TN TN - Nashville, Sulphur Creek Rd, Blk/Hisp Fem 15-25, UP52531, Vandy clothes, Sep'18

When i type in missing from Vanderbilt University, the only missing person who shows up as missing from there is Justin Shults, who's body was later found at the Brussels Airport in Belgium due to the Brussels terrorist attacks.
THIS IS STRAIGHT UP RIDICULOUS
Why didn't law enforcement ask around campus to see if anyone had seen the woman??? Idk why but i'm feeling that LE just has not tried hard enough to identify this young lady. For some reason, I feel too that this is because she is a woman of color. They gave Justin so much attention, why don't they give her the same as well??? Especially since she was found at the University too and she has University gear on too to represent the school.

Vanderbilt had a home football game on Sept 1, 2018. I believe there's a strong possibility that she attended- or planned to attend- that game.
I don't know why but I never thought to check on football schedule for that time thank you so much for looking that up. I agree there is a good possibility that she could have attended or planned to attend that game. I wish they would have done a reconstruction picture or sketch of what she looked like to spread around that may go a long way to identifying her. I don't know why don't seem to have put much effort into this case and that is sad.

Just a note: I live in Nashville and Vandy gear is sold EVERYWHERE here. Walmart, Target, Kohl's, etc. all have decently-sized Vanderbilt merch sections. I think it's unlikely she was a student there.

This case is so frustrating to me. I don't understand why MNPD hasn't released a sketch.

Last edited:
If she wasn't a student, she could have been a family member of an alumnus/ae or just a fan of the team(s).

I agree that this should be solvable. Going to poke around NAMUS' Missing.

Hmmm... coincidences always interest me.

Nahomy Alexandra Banegas-Banegas, Female, Hispanic / Latino
She was 15 when she went missing from Oakland, CA.
Even though the last date of contact is supposed to be December 2018, this caught my eye:

MP was last seen at home on 14DEC18 when RP left for work MP was no longer at home.

MP is believed to be staying with an uncle and friends in Tennessee. RP does not know the exact location in Tennessee.
[BBM]

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I was looking for more information about the pants. I found someone selling a pair on Poshmark. They, luckily, took a picture of the tags which has a partial manufacturer's date visible. The pants were made in 2017, thumb covers the month. I think this is helpful because it assigns a time frame and confirms she was wearing relatively new collegiate wear. Which is rather pricy if it's not an assigned uniform. Here is a link to the sale site as well. Who knows, this person selling it could have been on the same team if they were assigned athletic wear, as someone suggested. Vanderbilt Star Leggings

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201224-161543_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201224-161543_Chrome.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 41
Hmmm... coincidences always interest me.

Nahomy Alexandra Banegas-Banegas, Female, Hispanic / Latino
She was 15 when she went missing from Oakland, CA.
Even though the last date of contact is supposed to be December 2018, this caught my eye:

MP was last seen at home on 14DEC18 when RP left for work MP was no longer at home.

MP is believed to be staying with an uncle and friends in Tennessee. RP does not know the exact location in Tennessee.
[BBM]

I feel like NAB can't be our Unidentified because the reporting party said they last saw her in December 2018. I do think it's notable that LE apparently couldn't track down the uncle she could be staying with and also wonder where that information (believed to be staying with uncle and friends in TN) came from.

I was looking for more information about the pants. I found someone selling a pair on Poshmark. They, luckily, took a picture of the tags which has a partial manufacturer's date visible. The pants were made in 2017, thumb covers the month. I think this is helpful because it assigns a time frame and confirms she was wearing relatively new collegiate wear. Which is rather pricy if it's not an assigned uniform. Here is a link to the sale site as well. Who knows, this person selling it could have been on the same team if they were assigned athletic wear, as someone suggested. Vanderbilt Star Leggings

Did you reach out to the seller? This is interesting. The seller also says they are “from vandy”. This leads me to believe the pants were bought on campus. I believe that is a headband with a zipper compartment to put your key in while you run. I have a similar one I used to wear to put my house key in while I ran. The whole outfit is just not what you would expect to see a woman living in the margins wearing, or a woman who could go unreported for 2 years. I hope whoever this young lady is will get her identity back.

Last edited:
I'm going to set up a Facebook page for this unknown doe. I've set up one in the past for missing a few guys who went missing in Chicago. Maybe someone will know something. I'll come back and post the link when I get a chance to do it.

I was doing a little digging in regards to the clothing she was wearing and I found something really interesting. According to this article on the Vanderbilt University website the V star pattern apparel is only available to members of the athletic department and sports club teams on campus. In my opinion this would mean that she would have to be connected to Vanderbilt somehow. Either a student, former student, maybe a sister went to school there and gave her the pants or someone she was friends with that went there? This just doesn't make sense why she hasn't been identified yet.

Athletics Logos
If that's the case wrt family, I've already went through the Basketball and Football roster for the 2016-2018 seasons and searched up missing people with the same last names. I've only found a handful of matches. Someone can double check and go through the other sports teams rosters if they'd like.

It's not out the realm of possibilities the school failed to deliver the coverage to everyone.
This case reminds me of Tara Smart's, a college athlete who vanished with minimal coverage; I couldn't even find anything on the university's social media regarding her disappearance. Like Tara, I'm suspecting Jane Doe was a student athlete from the clothing recovered at the site.

(Tara Smart - 2017 - Women's Track and Field - NDSU)
(Tara E. Smart – The Charley Project)

I come by and check on this case every so often. As I was reading through the replies, it struck me that our victim could be an international student? Since Vandy is a prestigious school (perhaps known best for their pre-med/med school programs) it would make sense to me that the school has a decently high number of international students. If the UID’s family isn’t in the country and/or doesn’t have regular/any contact with her, they might not even realize she’s missing.

I’m not sure what to do with this theory, but I figured I’d throw it out there.
(MOO, of course)

Yep, a few posts ago I made the same suggestion. I think there's a good chance she's international.

NamUs: MP72501
Olivia Vasesquez-De Leon
Female, Hispanic / Latino
Last Contact: Jan 16, 2018
Height: 5' 4" to 5' 7"
Weight: 90-110 lbs

Olivia told her Uncle she was leaving and told him that she wasn't coming back. She was last seen getting into a silver 1999 model Cheverolet S-14 truck bearing TN. registration BMD-817. The driver of this vehicle was identified on June 24, 2018, by Maryland State Police after an Officer intiated a traffic stop on this truck. He searched the vehicle for Olivia but with negative results. The driver stated he was helping a friend move from TN. to Deleware. The driver was identified and gave the trooper an address in Wilmington, DE., 19805. The driver said he did not know 'Olivia'. Olivia may possibly be residing with her boyfriend in Chattanooga, TN.

It looks like this hasn’t been discussed much since spring of 21-cannot believe this girl hasn’t been identified. Tonight I realized once in November 21, then in Jan 22, now again today in February 22 (I feel like I need to look more at December 21) womens bodies have been found in the early hours of the morning dumped on the side of a street and all being investigated as homicides. This took me down a rabbit hole I won’t soon come out of and vandy doe popped onto my radar. First I want to back up what another person said, I am also a nashville native and you can purchase vandy gear in many places, including the actual university bookstore which sits atop a Barnes and noble on west end ave. I also used to work at vandy and know that employees get discounts on vandy gear. No-no one is a big vandy sports fan. I think this girl was a local and maybe an employee but possible a student. I can’t understand how we haven’t been able to link her to any missing persons though through dental records or anything else. That takes away from the student theory for me. Plans to attend The football game that evening is a super interesting theory- but I feel like this outfit is for running or hiking, and from what I understand-she had no shoes on. She was found between Joelton and Scottsboro. This is rural and a combination of Beamon park, bells bend farm, old school farm, local hound hipster farmers, and locals. It is nowhere near the university and strikes me as a dump site by someone very familiar with nashville and surrounding areas. I wish we could find some updates on this case.

NEW RECONSTRUCTION BY NCMEC
UP52531.jpg
NCMU1447338x1.jpg
NCMU1447338x2.jpg

"On September 8th, 2018 an unidentified deceased female was discovered on the side of a rural road a few miles north west of Nashville, TN. Forensic analysis determined that the body was of a female, who was likely of African American heritage with a possible mixed ancestry of Hispanic. She stood 5'0-5'5, and had black, curly hair. Due to the condition of her remains, her weight and eye color are unknown. She is estimated to be between the ages of 15 and 25 years old. The female was dressed from head to toe in apparel that bore the Vanderbilt University logo. She wore a black 1/4 zip Under Armor brand top with "VANDY" in gold stitching in capital letters under the white Vanderbilt "V" within the gold star, as well as black leggings that had the white Vanderbilt "V" inside the gold star in a wide-spread geometric pattern. She also wore a ZooZatZ brand black running hip band with zip pocket with the Vanderbilt logo, as well as a white metal necklace from the "From the Heart" brand. The necklace appears to have been missing a charm such, as the one pictured. She also wore a green and black leopard print bra, black undershirt, and white socks. Digital reconstructions of some of these items are displayed above. On the left is a facial reconstruction created by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depicts what the female may have looked like in life. If you have any information that may assist in the identification of this person please contact Metro Nashville Police Department Cold Case Unit at 615-862-7329 or The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678)."

Metro Nashville Police Department Cold Case Unit at 615-862-7329
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678)

MORE INFO AT 3PM EST 5/11/2022
Facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam