GUILTY CA - Gabriel Fernandez, 8, tortured to death, Palmdale, 22 May 2013

When I saw the mother's day card part I broke down. He just wanted to be loved by her after all that. She give him away before she even left the hospital, I wish it stayed like that. It's like she hated him from the womb.

I’m watching this series now. I am absolutely appalled at the way these social workers and cops handled this case. Why was he given back to that beast who abandoned him at birth in the first place?

Are none of these so called professionals parents? Don’t they know what accidental bruises look like? Why didn’t they know that children who fall off a bike, or whatever their accidental excuse of the week, don’t miss 13 days of school? Don’t they train these people to recognize the manipulative tactics of “parents” like these two? Or do they just not give a f@@@????

Does anyone really think this series and publicity will make a difference? Each time a child is murdered under the nose of Social Services, people scream for justice but nothing ever seems to change.

Let me also say that I know there are many, many CSWs who do their jobs admirably. They deserve to be commended every day. This group of losers however belong in jail, right along side the egg donor and her boyfriend.

this little boys existence and death is probably the cruellest, most horrific heart wrenching case I have ever seen.
an 8 year old kid understanding suicide and that's what he should do.
I know I will get a smack for this but I can't help it.

pearl...... may you rot away slowly and cruelly you piece of *advertiser censored*.

moo

Thank you for keeping us up to date, Niner !
I have followed Gabriel's case from a far distance for my own mental health. :(

There are punishments for this despicable pair that I won't say here.:mad:

Rest in gentle peace, dear Gabriel !

Court site still has this for today.

Thursday, July 16th:
*Hearing for Remittitur (for all) (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 23, 2013, Lancaster) - Child Services personnel Patricia Clement, Stephanie Rodriguez, & supervisors Gregory Merritt, Kevin Bom charged (3/20/17) & arraigned (4/3/17) on one felony count child abuse & falsifying records. $1M bail for each; all posted bail on 4/7/16.
Court information from 9/13/18 thru 1/6/20 reference post #695 here:
CA - Gabriel Fernandez, 8, tortured to death, Palmdale, 22 May 2013

1/21/20 Update: In their petition filed Tuesday, Jan. 21, for reconsideration of the decision on the social workers’ case, prosecutors wrote, “If facts known to petitioners suggested Gabriel’s caretakers would harm him, petitioners had a duty to control Pearl and Isauro, to protect Gabriel and to prevent Pearl and Isauro from murdering him. If petitioners weren’t supposed to protect Gabriel from his killers, who was? …. It was their duty to supervise and control Pearl and Isauro’s conduct when it came to how Pearl and Isauro treated Gabriel.” Defense attorneys argued that the abuse and torture escalated months after a file on the boy had been closed and that there was insufficient evidence to take him away from his mother. A Feb. 18 pretrial hearing is scheduled in the case, which was effectively put on hold during the appellate court proceedings.
2/18/20 Update: Next pretrial conference hearing on 3/23 for all. 3/23/20: Pretrial conference hearing rescheduled to 5/7/20 for all due to coronavirus. 5/4/20 Update: Due to the coronavirus the pretrial conference hearing has been rescheduled on 6/26 for all.
6/18/20 Update: Hearing on 6/26 has been cancelled. Next hearing on remittitur on 7/16/20 for all.
Pearl Fernandez (mom) & Isauro Aguirre were sentenced 6/7/18-Pearl received life w/o parole, Isauro received the death penalty.

Had to look up "what" a remittitur hearing was:

A remittitur is a ruling by a judge (usually upon motion to reduce or throw out a jury verdict) lowering the amount of damages granted by a jury in a civil case. ... Notably, under California law, the Court of Appeal issues a remittitur after an appeal is heard and decided.

Gabriel Fernandez death: Charges dismissed against social workers involved in Palmdale boy's case

A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge dismissed charges against social workers who were accused of child abuse and falsifying records related to the death of 8-year-old Gabriel Fernandez.

The dismissal was long expected after an appellate panel ruled in January that the social workers should not face charges for failing to prevent the torture and killing of the Palmdale boy.

Case dismissed against social workers charged in death of 8-year-old California boy

In Lomeli's ruling, the judge found that the social workers were "factually innocent" of the crimes, according to NBC Los Angeles.

The Department of Children and Family Services issued a statement on Facebook saying it respect's the court's decision.

Gabriel Fernandez death: Charges dismissed against social workers involved in Palmdale boy's case

A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge dismissed charges against social workers who were accused of child abuse and falsifying records related to the death of 8-year-old Gabriel Fernandez.

The dismissal was long expected after an appellate panel ruled in January that the social workers should not face charges for failing to prevent the torture and killing of the Palmdale boy.

Case dismissed against social workers charged in death of 8-year-old California boy

In Lomeli's ruling, the judge found that the social workers were "factually innocent" of the crimes, according to NBC Los Angeles.

The Department of Children and Family Services issued a statement on Facebook saying it respect's the court's decision.
Although it was expected, this really ticks me off! This child did not have to die. I’m sick and tired of incompetent and lazy SS employees abetting torture and murder and not paying a price for it.

I realize there are many fine people in that profession who care about children and do an honorable job. These people did not! What is the incentive to prevent this from happening in the future? I’m so angry!

Court site still has this for today.

Thursday, July 16th:
*Hearing for Remittitur (for all) (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 23, 2013, Lancaster) - Child Services personnel Patricia Clement, Stephanie Rodriguez, & supervisors Gregory Merritt, Kevin Bom charged (3/20/17) & arraigned (4/3/17) on one felony count child abuse & falsifying records. $1M bail for each; all posted bail on 4/7/16.
Court information from 9/13/18 thru 1/6/20 reference post #695 here:
CA - Gabriel Fernandez, 8, tortured to death, Palmdale, 22 May 2013

1/21/20 Update: In their petition filed Tuesday, Jan. 21, for reconsideration of the decision on the social workers’ case, prosecutors wrote, “If facts known to petitioners suggested Gabriel’s caretakers would harm him, petitioners had a duty to control Pearl and Isauro, to protect Gabriel and to prevent Pearl and Isauro from murdering him. If petitioners weren’t supposed to protect Gabriel from his killers, who was? …. It was their duty to supervise and control Pearl and Isauro’s conduct when it came to how Pearl and Isauro treated Gabriel.” Defense attorneys argued that the abuse and torture escalated months after a file on the boy had been closed and that there was insufficient evidence to take him away from his mother. A Feb. 18 pretrial hearing is scheduled in the case, which was effectively put on hold during the appellate court proceedings.
2/18/20 Update: Next pretrial conference hearing on 3/23 for all. 3/23/20: Pretrial conference hearing rescheduled to 5/7/20 for all due to coronavirus. 5/4/20 Update: Due to the coronavirus the pretrial conference hearing has been rescheduled on 6/26 for all.
6/18/20 Update: Hearing on 6/26 has been cancelled. Next hearing on remittitur on 7/16/20 for all.
Pearl Fernandez (mom) & Isauro Aguirre were sentenced 6/7/18-Pearl received life w/o parole, Isauro received the death penalty.

Had to look up "what" a remittitur hearing was:

A remittitur is a ruling by a judge (usually upon motion to reduce or throw out a jury verdict) lowering the amount of damages granted by a jury in a civil case. ... Notably, under California law, the Court of Appeal issues a remittitur after an appeal is heard and decided.
Fernandez deserved the death penalty...more than Isauro. She was the mother, what the hell...:mad:
I don't understand why women are (almost) always spared from death penalty...
It's an American mystery.... :confused:

Hey there everyone. I hope you are all happy, well and safe. It’s a scary world we live in today. I’m watching “The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez” on Netflix. I’m horrified. I think this is the cruelest of all the evil out there. Gabriel’s case is new to me - shame on me for my unawareness. Anyways, I had to grab my iPad from my granddaughter and log in here to look him up. The documentary is a limited series with six episodes. I’m on episode two and I’m so mad!

What is wrong with those monsters - and his good for nothing so-called mom? Idk what to say about her that I can write here. I know I’m gonna be livid by the time I finish binging the series.

Hey there everyone. I hope you are all happy, well and safe. It’s a scary world we live in today. I’m watching “The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez” on Netflix. I’m horrified. I think this is the cruelest of all the evil out there. Gabriel’s case is new to me - shame on me for my unawareness. Anyways, I had to grab my iPad from my granddaughter and log in here to look him up. The documentary is a limited series with six episodes. I’m on episode two and I’m so mad!

What is wrong with those monsters - and his good for nothing so-called mom? Idk what to say about her that I can write here. I know I’m gonna be livid by the time I finish binging the series.
Hi @imstilla.grandma So good to see you here.
Yes, this is truly a heartbreaking case. Sweet little Gabriel. The torture he endured. I followed this case closely. It's fairly local to me.
I read every article, watched every news report I could find and followed along on the very well run Facebook page. I followed the trial closely. The Netflix series was very good, although heartbreaking to watch. I've been away from the thread for several months. I guess I needed a mental health break.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Hi to you both !! Such a tragic life (if you can see the big picture ) and horrid twisted end for this sweet little guy ;(.
I had to stand back a ways for the "social workers" I have a genuine hope that every day for the rest of your lives you reach out to a stranger and make their life better . Have to stop now . ISG love you hope you are happy and kicking back miss you terribly !!
LDRN welcome back !!! Always good to have you here with us . Be safe and well !! <3 MOO MOO

Hi @imstilla.grandma So good to see you here.
Yes, this is truly a heartbreaking case. Sweet little Gabriel. The torture he endured. I followed this case closely. It's fairly local to me.
I read every article, watched every news report I could find and followed along on the very well run Facebook page. I followed the trial closely. The Netflix series was very good, although heartbreaking to watch. I've been away from the thread for several months. I guess I needed a mental health break.
Well Hi to you both !! Such a tragic life (if you can see the big picture ) and horrid twisted end for this sweet little guy ;(.
I had to stand back a ways for the "social workers" I have a genuine hope that every day for the rest of your lives you reach out to a stranger and make their life better . Have to stop now . ISG love you hope you are happy and kicking back miss you terribly !!
LDRN welcome back !!! Always good to have you here with us . Be safe and well !! <3 MOO MOO
Thank you both for the kind words. I appreciate y’all.

Anyways - I turned the show back on and Prosecution said it’s rare to seek the death penalty for a child abuser resulting in murder. Kinda startled me so...Google!
I found this research on this issue. It’s a lot and I haven’t read the entire thing yet but I think it’s worth a full read.
Use of the Death Penalty for Killing a Child Victim | Death Penalty Information Center

Thank you both for the kind words. I appreciate y’all.

Anyways - I turned the show back on and Prosecution said it’s rare to seek the death penalty for a child abuser resulting in murder. Kinda startled me so...Google!
I found this research on this issue. It’s a lot and I haven’t read the entire thing yet but I think it’s worth a full read.
Use of the Death Penalty for Killing a Child Victim | Death Penalty Information Center

Thanks for sharing the info on the death penalty. I'll admit I was happy when it was handed down in this case (even though I know in CA it will most likely never happen). I hoped momster would have gotten the same but she accepted a plea deal. I don't imagine living in general population isn't too pleasant for her. Inmates certainly don't like child killers.

This case quite literally made me sick. I think I cried through almost all of the documentary. No child (no exceptions) should ever have to endure what this little angel went through. I watched this about a month ago and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how any adult, any human being...let alone a MOTHER can treat their child this way or let any man lay his hands on her child. I would be sitting in prison myself if anyone ever harmed my daughter. The photos they showed broke my heart a million times over. In my opinion they both got what they deserved. She should have gotten the death penalty as well though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back