Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has crossed my mind several times, she would have fit into the carcass of a large bull elk easily, just not sure he had time to get that done.

An experienced hunter would know how to clean out the inside of an elk, MOO. It doesn’t take that long. I don’t think it was actually “roadkill” honestly. IDK, so many moving parts in this case.

I don't twitter but saw it pop up on Chris's twitter yesterday afternoon while checking on something else. It is a comment about what is the pink bike and it was mentioned on Tricia's segment last night.
I’ve been following and this is my first post. I have to second @ajaylee on the bike thing. Nobody buys an entire bike ‘for parts’. You can buy individual brake part replacements, and small things like disc brake pins are just cotter pins that are easily replaceable.

I’d be more interested in the bike brand, model, etc. it is more interesting what type and size of bike this pink bike is, and who it was intended for.

Catastrophic bike failure is highly unusual.

what is more interesting is that local bike shops also operate as a community, where you get to know people and join group rides. Especially if BM does not ride - this would’ve been a SM safe space. So perhaps Scot is/was a friend of SM too.

I’m hoping the bike is of no consequence and that SM is found today. I’m about to go ride and I’ll be thinking of searchers. It’s chilly here in CO today. MOO

On Friday at 8:15 am (closed thread so I can’t quote) I posted water level data that indicates that the water level of the Arkansas River in Salida was nearly 10 inches higher on May 22nd than May 9th. So I think beach was NOT underwater on the 9th. @PaulaDC also indicated drone footage suggested beach area was not underwater around May 9.
You can search this forum for the word underwater to find my post with the attached graphs which show water level for the year and water level May 1 through Friday.

“I looked at the historic water level data and it appears that the water level of the Arkansas River at Salida was nearly 10 inches higher on May 22nd than on May 9th so I agree with @PaulaDC that the beach area was likely not underwater on the 9th when it was reportedly raked. JMO - I am not a subject matter expert. Attaching the graphs. Compare Data

Using the exact same data as you, I do see that the Arkansas River height gauge rose a little over nine inches between May 9 and May 22 (the date of the search photo), but the water level on May 9 was 4.13 feet and the water level yesterday was 2.68 feet. That's a difference of 1.45 feet, or 17.4 inches.
Going back to comparison of the picture, the water level in the May 22nd search picture is eight inches above the water level in the Sept 26 photo.
I think this question devolves to asking MG what muck she raked, and what area she did not rake because it was underwater. She certainly could not have raked all of the area that is exposed today. IMO
Detail Graph

I’m curious why LS just dropped from sight during this search. She said she would cover it, right? Yet no word from her?

I know this search is all about Suzanne but I keep remembering Nate Eaton in the Vallow Daybell case staying right on it. And then there was the Kelsey Berreth case and the reporter who covered I through the sentencing.

In any case, Lauren got the ball rolling.

Didn’t a resident of Salida say the mountains there have stories to tell (or something to that affect)?

I should have asked this sooner but I thought I would eventually figure it out on my own but that doesn’t seem to be happening. So... what is it that these two photos are supposed to be indicating to me? 1)Barry on the ground during one of the early searches 2) the same area later with no Barry.
Thanks!

I am unable to listen to the video. Could some one pleeease tell me who they are?

Sure! Happy to.

TN, Barry's electively mute & invisible spokesperson, and GD, his buddy who knows more about this stuff than anybody on account of he did 400 tours of Iraq/Afghanistan.

JMO.

Last edited:
I should have asked this sooner but I thought I would eventually figure it out on my own but that doesn’t seem to be happening. So... what is it that these two photos are supposed to be indicating to me? 1)Barry on the ground during one of the early searches 2) the same area later with no Barry.
Thanks!
IIRC, Tyler who works for the PE guys was able to find the exact location using the original photo with Barry above.

For the record, as a longtime cyclist, I can't imagine anyone buying a new bike for parts. Maybe buying a used/wrecked bike cheap for parts, but anyone doing that would probably not be taking their bikes to a shop for work.

I agree buying any bike new or used 'for parts' is extremely rare. I tinker with my bikes all the time and have spare parts laying around from various projects but I cannot imagine anyone buying a bike for parts unless it was wrecked. It would be even more rare for someone to buy a bike for parts that was having to take a bike to a bike shop for repairs in the first place.

I think this will end up being CM once again talking in riddles then moving on to another subject and never following up on the original comment.

I agree buying any bike new or used 'for parts' is extremely rare. I tinker with my bikes all the time and have spare parts laying around from various projects but I cannot imagine anyone buying a bike for parts unless it was wrecked. It would be even more rare for someone to buy a bike for parts that was having to take a bike to a bike shop for repairs in the first place.

I think this will end up being CM once again talking in riddles then moving on to another subject and never following up on the original comment.
I don’t think the pink bike is a riddle. Wasn’t it mentioned a few threads back that BM had purchased a bike a few days before Suzanne went missing? Or am I losing my mind?

PS Found it: It was a post from Megnut:

CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

“PE guys mention, but choose not to dwell, that purportedly BM bought a bike a week before Suzanne's disappearance.

Interesting.

JMO”

Last edited:
I’ve been following and this is my first post. I have to second @ajaylee on the bike thing. Nobody buys an entire bike ‘for parts’. You can buy individual brake part replacements, and small things like disc brake pins are just cotter pins that are easily replaceable.

I’d be more interested in the bike brand, model, etc. it is more interesting what type and size of bike this pink bike is, and who it was intended for.

Catastrophic bike failure is highly unusual.

what is more interesting is that local bike shops also operate as a community, where you get to know people and join group rides. Especially if BM does not ride - this would’ve been a SM safe space. So perhaps Scot is/was a friend of SM too.

I’m hoping the bike is of no consequence and that SM is found today. I’m about to go ride and I’ll be thinking of searchers. It’s chilly here in CO today. MOO

I have built more than twenty bicycles out of the parts that I removed from other bikes which I salvaged, purchased or were gifted to me. The last one, which is still ridden by a relative consisted of parts from bicycles manufactured all the way from ca. 1935 to 1994. I knew a professional biker (now deceased) who owned well over 250 frames. I have seen a significant portion of them hanging in his garage and basement, but did not see the rest at his shop or storage building. IMO

I don’t think the pink bike is a riddle. Wasn’t it mentioned a few threads back that BM had purchased a bike a few days before Suzanne went missing? Or am I losing my mind?
I do think there was mention of BM buying a bike on an older thread. Fwiw it’s not unusual for bikes to be pink these days - even a man sized XL high end bike might be pink, although I can’t see BM buying himself a pink bike. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean