Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answering @Fireflize question about the importance of the Invoice.

To prove BM was the one that purchased the tree/s. Since the trees appear to have been planted on the lot before BM was the legal owner, BM could just claim the previous owner had planted those trees.

All JMO, MOO

Last edited:
Probably not if it’s your own property. Even if that was required, I don’t think Barry would care about something like that.

His freedom is on the line.
Question:
I have been out all day and in reading the posts backwards (I know :rolleyes:), it seems BM bought land and closed after SM died. Is LE searching that land today and is this where the dogs hit yesterday? I am confused.

Well, that's key here. We cannot sleuth Barry's ownership of property, so this is something of a wall. Without being able to determine (a) if Barry owns property in Poncha Springs & (b) when said property was purchased, there's little legal assessment that can be made of this issue.

BBM

Yup I get put on a 3 day time out for doing exactly this a few days ago!

I think maybe the tree invoices are relevant for the delivery address, and LE started wondering why you would buy trees to plant before you have done any other work on the site. Also the date of tree purchase would be key - maybe bought for a site before he even owned it.
Like maybe Saturday, May 9th. He was in town shopping, or so MG said right?

Yes! The crunchy version of Jif please to go with burned toast. :)

I agree that this would have not been possible without PE. They have been working tirelessly and relentlessly... I personally have no problem with the teaser aporoach. In the you tube business, subscriptions are currency and they have to make ends meet. Their hearts are in the right place and that matters greatly to me.

Also, huge sigh/call of relief in Colorado high country by all mountain lions... Its official! There will not be a witch hunt targeting mountain lions...;)
Agreed!!!!!!!

"I agree that this would have not been possible without PE. They have been working tirelessly and relentlessly... I personally have no problem with the teaser aporoach. In the you tube business, subscriptions are currency and they have to make ends meet. Their hearts are in the right place and that matters greatly to me."

Question:
I have been out all day and in reading the posts backwards (I know :rolleyes:), it seems BM bought land and closed after SM died. Is LE searching that land today and is this where the dogs hit yesterday? I am confused.
That’s what it looks like.

So we learned from Andy and PE that two dogs had hit on an “undisclosed location.”

Last night we learned that 5 FBI vehicles were at this location.

Today we learned where this location is, and that this is apparently the lot that Barry purchased.

BBM

Yup I get put on a 3 day time out for doing exactly this a few days ago!
Sounds like Tricia just now changed this rule (for now)

To quote @sillybilly

"A thread specific decision has been made by Tricia to allow members to discuss Barry Morphew and to speculate about him based on how he is being publicly treated by LE, information from MSM and other WS approved sources (except rumors). Do NOT sleuth him or his business and do NOT trash him."

Since this property info has been posted now in MSM, you are free to discuss what's been said in MSM.

If this changes, a mod will let you all know.

I can’t help but think about AM’s comment about him accidentally wandering from a property he had permission to search onto a neighboring property. Maybe this is the property he searched by “accident”?

Did AM get in trouble with the land owner of that property he accidentally went on to or was it the police who admonished him?

We own land and if someone wanted to search our property for a missing person I wouldn’t think twice in saying yes. I just can’t imagine someone throwing a fit over that. What if it was their family member that was missing?

I think that is where the comments about “checking egos at the door” mentioned over the weekend by PE? AM? comes in. Hell hath no fury like a grieving brother. There are a number of reasons why LE may have missed something that this search turns up. Most probably related to time and resources. AM had the drive, ability to find the resources, and was able to focus ONLY on his sister. If only every missing person was so “fortunate” :/
I think many small town LE's just don't have the manpower, money and training to investigate complicated murders.
Kelsey Berreth's mother and brother found the
blood spatter that eventually re-opened her death investigation and this was after LE had cleared her condo. Didn't find anything of evidence.
So this does happen.

Does anyone know how often DV victims murdered by their SO are buried or disposed of in a place the abuser controls? Since control is such an important thing to the abuser I could see that being done.
Often enough that Oxygen has a series that is devoted to that. It’s called “Buried in the Backyard.”

Many of the cases involve spouses committing murder and burying them on their property.

This one would be a bit different, but it’s close enough if true.

Can somebody please honestly explain to me, why, IF she is found here LE/Sheriff had not searched this area already? If they already knew about this property, and that it was directly connected to Barry (I assume they knew this.) thank you.

Maybe because the lot wasn’t purchased yet when SM first disappeared? Or maybe they did search it but she was recently moved there? Or maybe LE mistakenly thought BM would not be dumb enough to do that? Was he not under surveillance at the end of June? It wouldn’t cause any suspicion to go to a lot you own but could he have moved her body without being tracked or seen? It’s like she was hidden “in plain sight” if she is there. And a YT drove right by the lot several times making a video of the lot and subdivision having no idea they were that close to Suzanne’s possible gravesite. Chills...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle