OR OR - Tillamook, WhtMale 25-35, UP17634, mutton-chop sideburns, 6'5", Sz 12 Skor sneakers, Aug'91

OT: This is the second time I've contacted NamUs with a potential match and the case file was updated with a picture within days.

Missing Person Case
I think this is him. I submitted him to namus.. his hair is listed as brown BUT on the Charley project there is a 2nd photo listed and it looks like his hair definitely has a reddish tint to it.

Attachments

• 20190126_214322.jpg
    20190126_214322.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 56
Who is that in the photo above? It does look like a good match!
Jeffery D. Gerald.
Here is another photo of him in color so that you can see that he does appear in my opinion to have a lot of red tone to his hair. I submitted him. This case is a local case to me.. I live in Oregon and after months of looking and looking , I think he shows the strongest resemblance to the composite. I wish that they would release an updated composite .

Attachments

• 20190129_111054.jpg
    20190129_111054.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 26
According to CP, Gerald is suspected to be a victim of Leonard Lake and Charles Ng in 1985, six years before this UP was found (with a PMI of only 12hrs). This news article from 1985 further indicates that Gerald was likely killed in 1985:

Police Link 19 Missing, 3 Dead to Lake and Ng

Jeff Gerald, 25, of San Francisco is a thin, muscular man who worked by day with Ng as a mover and spent evenings playing drums for the band Crash and Burn. He vanished in February after saying he was going to help Ng move.

According to CP, Gerald is suspected to be a victim of Leonard Lake and Charles Ng in 1985, six years before this UP was found (with a PMI of only 12hrs). This news article from 1985 further indicates that Gerald was likely killed in 1985:

Were they not able to ID him among any of the remains, or ID any of items as belonging to him they searched the cabin?

Yes, I did read that about him believed to be a victing of Ng. I wonder if they ever found any evidence to find that he was a victim? Do you think its possible he could have saw something horrible and just chose to leave instead? The circumstances do not match , I agree, but wow he resembles this description more then anyone I have seen yet.

Reading the article about 19 missing people, 3 dead, etc, are the 19 still considered missing (besides Jeff Gerald)?
Also, were the men killed for the heck of it and/or robbery? Or were they tortured and sexually assaulted like the women were before they were murdered? Usually serial killers have a type, don't they?
OT: I think these two were featured on Unsolved Mysteries a long time ago, and I recall how much what they did scared me and gave me nightmares, so I've avoided reading about them.

And excerpt from this book, Die for Me, The Terrifying True story about Lake & Ng (title edited for brevity), states Jeff Gerald had blond hair.
Not sure where the author got that information.

Die For Me

I think he might be Dale Darrow, who is reported missing from Azalea, Oregon in 1990.

His reported height is 6’4” to 6’5” and is listed as wearing what seems like an Army surplus jacket.

I think the only available picture of Darrow (the NamUs one) is not an accurate portrait of what he looked like when he went missing, because the notes indicate he had “shoulder-length hair”. He also seems to have more reddish than brown hair. Darrow’s eyes are reported as blue, which could easily be mistaken postmortem for hazel.

Darrow is not in the exclusion list.

I think he might be Dale Darrow, who is reported missing from Azalea, Oregon in 1990.

His reported height is 6’4” to 6’5” and is listed as wearing what seems like an Army surplus jacket.

I think the only available picture of Darrow (the NamUs one) is not an accurate portrait of what he looked like when he went missing, because the notes indicate he had “shoulder-length hair”. He also seems to have more reddish than brown hair. Darrow’s eyes are reported as blue, which could easily be mistaken postmortem for hazel.

I think this is worth submitting!

I think this is worth submitting!

I second the submission! I seriously thought this guy would be highly identifiable with being 6'5" and red hair. That kind of combination would be unforgettable to me (especially with me being a shorty at 5'1" lol).

I wonder can states search DMV records for height and hair color? Surely there's not a ton of 6'5'' red heads in Oregon and they can at least narrow it down a bit.

Does anyone know if Timothy Douglas Moreau was ruled out?
It was thought he was murdered, but they never found his body, so maybe he wasn't but disappeared instead because he was scared of the guy.
Timothy Douglas Moreau – The Charley Project
Worth submitting! Given his age, his height could have changed from the last time he was measured before he went missing. The backstory does sound more like he probably was murdered but since the body still hasn’t been found and more than one person was “involved” who know what really happened. Timothy’s Doe Network page says he may possibly have an abdominal scar, which would be another matching characteristic. Long shot but worth checking. Gordie is still the only rule out on this one.

3768DMOR - Timothy Douglas Moreau

So Gordon Page has definitely been ruled out?
They both have red hair, height is close enough, and both have scars on their chins and abdomens. The recon isn't great, but I can see a slight resemblance.

So Gordon Page has definitely been ruled out?
They both have red hair, height is close enough, and both have scars on their chins and abdomens. The recon isn't great, but I can see a slight resemblance.
I agree... I don’t know what the factors led to the rule out, it was almost immediately after Alleykins submitted, less than a week.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back