GUILTY WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, found deceased, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020 *Arrest* #2

Minor update: RC had mentioned that another family member set up a on their father’s side of family. (He said to continue to share the original). But FYI I saw the second has an update that the ME did all they could but now they are waiting on a forensic anthropologist to finish the autopsy and it could be a few months before KC body is released.

This will be graphic as well........

I have learned during my time at WS...that an area of the body decomposes much faster if it is wounded/opened/injured, compared to an intact body or area of the body. So that makes me wonder....had her torso been cut open? If it turns out her arms and legs are not skeletonized and are much less decomposed than the torso....could she have been cut open to remove the fetus (evidence of pregnancy)? Sorry :(

MOO

Or my thoughts are maybe he just stabbed her abdomen excessively either after she was already deceased as overkill or possibly that’s where he started which I don’t even want to think about. Pure evil IMO.

I am wondering however where stab wounds come from as I read the paperwork and was unable to find that that part. Maybe I missed it somewhere. Also I don’t see how the live in gf would NOT know as from the evidence, KC was left in the basement overnight. I’m curious to know if live in gf worked the morning of the 26th. What were her hours? Would CD have time to clean up and hide the body well enough that neither roommate would suspect or see anything? I think quite possibly there could be more charges unless the others serve as witnesses. Just MOO and thinking out loud.

Regarding the charges I too am curious why there aren't other charges related to desecration of a corpse since she was reported to be found in garbage bags, if I'm not mistaken. Or obstruction of justice by impeding the investigation.
I think he just used two or more to cover the whole body. One over the head and one over the feet, then more to seal it up. I don't think anything special was done to the body after she was killed. The temperatures and black construction bags would be enough to explain the decomposition.

Or my thoughts are maybe he just stabbed her abdomen excessively either after she was already deceased as overkill or possibly that’s where he started which I don’t even want to think about. Pure evil IMO.

I am wondering however where stab wounds come from as I read the paperwork and was unable to find that that part. Maybe I missed it somewhere. Also I don’t see how the live in gf would NOT know as from the evidence, KC was left in the basement overnight. I’m curious to know if live in gf worked the morning of the 26th. What were her hours? Would CD have time to clean up and hide the body well enough that neither roommate would suspect or see anything? I think quite possibly there could be more charges unless the others serve as witnesses. Just MOO and thinking out loud.
I think it was the detectives on the scene who said it appeared as if there were stab wounds on the body. It was mentioned in some of the earliest reports. I don't know if the ME was able to confirm that. It was indicated that there were multiple skull fractures.

I assume LE observed cuts on the bone since there was very little flesh on the body. We don't know where on the body, but they may have been referring to the skull fractures. We probably won't know for sure until the final autopsy report is completed.

As far as the girlfriend or anybody else knowing, there hasn't been any indication of that so far. He said he was doing Spring cleaning, and maybe he had lots of garbage bags and somehow hid the body among them. Maybe he loaded it into his truck and piled a bunch of other bags on top of it. He apparently left with the truck full of garbage at 6:00 am on the day after the murder. Maybe he left before anybody else got up that morning.

I think it was the detectives on the scene who said it appeared as if there were stab wounds on the body. It was mentioned in some of the earliest reports. I don't know if the ME was able to confirm that. It was indicated that there were multiple skull fractures.

I assume LE observed cuts on the bone since there was very little flesh on the body. We don't know where on the body, but they may have been referring to the skull fractures. We probably won't know for sure until the final autopsy report is completed.

As far as the girlfriend or anybody else knowing, there hasn't been any indication of that so far. He said he was doing Spring cleaning, and maybe he had lots of garbage bags and somehow hid the body among them. Maybe he loaded it into his truck and piled a bunch of other bags on top of it. He apparently left with the truck full of garbage at 6:00 am on the day after the murder. Maybe he left before anybody else got up that morning.
GRAPHIC
My guess is the stab wounds were on the arms or legs since the description of her body indicated she didn’t have a lot of flesh left On her body
JMO

Thank you for the clarification. And yes he could have left early and sounds like he’s a fairly big man. Is it probable he could move and carry her himself? Just such a sad ending for KC and all her loved ones. So many other ways he could have went about this. And really it’s scary to think the people we know and trust could do something like that. I definitely think him parking the truck and riding his bike back was indication of premeditation. He was expecting that he would be driving another vehicle back.

GRAPHIC
My guess is the stab wounds were on the arms or legs since the description of her body indicated she didn’t have a lot of flesh left On her body
JMO
That could be. She also could have had defensive wounds but we may never know how hard she fought or if she even had a chance to, unless the murderer admits what he did.

WS?

And that just makes everything more darker right there. It was a thought that crossed my mind but seeing someone confirm that its most likely the case...damn. With the skull fractures, which came first? It sounds more brutal thinking that about it.

“Darker” is the right word. There are people overinvolved in everything dark; way outside the Halloween. I think CD had no legal history because his life merely didn’t go that way. But given the chance, something so scary popped out...it is extreme detachment from own feelings and morbid curiosity.
MOO. Scary. There are behaviors related to violence that at least can be understood (accidental killing and leaving the place, self-preservation). This is something else.
MOO

I can’t stop thinking about something that happened 2-3 weeks ago (can’t remember the exact day). While driving down Chambers Creek (as we do almost every day), from UP down to Steilacoom, my daughter and I smelled a terrible smell from along the upper ravine area all the way down to the reservoir bridge. Because we’ve had so many bodies turn up in the water over the past year (3 or 4), I commented that I hope it’s not a body. I literally said that :(. We agreed that probably a large animal, maybe a deer, had died nearby because the odor dissipated by the time we got south of the reservoir, but for both of us it was the worst smell we’d ever encountered and had to turn the car vents off. It was definitely a decomposing something - very different from the usual “smells of the sea” you sometimes get living near the water. I’m sure other locals noticed the odor that day too, it was distinct.

I feel horrible to think what it may have been, and hope it was not that. I had completely forgotten about it, but DD mentioned it last night when we were talking about the case and reminded me.

I wonder if it still should be reported? What if there was another body nearby? People disappear all the time.

Thank you for the clarification. And yes he could have left early and sounds like he’s a fairly big man. Is it probable he could move and carry her himself? Just such a sad ending for KC and all her loved ones. So many other ways he could have went about this. And really it’s scary to think the people we know and trust could do something like that. I definitely think him parking the truck and riding his bike back was indication of premeditation. He was expecting that he would be driving another vehicle back.

Graphic: I think when he said he used his boss’s dumpster, he might have gotten rid of more than just Lysol. Trying to make the body lighter. I don’t think he asked anyone to help. I think that before the murder and the next day he looked and behaved normally, and all horror happened in that basement.

Does anyone else wonder if he kept her in the garage in his truck for the 16 or so hours before the 6am drive to the ravine? otherwise him carrying her from the basement to the truck would have been caught on the ADT cams?

I still think he should be charged with the aggravating circumstance of "lying in wait" as he prepped for the murder and (in my perspective) lured her to his home to commit the murder.
all moo!

Well, the body was unburied, wrapped in plastic and the temperatures were mild so decomposition would have happened at a faster rate. Usually by the fourth week a body starts to liquify. There must have been some flesh, since apparently they recognized her tattoo.

To be clear, the Medical Examiner reported the body was in an advanced state of decomposition, and was mostly skeletonized.

From the charging documents, the ME provided there was no soft tissue left in the neck, chest, abdominal, or pelvic cavities; therefore, the Medical Examiner was not able to confirm that the victim had been pregnant at the time of her death.

There's no evidence whatsoever that the suspect acted to remove the fetus.

I just wish this turned out different.

There are way too many of these crimes.

Why is this tolerated?

What can we do collectively to prevent this?

I have thought about this. If someone will kill to avoid being a parent they may already have the tendency to kill.
The ideal situation will be don't kill, use protection etc. But it won't stop.

If the issue is child support, if a man does not want the child he sign over his rights etc. and not be ordered to pay. The state helps the mom financially.

Then there are husbands, I dunno.

Maybe there should be ads talking about therapy, violence is not the answer, you will get caught.

I really think it's about control more than anything and there will always be men like him.

Also I don’t see how the live in gf would NOT know as from the evidence, KC was left in the basement overnight. I’m curious to know if live in gf worked the morning of the 26th. What were her hours? Would CD have time to clean up and hide the body well enough that neither roommate would suspect or see anything? I think quite possibly there could be more charges unless the others serve as witnesses. Just MOO and thinking out loud.

Aren't there rooms in your house you just dont go into every day? I have a guest room and a room for my nieces who haven't really used it much since covid. I can see those doors shortly after entering the house but I rarely if ever go in those. Im also a gamer. My computer and consoles are in my room. No need to go elsewhere. Perhaps the GF has a similar setup of only going to her room, kitchen, and bathroom?

That could be. She also could have had defensive wounds but we may never know how hard she fought or if she even had a chance to, unless the murderer admits what he did.

Thats something dark I dont like thinking about but it comes up when I see these comments.
The ME said there was a skull fracture. We have confirmed there are stab wounds.
Were those skull fractures caused by CD before or after he stabbed her? Did they occur from falling or tripping over something while trying to get away?

Before stabbing - Initial impact, could have been quick and disoriented KC or knock her out so she doesn't experience the pain and horror. That would make me think the stab wounds were to cut up her body to either make it easier to transport or to get something out.
After stabbing - The only two reasons I can think of for that are rage and to make sure its hard to recognize her.

Its a bad thought either way.

I have thought about this. If someone will kill to avoid being a parent they may already have the tendency to kill.
The ideal situation will be don't kill, use protection etc. But it won't stop.

If the issue is child support, if a man does not want the child he sign over his rights etc. and not be ordered to pay. The state helps the mom financially.

Then there are husbands, I dunno.

Maybe there should be ads talking about therapy, violence is not the answer, you will get caught.

I really think it's about control more than anything and there will always be men like him.
My husband was court ordered to attend classes for batterers that would help him learn techniques to calm down and stop attacking women and children. (Us.)I was momentarily relieved and optimistic until the social worker or policewoman? (Can’t remember) cracked a joke that at least those classes were effective in preventing violence just while the guys were actually in the classroom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back