Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, of all the ways I considered BM disappearing his wife, I never considered he may have shot her, - wouldn't it be something if a bullet/ casing was something that the searchers had found - maybe she did grab her bike - to escape an enraged Barry, he followed and aimed trying to stop her but killed her - could possibly explain why there may have been a problem with the bike? just an idea - not very well thought out - then again BM did introduce the mountain liar - I mean lion :)
Eta thanks to poster who gave the term Mountain Liar - made me laugh out loud on the train this am

Last edited:
Whether he’s innocent or guilty, it seems perfectly legit for him to be patrolling and protecting his property right now. It wouldn’t make sense for him to join in searching with people who openly state they believe he’s responsible.

Protect his property from what? This isn’t some mob of deranged criminals (or meth heads, as I’m sure our good friend Barry would say) It’s a well coordinated search for Barry’s wife of 20 years. The search team was in contact with both the sheriff and CBI. They weren’t going to storm Barry’s house.

There certainly was no good reason for him to patrolling his property line with a shotgun in some bizarre attempt to intimidate his brother in law and the search team, as AM desperately searches for Suzanne. These people all took time out of their busy lives to spend hours scouring for any clue they can find, and Barry’s main focus here is patrolling his property line with a shotgun.

Even for Barry, this surprised me. I figured he’d be watching the feed panicked, not actively patrolling his property line with a gun. Wild.

I think we need to call it what it is. Barry can't anwer the question-what were the last words you said to Suzanne, join the search for her, say her name, organize his own search, or support Andy because he killed her.

A professional could tell you the psychological term for this, but I'll call it guilt/internal conflict. He’s unwinding because all he did to try and cover up the murder is being threatened. He has zero control right now.

I think we need to call it what it is. Barry can't anwer the question-what were the last words you said to Suzanne, join the search for her, say her name, organize his own search, or support Andy because he killed her.

A professional could tell you the psychological term for this, but I'll call it guilt/internal conflict. He’s unwinding because all he did to try and cover up the murder is being threatened. He has zero control right now.[/QUOTE

Many likes on your post! I won’t be surprised if PBB takes his own life. He is so unhinged, anything is possible. He knows he would never survive prison. Only people like him take a easy way out.

Thank you for doing some research. For me, it's not that the size is too large. The only option I have asks for an image URL. I am unable to upload any photos from my computer or phone.
Can you email an image to yourself, or stick it in a program that you could then forward - like Evernote or Facebook, and the from there upload it?

My family owns land and it’s disconcerting knowing one or a few people have been trespassing on our property. Imagine 500 people showing up nearby, most are amateurs, and some are howling for your blood. I don’t blame Barry for not allowing trespassers, putting up trailcams, and carrying a gun to protect himself. As said upthread, all it takes is one guy - that one loon - to cause trouble.

Also, someone could plant items on your property, which could make it worse for the investigation, or cause other kinds of harm. Even if I weren’t suspected of murder, I’d be very wary of all the people out roaming around.

Maybe he should've finally gotten his security system hooked up/fixed whatever. He's not even living there at the moment, from what we know.
If someone were to plant something, it would be on camera - he's had lots of time make sure of it.
And what could they steal, boulders?
There are only 100+ searchers and, AFAIK, they're not all on the same search.
Nah, BM is nervous AF for a reason. The rifle, wtf? He doesn't have to be there to protect anything.
He's only projecting his massive ego.
There's one loon there alright, IMO.

I agree and legally hes within his rights to do so on his property. My only issue with his behavior is the timing of it. The search has been in the works for weeks. He knew when and where it would be happening. He isnt even living at the house right now (not that it would make a difference rights wise). He could have chosen any day in the past 3-4 weeks to set up trail cams or hire some security team to put measures in place. Instead of planning ahead he CHOSE to wait until the day of the search to hang cameras and walk around his property with a gun. He has an apartment, so if he was truly worried about safety, he didnt have to be at the home during the search. He wanted to be there, it was an intentional choice to do this, on this day. IMO this was yet another attempt by BM to control the narrative (ie Im the innocent victim trying to protect my land) and also to try and intimidate anyone he crossed path with. Im sure he feels the pressure and is looking for ways to assert his continue exerting his dominance over SM
We do think alike. I just said basically the same. BM is so obvious it's laughable. What's not funny is that no one is telling him how unhinged he appears when others are trying to find YOUR WIFE.
Maybe he is all alone now and I really don't have a problem with that.
I would, however, be so freaking pissed if he offed himself. That's not justice, it's cowardice.

We do think alike. I just said basically the same. BM is so obvious it's laughable. What's not funny is that no one is telling him how unhinged he appears when others are trying to find YOUR WIFE.
Maybe he is all alone now and I really don't have a problem with that.
I would, however, be so freaking pissed if he offed himself. That's not justice, it's cowardice.
well duh, we've got two great minds here so were bound to think alike. Honestly, even if people are telling him how crazy he looks, I doubt he cares and/or believes them. BM is a genius in his own mind and Im sure he thought he pulled today off swimmingly. If it makes you feel better, statistically in intimate partner homicide when a man kills his spouse hes most likely to commit suicide with 48-72 hours of the murder if hes suicidal so were most likely in the clear with that. Plus I doubt, even when arrested if BM, will ever really think he'll be convicted. Hes been drinking his own kool aid too long to start doubting himself now

here's a thought:

why did he wait until the DAY of the search to put those cameras up? he had a whole month to go out there in complete privacy and stash as many cams as his little heart desired, and no one would be the wiser.

i thought he was scared and that's why he moved? no, he intentionally waited to dash out to the woods to put up a few cameras on his land, with a shotgun, locked and loaded. and not only was it the day of, but it was at the very moment andy, his BIL, was on the perimeter of his land. (there is footage out there, and andy was with this group.). he is making threats, which makes me wonder if this is really why lauren didn't show up.

y'all know what i think as far as possible drug use (meth) goes, but every time he steps into the picture for a moment, he is continuously confirming my suspicions. this man is paranoid, reckless, and, obviously, fearless. now, maybe it's all that rage driving his behavior, but i am really doubtful. something is very wrong with his mental well-being, and it ain't grief. i certainly hope he doesn't blow a gasket, bc my thought on that is that he wouldn't harm himself, but someone else.

i am on pins and needles about what tomorrow holds. i'm excited for andy, and chris and mike, too, bc you could hear it in andy's voice, on PE, that they have some really awesome leads that could break the case tomorrow.

here's a thought:

why did he wait until the DAY of the search to put those cameras up? he had a whole month to go out there in complete privacy and stash as many cams as his little heart desired, and no one would be the wiser.

i thought he was scared and that's why he moved? no, he intentionally waited to dash out to the woods to put up a few cameras on his land, with a shotgun, locked and loaded. and not only was it the day of, but it was at the very moment andy, his BIL, was on the perimeter of his land. (there is footage out there, and andy was with this group.). he is making threats, which makes me wonder if this is really why lauren didn't show up.

y'all know what i think as far as possible drug use (meth) goes, but every time he steps into the picture for a moment, he is continuously confirming my suspicions. this man is paranoid, reckless, and, obviously, fearless. now, maybe it's all that rage driving his behavior, but i am really doubtful. something is very wrong with his mental well-being, and it ain't grief. i certainly hope he doesn't blow a gasket, bc my thought on that is that he wouldn't harm himself, but someone else.

i am on pins and needles about what tomorrow holds. i'm excited for andy, and chris and mike, too, bc you could hear it in andy's voice, on PE, that they have some really awesome leads that could break the case tomorrow.
for some reason everytime I heaf BM speak about the situation, Im reminded of Jodi Arias when shes being interviewed by the detective and he just keeps saying

"your not acting right"

BM is not right for someone in his position, even when trying to give him the most empathy possible hes just not acting like a man, whose wife of 20 years is missing, thats trying to find his wife.

well duh, we've got two great minds here so were bound to think alike. Honestly, even if people are telling him how crazy he looks, I doubt he cares and/or believes them. BM is a genius in his own mind and Im sure he thought he pulled today off swimmingly. If it makes you feel better, statistically in intimate partner homicide when a man kills his spouse hes most likely to commit suicide with 48-72 hours of the murder if hes suicidal so were most likely in the clear with that. Plus I doubt, even when arrested if BM, will ever really think he'll be convicted. Hes been drinking his own kool aid too long to start doubting himself now
You're right about one thing - I think he's too arrogant to think he'd be convicted but then I think about Castro which makes my stomach turn to this day.
You're half right about those two great minds tho, maybe one and two thirds? The latter being mine! :p

Apart from the gun business the 2 things that strike me about BM in day 1 of the search are:

1. He lives in a condo in another town. So he deliberately made a trip specifically to prevent his Puma Path property being searched

2. The absolutely stark contrast between him and the local lady who was reported approaching the search party to invite and encourage them to search her 300 acres of private property.

However, a part of me suspects that Suzanne is not on the property and that it serves BM’s purpose well to keep the focus there so it won’t be where it needs to be.

moo

Apart from the gun business the 2 things that strike me about BM in day 1 of the search are:

1. He lives in a condo in another town. So he deliberately made a trip specifically to prevent his Puma Path property being searched

2. The absolutely stark contrast between him and the local lady who was reported approaching the search party to invite and encourage them to search her 300 acres of private property.

However, a part of me suspects that Suzanne is not on the property and that it serves BM’s purpose well to keep the focus there so it won’t be where it needs to be.

moo
I don’t think he’s attempting any misdirection here. I think he values his property more than he valued the life of Suzanne, and he’s merely trying to protect it.

It’s about control more than anything, and having all those people around his house would drive him up the wall.

Hence the whole gun thing.

Barry, If the bike looks like it may have been planted that means somebody may have taken the bike and your wife from YOUR PROPERTY, Why would you not allow people to search it for potential clues that could help find your wife?

Yes I tend to agree that it would suit him well more by happenstance than design

I don’t think he’s attempting any misdirection here. I think he values his property more than he valued the life of Suzanne, and he’s merely trying to protect it.

It’s about control more than anything, and having all those people around his house would drive him up the wall.

Hence the whole gun thing.

I agree there's nothing illegal about patrolling your property with a gun.

The same way there's nothing illegal about telling volunteers searching for your missing wife they can't search the place she was last seen.

The same way there's nothing illegal about your hotel room stinking of chlorine

The same way there's nothing illegal about not taking a lie detector

The same way there's nothing illegal about claiming the search is a publicity stunt

Not illegal but you have to admit its a tad suspicious given the current circumstances.

Missing Mom: Suzanne Morphew's Brother Starts Independent Search With 100 Volunteers

The investigation is still ongoing. It is still considered a missing person case.
-.-.-

Amenta said she planned to be part of the search, all five days and Thursday, joined Moorman as he scoured the area around his sister’s home.

“I do feel like this area has been searched over before us but I still want to walk it again,” said Moorman.

The terrain was steep in many areas but that didn’t stop volunteers from scaling rocks and turning over logs.

A large group from Indiana, where Morphew’s family is from, drove out with equipment to search other areas.

“They brought all kinds of terrain equipment and boats and what not and hopefully we can find something that can help him,” said Alan Anderson, a long-time friend of Moorman.

At this point, Moorman says he doesn’t expect to find his sister alive.
-.-.-
Amenta, a two-time cancer survivor bonded with Suzanne, while both were undergoing cancer treatment last year.

“I saw her on the last day of her treatment back last year. and she just was a ray of sunshine and she loved her daughters so much. Her daughters were always with her at treatment and they were just like the three amigos,” she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee