Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote @sillybilly

"A thread specific decision has been made by Tricia to allow members to discuss Barry Morphew and to speculate about him based on how he is being publicly treated by LE, information from MSM and other WS approved sources (except rumors). Do NOT sleuth him or his business and do NOT trash him."

Since this property info has been posted now in MSM, you are free to discuss what's been said in MSM.

If this changes, a mod will let you all know.
thank you - just wanted to make sure all our discussion of this property was ok.

Well, from my non-lawyer perspective...
even if they screwed up in this search, in the grand scheme of things it has still gotten them closer to where they needed to be in this case. Probably made it pretty tricky for lawyers etc but..
who knows how long it would have taken Barry to start paving the driveway or building a home (for his mother??? disgusting) on her burial site.
moo

Pump the brakes a bit, y’all. I did this one crazy night and rumors were running rampant. Although I will say that most of the names mentioned at that time turned out to be correct. Except nobody got arrested. I want to hear something local, boots on the ground.

If they did find Suzanne’s body, would it matter legally how it was found? I’m hoping you mean people might be fined for trespassing, but the FINDINGS would still be in play legally for prosecution of Suzanne’s murder. But I don’t know? Yikes!
YES, it makes who found it and how and whether or not there was a violation of BMs 4th Amendment rights. Courts weigh a number of factors in assessing whether the poison of a Constitutional violation has been purge:

o 1. The time period between the illegality and the acquisition of the secondary evidence: The longer the period, the more likely that attenuation will be found.

o 2. The occurrence of intervening events: The more links in the chain between the illegality and the secondary evidence, the more attenuated the connection.

o 3. The flagrancy of the initial illegality: The more deliberate and flagrant the constitutional violation, the more reason there is to suppress all evidence that can be traced back to the illegality.

Conversely where the violation is unintentional and minor, the necessity for deterrence of future misconduct is less compelling. There are exceptions for errors made in good faith (didnt know it was an error) and theres a chance illegally obtained evidence could be brought back under:

· Independent Source Doctrine: Permits introduction of evidence initially discovered during, or as consequence of, unlawful search, but later obtained independently from lawful activities untainted by initial illegality

o When the challenged evidence has an independent source, exclusion of such evidence would put the police in a worse position than they would have been in absent any error or violation.

· Inevitable Discovery Exception: If the police can demonstrate that they inevitably would have discovered the evidence, without a violation of the Fourth Amendment, the exclusionary rule does not apply, and the evidence is admissible

Offending law enforcement officers should not be placed in a better position as a result of an illegality (and must therefore be deprived of the fruits of their violation); but they should not be deprived of evidence that they actually secured through an independent source, or would have inevitably secured, notwithstanding the illegality.

Ive never dealt exclusionary rule issues in practice so i cant speak so how it would play out in court but given PEs experience in LE, they know all the rules and I dont think they would do anything to hurt the admissibility of evidence in this case

+11
A second search of the site took place on Monday using different cadaver dogs and the dogs' handler told DailyMail.com they got another hit. The handler explained the dogs only are trained to pick up human scents

33725684-8781305-image-a-32_1601308339304.jpg

+11
Now the FBI will take over the search and dig up the remains that were found by the dogs
FBI called as scent of human remains discovered on land owned by Suzanne Morphew's husband | Daily Mail Online

I'm wondering if these rocks have significance? as in she's under those?
JMO
I’m still thinking the DM article has many of the facts we already were aware of that Andy reported about the search mingled with embellishment like “dig up the remains that were found by the dogs.” Where is the “wooded site” that is now defined as BM’s property? His new lot looked pretty treeless from pics? I know these pictures in the article may not be of the search on this specific lot he purchased. But. I’m still holding my breath that this is actually all true.

If her body is indeed found there, I hope someone can explain why it took her own brother (from out of state) initiating this search this week to lead to this. How did law enforcement miss this?

I think that is where the comments about “checking egos at the door” mentioned over the weekend by PE? AM? comes in. Hell hath no fury like a grieving brother. There are a number of reasons why LE may have missed something that this search turns up. Most probably related to time and resources. AM had the drive, ability to find the resources, and was able to focus ONLY on his sister. If only every missing person was so “fortunate” :/

Right? Did he move her from the property he was working on where they cut the foundation to this property? Likely not, but why are dogs hitting in all the spots BM either works or owns property?
Chris from P.E. 2 (or 3) nights ago opined that if a piece of machinery, like a bobcat, had been in contact with a deceased human, it's possible that the scent of human remains could be transferred from that machinery to a boulder or some sand being touched by that machinery at another site, afterwards. It's why Chris cautioned the viewers not to get too excited about the river front area with the dog hitting. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie