Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone attempt to return the bike for a refund? Considering you’d have to sell a kidney to buy a bike here in SoCal during COVID...

On a different note, electric bikes increase the range that someone can go. Perhaps there was originally a plan to force a larger search radius.

Strange indeed. She’s off Twitter (for now) and the PE guys have stopped bringing it up.

If she did receive threats from someone, I would expect her to act exactly as she has and I would not expect her colleague to reveal such information. This has been her story for a long time. She was actively working on new pieces, including a piece regarding the RTD DENVER contract that BM was supposedly working on Sunday.

I also respect the moderators wishes to keep the subject relevant to SM, but if LS was the reporter shining bright lights on many areas of the case and if she did in fact receive threats (rumor, still) that would also be relevant to the case against BM in my mind

It would be relevant to the case discussion IF it were proven to be factual. As it stands currently, all we have are rampant rumors and some pretty wild speculation.

Folks are certainly welcome to discuss what crimeonline has said in their article, but let's remember to stay on topic and keep our focus on SM.

Thanks everyone :)

never really thought about it but using my garage as an example i have 3 bikes hanging on the wall and 1 rack on the wall empty .... someone not familiar with my bike situation would not know if i have one missing or not

Good point! However, any way you look at it, it's the neighbor's observation and decision. I'm just guessing she called 911 and said her neighbor isn't answering the phone, she rides a bike a lot and it looks like a bike is gone, the 911 operator would ask "Where does she usually ride?" and if she said "Oh, usually I see her around the subdivision." Then chances are great that the call is going to be logged as "woman missing on a bike ride near her home". IMO

never really thought about it but using my garage as an example i have 3 bikes hanging on the wall and 1 rack on the wall empty .... someone not familiar with my bike situation would not know if i have one missing or not
Apparently, the neighbor asked to check on SM 'knew' that SM was on a bike ride since she found a bike missing?... what we don't know is if she knew where to look and exactly what to find or if BM asked her what she saw then *he* defined the status of the situation to her ("her bike should be in such-and-such location, was it there?") and then she relayed that on the 911 call.

Re: Gunnison, IIRC AM went to White Pines to a gold mine in the morning and then went to the work site house in the afternoon. MK of PE last night.
Can't edit. So corrrection.

Re-listened to PE 5/26 and AM went to White Pines around noon, apparently at River otherwise.
There is also an undisclosed location where AM went.

Last edited:
Apparently, the neighbor asked to check on SM 'knew' that SM was on a bike ride since she found a bike missing... what we don't know is if she knew where to look and exactly what to find or of BM asked her what she saw then *he* defined the status of the situation to her ("her bike should be in such-and-such location, was it there?") and then she relayed that on the 911 call.

Or maybe the neighbor was asked-is the pink bike there?

Exactly, but if done on Fri night MG would have noticed those tracks on Sat morning, I assume. And if she noticed them she could have, and perhaps would have, told LE about those tracks during her >1 interviews with them.
Right-- therefore comes the henchmen with the withholding of paycheck per "Hush Money"

JMO
I have begun to search on this, my memory is that that 2 types of dogs searched the construction site, and there was a cadaver dog involved. They found nothing and the focus then on the slab, so gonna be a dog fight, unless they find more at this point. JMO I’m gonna be really disappointed if LE
missed this...
I recall reading or hearing there were two dogs that hit on the slab or the dirt underneath the slab. I also recall seeing a picture of a dog being walked on the property. The dog had longish hair, was tan and large. It looked like it was close to the beach area but I can't say for sure.
I don't have a link but I could swear it came from one of the reporters who was there for three days and that's where I believe I heard it.

Actually we only have info of him doing shoddy work. Curious to me that he was almost fanatical about how this should look... flat..flat...flat. In my mind he wanted it to look like he did nothing there, that nothing was disturbed or out of place. jmo
Well you know BM is nothing if not consistent. He doesnt mind leaving a weird crumbling wall that was improperly built for over a year, but the weekend SM goes missing its nothing but perfection workwise. Definitely not suspicious at all

It would be relevant to the case discussion IF it were proven to be factual. As it stands currently, all we have are rampant rumors and some pretty wild speculation.

Folks are certainly welcome to discuss what crimeonline has said in their article, but let's remember to stay on topic and keep our focus on SM.

Thanks everyone :)
Question. Is crimeonline always an acceptable MSM source? Or does it vary by article/case?

Thanks

There is some stuff i can't really share due to TS and other considerations... i will set up private convo when i get back home. Message me if you would like to be included.

Is this information you have personally seen or heard from people you have met or is it something you think P.E might cover later
You will get a huge amount of messages.Is it possible you could contact Tricia and ask her permission to post on here?

Actually we only have info of him doing shoddy work. Curious to me that he was almost fanatical about how this should look... flat..flat...flat. In my mind he wanted it to look like he did nothing there, that nothing was disturbed or out of place. jmo
Most of us would not describe Barry as an intellectual juggernaut, but even so, I have a hard time believing that he would dispose of Suzanne’s remains at his own job site. I could be wrong on this, but there are so many other locations where he could bury her that would not directly link back to himself.

Last edited:
Most of us would not describe Barry as an intellectual juggernaut, but even so, I have a hard time believing that he would dispose of Suzanne’s remains at his own job site. I could be wrong on this, but there are so many other locations where he could bury her that would not directly link back to himself.
I tend to lean toward the idea that the dogs smelled tiny remnants from the Bobcat having been used elsewhere. But really, I do hope he was crazy enough to bury her there.

It sure has been creepily quiet. I wish this was over with.

YES, I just checked twitter and facebook and all the social media. After all the excitement yesterday I thought we'd get something but crickets....its unnerving
Yes, this ! Sooo quiet. Nothing on Twitter. No new info. Likely what has been found must stay confidential to LE to build a case? Really hope AM and family get closure today.

Does anybody know whats after the boundry of that property along the 'beach' property?
Its just been bugging me since i heard Andy explain that he accidently went onto somebody elses property and it was an honest mistake, could the other hit with the dogs be to the left or the right of the property that was searched previously down by the beach?
Im just thinking somebody whos already committed the crime of murder isnt going to stick to the property lines of where hes working to hide the body necessarily.
It could also explain why nothing was found in the first search as they would of only had a warrant to search the one property,
Just my own speculation as to why they might first get a passive hit (due to transference from tools ect that may have been used) to then getting direct hits somewhere else,
Could Andy of accidentally gone further along where the police hadnt been after the passive hit to a place of interest and ended up getting a direct hit?
Editing to add andy mentioned this on last nights Profiling Evil
Do you mean on either side of the property? I think Andy could have walked over the boundary onto someone else's property. Not sure if that's where the other dogs hit, but wouldn't surprise me at all if they did and that's where BM buried Suzanne's remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288