Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
just wanted to expand on your post STG
Andy did not speak to Barry personally.
A mutual friend spoke to Barry and he said Barry was nice (amicable)and told him that he loved Andrew.
Think Andy the friend and a dog and his handler where allowed onto the property. But didn't pick up anything but we all expected this, which is why Barry allowed them there.

I would like to see them put dogs on that BOBCAT AND SCOOP!!

moo

Thanks for that @k-mac. Yes, my post was not clear on that - mine sounded more like a teaser for Daily Mail :(

OK, I'm still reading from this morning but want to get these posted before I forget or the thread rolls over.

Did Barry buy Suzanne a pink bike as a Mother’s Day gift? Was she unimpressed? Did they have an argument that ended in murder and a bike being pitched into a ravine? Or was the pink bike the one that was recovered-the bike that wasn’t Suzanne’s, a bike purchased as part of the bike scenario because Suzanne’s was in Scot’s shop and could not be used?

Thought about the pink bike -- maybe, rather than it being "bought for parts", which several folks have pointed out isn't really done, what if instead it was acquired at unknown past time/for unknown reason but then BM used it "for parts" as in, used it to try to make some repair to the bike that ended up in the ravine? Perhaps the ravine bike wasn't rideable due to one of the various problems some have speculated -- and BM, knowing the bike would be obviously/visibly unrideable, scavenged "parts" from another bike to attempt to make the key one appear rideable, to enhance the bike ride story?

JMO IMO

The home has a septic system, which does not necessarily include a tank. Nearly all mountain structures employ a leach field, which is a fan shaped network of slotted sewer pipes running through the thin layer of soil/gravel. The ground is far too hard to be digging holes for tanks. Does anyone remember the wide, very careful fan shaped dig at PF's house, in order to collect samples of sewage residue in the Berreth disappearance? IMO

Can you elaborate? I've never heard of a house with only a leach field and no tank. In my understanding the leach field disperses the liquid while the tank accumulates the solids. How could the system function without a tank? TIA

And you can see the Bobcat sitting to the side. Looks like a front attachment is still connected.

Have we ever learned whether the Salida site Bobcat is the same one as we see at BM's home?

And if they are two different machines, do we know whether the one from Salida is also BM's?

Hooray! Finally, the mountain lion has been cleared! :p

Well he can at least sleep well tonight!

(The mountain lions have been coming out more lately, as many animals have been, due to less people out during the coronavirus (for example, like the ducks in Italy, coyotes in San Fransisco, rats in New Orleans, etc.). I’ve seen endless videos of them coming out with their babies. I saw one the other day where there were four of them just hanging out on someone’s porch lol. Magnificent creatures. That pic posted here a few days ago of the mountain lion in the water was incredible and should be in National Geographic, imo. I’d freak the heck out if I saw that in the lake.)

I recall reading or hearing there were two dogs that hit on the slab or the dirt underneath the slab. I also recall seeing a picture of a dog being walked on the property. The dog had longish hair, was tan and large. It looked like it was close to the beach area but I can't say for sure.
I don't have a link but I could swear it came from one of the reporters who was there for three days and that's where I believe I heard it.
So, I enlarged a screenshot from the flyover of that dig site. If you look closely at the dirt in the slab it appears to have an outline of a body to me. That could be a shadow or my imagination running wild but I've never posted what I see and wasn't sure if how anyone else thought about it or if anyone else sees it. I know things are not always as they appear and I know sometimes your brain sees images because they want to see it. I'm just mentioning it because of your post, and it's just my opinion.

What did they mean by that?
Sometimes LE can come in and already have an idea of what they think may have happened. any evidence found after that is then used to confirm their theory, its called confirmation bias. Obviously no one tries to be bias, but it can cause people to refuse to look at everything in the case or dismissal evidence that doesnt match their theory. For some reason, that I will never understand, theres like this weird culture in the criminal justice system where no one can ever admit to being wrong. (LE, prosecutors, etc). But its okay to be wrong sometimes, and theres no shame in admitting it. Its better for the case if people are open to being wrong instead of getting offended by push back

Who said that ? Did BM say that AM said this -- to his face ?
Skeptical here !
We need to keep it in perspective.
The Moorman and Morphew family have been connected for years.
Barry reaches out and Andy softens.
He doesn't want it to be his BIL.
He's hoping beyond hope that it isn't him, despite everything that points to him being the evil doer.
MOO.

Also, Andy picked up documents that are a game changer.
A solid timeline has now been established.
Others need to step up and WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
MOO.
I'm more inclined to believe that the 'others' are people covering for BM -- not involved in a murder, if that's what happened to Suzanne.

As far as the documents, had Suzanne filed but BM hadn't been served papers yet ?
And had she confided privately to a lawyer or friend, and BM found out ?
Hmm.

Was thinking about employees/friends/relatives of BM.
Circling the wagons and it's CYA time.
Also curious what BM told his mother the day that TD interviewed BM ?
Imo.

@Love Never Fails IIRC, about a week or two back, there was an announcemt that Tim M and/or TX Equusearch would participate in the search. If there was coverage of their participation, I missed it.

Did anyone see/read news about them? To our members who were there, did you see them? TiA.
I didn’t hear anymore. I have wondered why.

I take it to mean they have had some issues with LE not appreciating what they are doing there. Maybe some toes are feeling stepped on, which is BS, and I hope they will check those egos if that helps get this case moving.
Has LE confirmed that they are processing the scene at the beach? Or that evidence has been found? Maybe they didn't want that information to come out yet. Maybe they are worried about jeopardizing the investigation.

SBM

Can you elaborate? I've never heard of a house with only a leach field and no tank. In my understanding the leach field disperses the liquid while the tank accumulates the solids. How could the system function without a tank? TIA

?
The only systems I know of, legal ones, that is, without a settling tank.....in Central and much of S America one has to put the toilet paper in a separate basket which gets emptied into the garbage. Only urine goes into the system. It's hard to get used to at first.

Even in rural Alaska once you graduate from an outhouse you have to have a tank between the house and the field of perforated pipes.

Last edited:
So, I enlarged a screenshot from the flyover of that dig site. If you look closely at the dirt in the slab it appears to have an outline of a body to me. That could be a shadow or my imagination running wild but I've never posted what I see and wasn't sure if how anyone else thought about it or if anyone else sees it. I know things are not always as they appear and I know sometimes your brain sees images because they want to see it. I'm just mentioning it because of your post, and it's just my opinion.
That reminds me of the outline in the trunk of Casey Anthony’s car that resembled a small child in the fetal position ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77