NY - Wendy Jerome, 14, raped and killed, Rochester, 22 Nov 1984 *Arrest in 2020*

Authorities said they knew that the perpetrator was a Black male, but they could not compare DNA results in the Combined DNA Index List of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. In April 2019, cops sent the full profile of this DNA to the state crime lab in an attempt to see if maybe any suspects in their database were linked to the murderer.

“She was the second on the list sent for the State of New York,” Marlene Jerome said last year.

The long and short it’s that this action contributed to Williams according to investigators. The defendant was 20 years old at the time of the murder, and lived in Jerome’s neighborhood; he moved to Florida soon afterward, Umbrino said.

Williams has been a “couple” of occasions in the years since in Rochester and Florida, Police Captain said. Umbrino said he didn’t know the victim, nor did the victim or her relatives know him.

Records viewed by Law&Crime reveal that Williams is an out of state inmate in the Brevard County Jail in Florida.
Snips from: 14-YEAR-OLD GIRL IN 1984 COLD CASE WHO WAS ALLEGEDLY MURDERED BY A MAN, ARRESTED:‘WE FINALLY DID IT’: POLICE SAID

Suspect in Rochester cold case to be arraigned Saturday

Sept. 19, 2020

Rochester, N.Y. — The suspect charged in the murder of a teenage girl on Thanksgiving night 35 years ago pleaded not guilty during his arraignment Saturday.

Timothy Williams, 56, was extradited from Florida to Rochester on Friday.
[.....]
Williams is due back in court for a preliminary hearing Thursday.

@PayrollNerd - I believe you posted a hearing on 9/25, Friday, but this article says Thursday, 9/24 - ?? Can you check the court site again - and see "who" is right? He is in Monroe County.
TIA! :)

Suspect in Rochester cold case to be arraigned Saturday

Sept. 19, 2020

Rochester, N.Y. — The suspect charged in the murder of a teenage girl on Thanksgiving night 35 years ago pleaded not guilty during his arraignment Saturday.

Timothy Williams, 56, was extradited from Florida to Rochester on Friday.
[.....]
Williams is due back in court for a preliminary hearing Thursday.

@PayrollNerd - I believe you posted a hearing on 9/25, Friday, but this article says Thursday, 9/24 - ?? Can you check the court site again - and see "who" is right? He is in Monroe County.
TIA! :)
Nothing has changed on the Brevard County, FL court site. It still lists the same info. However, if they've already extradited him from FL to NY, why would he still have a court date in FL?
Here is a clip of the screen and I've re-downloaded the Case Summary.
upload_2020-9-19_15-52-35.png

Attachments

• Timothy Williams Brevard Cty FL 9-19-20.pdf
    257.5 KB · Views: 1
I dug around on the Monroe County, NY online records search. I cannot figure their website out. I cannot determine which Timothy Williams is this guy because you get no info beyond the list of 24 names to choose from. I tried selecting the first one, and there is no options beyond that to see records. Maybe someone else can figure out if he is even listed there yet?

Man accused of 1984 murder of Wendy Jerome extradited to Rochester
''Williams is scheduled to be arraigned at Rochester City Court at 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
News10NBC was at the airport when he arrived, but he declined to comment when approached by our crew.''

Man_accused_of_1984_murder_of_Wendy_Jerome_extradited_to_Rochester-syndImport-060756.jpg

Timothy Williams (man in green with white tank top).
News10NBC

Man accused of 1984 murder of Wendy Jerome extradited to Rochester
''Williams is scheduled to be arraigned at Rochester City Court at 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
News10NBC was at the airport when he arrived, but he declined to comment when approached by our crew.''

Man_accused_of_1984_murder_of_Wendy_Jerome_extradited_to_Rochester-syndImport-060756.jpg

Timothy Williams (man in green with white tank top).
News10NBC
I looked at the Rochester City Court site and even on their calendar by judge. I couldn't find this guy listed anywhere.

I looked at the Rochester City Court site and even on their calendar by judge. I couldn't find this guy listed anywhere.
If he was just moved today, is it possible that because it is Saturday and also a Jewish holiday, they did not get around to updating the site? speculation.
rosh hashanah 2020 - بحث Google
''Rosh Hashanah 2020 began in the evening of
Friday
September 18
and ends in the evening of
Sunday
September 20''

Okay - a day late - but just to keep my notes update to date - I'll post this.

Saturday, Sept. 19th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 9:30am ET) – NY – Wendy Jerome (14) (Nov. 22, 1984, raped & severely beaten to death, found later that night lying in an alcove of Schools 33 & 11 at Webster Ave. a couple of blocks from her home) - *Timothy Lee Williams (20 @ time of crime/56) arrested & charged (9/9/20) with 2nd degree murder & rape.
DNA familial search/Williams became a suspect after the New York state crime lab uploaded DNA from the crime scene to a database and came up with profiles of relatives.
9/9/20 Update: arrested at his home in Melbourne, Florida Wednesday 9/9/20. He was jailed & arraigned 9/11/20 & waived extradition to New York. He remains the Brevard County Jail in Florida as an out of state fugitive. No action as to bond. There was a waiver of extradition filed Thursday, 9/10/20. Was extradited to Rochester on Friday, 9/18/20. He has no attorney of record. A arraignment hearing is set for September 19.

Man accused of 1984 murder of Wendy Jerome pleads not guilty Saturday

Sept. 19, 2020

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — The man arrested in 36-year-old cold case murder was arraigned Saturday morning.
[.....]
Williams was arraigned at 9:30 a.m. at Rochester City Court and pleaded not guilty to the rape and murder of Wendy Jerome.

Williams appeared virtually and was held without bail.
[.....]
A preliminary hearing was scheduled for Sept. 24 at 2 p.m. at Rochester City Court.

Thursday, Sept. 24th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ 2pm ET) – NY – Wendy Jerome (14) (Nov. 22, 1984, raped & severely beaten to death, found later that night lying in an alcove of Schools 33 & 11 at Webster Ave. a couple of blocks from her home) - *Timothy Lee Williams (20 @ time of crime/56) arrested & charged (9/9/20) & arraigned (9/19/20) with 2nd degree murder & rape. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
DNA familial search/Williams became a suspect after the New York state crime lab uploaded DNA from the crime scene to a database & came up with profiles of relatives.
9/9/20 Update: arrested at his home in Melbourne, Florida Wednesday 9/9/20. He was jailed & arraigned 9/11/20 & waived extradition to New York. He remains the Brevard County Jail in Florida as an out of state fugitive. No action as to bond. There was a waiver of extradition filed Thursday, 9/10/20. Was extradited to Rochester on Friday, 9/18/20. He has no attorney of record. A arraignment hearing is set for September 19.
9/19/20 Update: Plead not guilty. And will be held without bond. Next preliminary hearing on 9/24/20 @ 2pm.

Guess we have to wait for an article as I sure can't figure out the Monroe County court site... o_O :rolleyes:

His middle name is Lee
I found the Rochester City Court Criminal Division where he had a preliminary hearing on 9/24 but they have nothing online, not even the criminal Judge’s calendars. In researching a bit more it looks like New York has stringent privacy laws which is why they don’t have that info online.

I found the Rochester City Court Criminal Division where he had a preliminary hearing on 9/24 but they have nothing online, not even the criminal Judge’s calendars. In researching a bit more it looks like New York has stringent privacy laws which is why they don’t have that info online.

Thanks for checking this out Suglo! Darn....

Oops - looks like he was arraigned today - so just to keep it neat...

Friday, October 2nd:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 2pm ET) – NY – Wendy Jerome (14) (Nov. 22, 1984, raped & severely beaten to death, found later that night lying in an alcove of Schools 33 & 11 at Webster Ave. a couple of blocks from her home) - *Timothy Lee Williams (20 @ time of crime/56) arrested & charged (9/9/20) & arraigned (9/19/20) & indicted (9/28/20) with 2 counts of 2nd degree murder & intention. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
DNA familial search/Williams became a suspect after the New York state crime lab uploaded DNA from the crime scene to a database and came up with profiles of relatives.
9/19/20 Update: Plead not guilty. And will be held without bond. Next preliminary hearing on 9/24/20 @ 2pm. 9/24/20 Update: Arraignment hearing on 10/2/20.
10/2/20 Update: Plead not guilty.

Man accused of 1984 murder of Wendy Jerome pleads not guilty

October 2, 2020

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — The Florida man arrested for the murder of a 14-year-old girl from Rochester back in 1984 pleaded not guilty in Monroe County Court Friday morning.

Authorities arrested Timothy Williams last month, nearly 36 years after the crime, while he was living in Florida.

Investigators say he killed Wendy Jerome on Thanksgiving Day in 1984. News10NBC’s Nikki Rudd has been following the case in the exclusive Inside the Evidence series.

Ultimately, Rochester Police say familial DNA testing is what led them to suspect Williams. It all started with DNA samples RPD sent to the State Police Crime Lab.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back