the body was somehow vandalized, and it will be in charges. If not, there still might be the chance to prove pregnancy by samples from liver and some other organs, but not in all cases it works past one month.

MOO x 2

I hate typing this but didn't we learn in the Watts case that a mother's body expells the baby when she dies? If that is the case she could have aborted naturally and there may not be tissue to sample and no telling what condition KC's organs are in at this point.

I think he explained his motive pretty well to investigators. He said his girlfriend was his priority and he would never do anything to jeopardize that, or something along those lines.

Too bad his plan backfired. Did he really think committing murder would solve his problems? Did he ever consider how her family and friends would be destroyed by this? I don't think he cares. His actions alone show he has no conscience and no remorse. He's an empty shell. Now he has nothing but four walls to stare at all day for the rest of his life.

I think his motive was just not wanting a baby. What was to say Kassandra wouldn't tell the girlfriend that they were sleeping together ?Or is the girlfriend's one of those that are okay with cheating as long as there is no outside child? He couldn't be that afraid of his girlfriend, not his first time cheating. Not sure what so special about him that both the GF and Kassandra kept giving him the time of day. He sounds like a jerk. moo

I had originally thought the same about the possible reason for all the blood...

However, the police stated that 'her body was wrapped and tossed over a hillside' ...So it sounds like her body was intact. :(
Yes, it's been reported several ways. The initial statement by the sheriff's office was "Our detectives found a set of remains that were wrapped and disposed of over a steep hillside."
I would think it would require a lot of strength to throw a body that far down the hill. They also said that "detectives performed a high angle ropes operation to recover the remains." I guess it depends on how steep the hill is and how much vegetation is there.

We also don't know yet how he killed her and how he managed to carry the body out of the house. I wonder if there are steps to the basement or whether there is a door where he could pull up his vehicle without being seen.

If he did in fact do something to her body or if she were pregnant (which I totally believe is true) wouldn't he be facing additional charges? Wondering if that is why they changed the hearing until Friday.
He will probably be facing numerous charges. Felony murder, tampering with evidence, abuse of a corpse, lying to investigators, obstruction, are all possibilities. There must be some way to charge him for the death of the unborn child, especially if that was part of his motive. At least I'm hoping there is.

We also don't know yet how he killed her and how he managed to carry the body out of the house. I wonder if there are steps to the basement or whether there is a door where he could pull up his vehicle without being seen.

Yes, the basement has an entrance with stairs leading down. It's on the backside of the house. The backyard is completely fenced in up to the separate garage. He likely was able to drag her up the stairs, through the small yard and into the garage without anyone being able to see. The garage has a separate alley where he parked his truck and could have just pulled into the garage and loaded her up.

If you Google his address, you can see the entire layout of the house with photos when it was listed for sale last in 2014. That is when he purchased the home.

Not sure what so special about him that both the GF and Kassandra kept giving him the time of day.

My guess is money helped. He and his brother inherited their father's estate and house when he passed in 2014. Kassanndra's mother Marie stated that his father liked Kassanndra and when he died, the ex- boyfriend reached out to Kassanndra and they started speaking again. His brother kept his father's house in University Place and the ex- boyfriend purchased his own in Tacoma which is where she was murdered. It's eery to view the basement photos online of the house and know what happened there :(

Last edited:
I think he was cheating with KC, and with someone else, probably, and all the time living with his GF on whom he is, in some strange way, psychologically dependent. I think he once heard, “one more time, and I am leaving.” So he did not want to allow the GF to know. Why he is so morally dependent on GF is another question. Something makes her different from the rest, for him. I doubt she’ll be ever charged, and I doubt she directly helped, physically. His actions. There probably are lots of curious moments in the story, but bottom line, immature, totally detached from reality, killer.

But - a psychologist should talk to him, as GF might have had some knowledge of what had happened. The police was searching for 4 weeks, meaning, the GF did not inform on him, if she knew.

MOO
I wouldn't be surprised if he's actual a "serial cheater", meaning that he might be one of those guys that will cheat on every single girl they're with. The thing here is, he went so far to make sure his girlfriend/wife wouldn't find out about Kassanndra and the baby, that I keep thinking that there's something more there, but I don't know what. That house was his, as far as I know, so he wouldn't really be at risk to be put out of the house and have no place to go. He also had a job, so I'm assuming he has his own money. The classic "boyfriend living at girlfriend's house, jobless, nowhere to go, no money to survive alone" does not apply here. So, why was he so concerned about losing her? It can be because he loves her SO much, since he did cheat on her and it wasn't the first time. So, why?

I hate typing this but didn't we learn in the Watts case that a mother's body expells the baby when she dies? If that is the case she could have aborted naturally and there may not be tissue to sample and no telling what condition KC's organs are in at this point.
I've never heard about that, and have no idea how that works. But I'm pretty sure the body will tell if she was ever pregnant or not, even if there's no baby inside her.

I think his motive was just not wanting a baby. What was to say Kassandra wouldn't tell the girlfriend that they were sleeping together ?Or is the girlfriend's one of those that are okay with cheating as long as there is no outside child? He couldn't be that afraid of his girlfriend, not his first time cheating. Not sure what so special about him that both the GF and Kassandra kept giving him the time of day. He sounds like a jerk. moo
This would be his "last strike", maybe. Like, "we're getting back together but if you ever cheat on me again, it's over for good". Who knows, it's werid.

My guess is money helped. He and his brother inherited their father's estate and house when he passed in 2014. Kassanndra's mother Marie stated that his father liked Kassanndra and when he died, the ex- boyfriend reached out to Kassanndra and they started speaking again. His brother kept his father's house in University Place and the ex- boyfriend purchased his own which is where she was murdered. It's eery to view the basement photos online of the house and know what happened there :(
Do we know if there were other roommates beside CD and GF living in CD's house? If so, maybe better off but not exactly flush with cash. I have seen roommates referenced here but the most I have caught to potentially support that in MSM were vague references to "other people in the house" or something like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back