GUILTY Sweden - Mikael Petersson, 57, suspected kidnapping, Karlskrona, 25 July 2020 *arrests*

Reaction score
A 57-year-old man is missing, suspected kidnapped, since Saturday July 25th. Both the police and the Coast Guard have been searching for a week now, both on land and at sea, with boats, helicopters, and planes, as Karlskrona is situated on several islands, and surrounded by an archipelago. The missing man was seen last with two 22-year-old men, going to a small boat. The two young men are connected to the missing man, and were taken by the police for questioning on Tuesday, and arrested on Friday.
Polisen: ”Hjälp oss lösa försvinnandet”
Unga män häktade för människorov – förnekar brott

Used Google Translate. Trying to get some important points noted.

...criminal investigation into suspected kidnapping - that the man had been abducted against his will.

...two men in their 20s were arrested ... One of the men has a connection to the 57-year-old.

... same day he disappeared...seen going away in an old leisure boat with the men.

The departure must have taken place from a quay not far from the 57-year-old's home in central Karlskrona.

... the boat must have been bought by the suspected perpetrators shortly before the disappearance.

The motive for the 57-year-old's sudden disappearance is unknown to outsiders.

People in the missing man's circle of acquaintances testify about the man as a sympathetic and low-key person, liked by everyone and appreciated in the workplace.

Previously convicted
...two suspects, one ... unpunished.
The other has been convicted on three occasions of mass crime. The most recent verdict is five years back in time and concerns serious damage.

According to BLT, the two detainees must also have run a business that during the summer received a payment order of almost SEK 200,000.

But the case was written off with the bailiff the day after the 57-year-old disappeared. ...it was because the debt was then paid.

A 57-year-old man is missing, suspected kidnapped, since Saturday July 25th. Both the police and the Coast Guard have been searching for a week now, both on land and at sea, with boats, helicopters, and planes, as Karlskrona is situated on several islands, and surrounded by an archipelago. The missing man was seen last with two 22-year-old men, going to a small boat. The two young men are connected to the missing man, and were taken by the police for questioning on Tuesday, and arrested on Friday.
Unga män häktade för människorov – förnekar brott
I can't get the second link to show the story. Someone else might have better luck. :)

Used Google Translate. Trying to get some important points noted.

...criminal investigation into suspected kidnapping - that the man had been abducted against his will.

...two men in their 20s were arrested ... One of the men has a connection to the 57-year-old.

... same day he disappeared...seen going away in an old leisure boat with the men.

The departure must have taken place from a quay not far from the 57-year-old's home in central Karlskrona.

... the boat must have been bought by the suspected perpetrators shortly before the disappearance.

The motive for the 57-year-old's sudden disappearance is unknown to outsiders.

People in the missing man's circle of acquaintances testify about the man as a sympathetic and low-key person, liked by everyone and appreciated in the workplace.

Previously convicted
...two suspects, one ... unpunished.
The other has been convicted on three occasions of mass crime. The most recent verdict is five years back in time and concerns serious damage.

According to BLT, the two detainees must also have run a business that during the summer received a payment order of almost SEK 200,000.

But the case was written off with the bailiff the day after the 57-year-old disappeared. ...it was because the debt was then paid.
Thanks for the help with translation. Just a correction with the "three occasions of mass crime" (mängdbrott), which may sound worse than it is, as it's misdemeanor crimes, the mass means here that's not crimes against one specific person, but often against society, for example vandalism, shoplifting etc.

The local press calls the young men "well-known local profiles", which is a bit too much to say, even if there's been articles about their cafe with interviews, to open a cafe in these Corona times haven't been any success. The young men have been a couple for some months.
De misstänkta är välkända Blekingeprofiler

Last edited:
Today the police began a large week-long search for the missing Mikael Petersson, now it's a search for a body. The police have help from the navy (Karlskrona has a naval base), the coast guard, and Missing people Sweden in the search, the largest one for a long time here in Blekinge. There have been items found, but they don't know yet if those have anything to do with the case.
Fynd gjorda i sökningen efter försvunnen Karlskronabo

Special search dogs similar to those who helped with the search for Kin Wall's body in the water are also involved in the search. The two men who were arrested for kidnapping are still in jail, now for suspected murder.
Stort sök dygnet runt efter försvunne Mikael

The police have now published the name and a photo of the missing man. His name is Mikael Petersson, and the police is still searching. His blood have been found in the kitchen, and in the boat the two arrested men are suspected to have used to transport Mikael
Mikael, 57, fortfarande försvunnen
Ty for the updates. Here's his pic:
9fc11795-fdd7-4875-8867-8ce809356bc9

Today the police began a large week-long search for the missing Mikael Petersson, now it's a search for a body. The police have help from the navy (Karlskrona has a naval base), the coast guard, and Missing people Sweden in the search, the largest one for a long time here in Blekinge. There have been items found, but they don't know yet if those have anything to do with the case.

Special search dogs similar to those who helped with the search for Kin Wall's body in the water are also involved in the search. The two men who were arrested for kidnapping are still in jail, now for suspected murder.
Stort sök dygnet runt efter försvunne Mikael

On Monday afternoon, the police announced that they had made findings that will now be investigated further.

- Finds have been made, whether these findings have a bearing on the investigation or not, we can not say now, but no human remains or the like have been found, says Robert Loeffel, spokesman for the police to P4 Blekinge.

The findings were made above water, but he does not want to comment further on where or in what type of area it has been made. He also does not want to comment on whether he thinks the finding is connected to the case

Uppgifter: Misstänks ha sänkt Mikaels kropp med stulna blyvikter
Information: Suspected of lowering Mikael's body with stolen lead weights
The musicians were seen carrying bags to the water in Karlskrona

PUBLISHED:GATE 27 AUG 2020
NEWS
The young men were looking for tips on how not to get caught for murder, according to information to Aftonbladet.

Then one of them took lead weights from a boat club - then they were seen dragging bags to a boat.

Now dead dogs have marked by the water, and the police suspect that the men have sunk 57-year-old Mikael's body in the Blekinge Archipelago.
a0e4a6e8-a4d3-4c3c-a23b-d392ca5f42cc

Sounds like LE is on top of their game, getting this solved. But how incredibly sad.
And exactly what did the perps gain?
Well, the young men wasn't very smart, but they were able to pay their debt to the Enforcement Authority, if the hadn't paid that they would most likely have lost their cafe. Then there is the condominium apartment (my guess is that it was still owned by MP, but the ownership could have been transferred to one of the young men), but if they would be able to sell it, they could get at least $100,000, maybe up to $200,000 for it, depending on the size of the apartment.

A timeline.
Uppgifter: Mikael, 57, tog lån – för att rädda de misstänkta
At the end of June, the 21-year-old and 22-year-old fail to make an initial installment to their former partner.

On July 1, the 21-year-old and the 22-year-old sue their former partner and demand SEK 750,000. On the same day, the Enforcement Officer registers an application for an order for payment from the former partner against the 21-year-old. He demands SEK 17,000 that the 21-year-old borrowed privately from him.

On 15 July , the Enforcement Officer registers a claim from the former partner against the business. He wants everything he has lent back, a total of SEK 190,000 after the 21-year-old and the 22-year-old once again missed an installment.

On July 22 , the former partner sees that he has received a payment of SEK 160,000 from the business. But according to information to him, it is Mikael Petersson who has taken out a track loan of SEK 200,000 and given the business money.

On July 25 , witnesses Mikael Petersson see leaving a marina in a west coast snipe owned by one of the two suspects. The next day, he is reported missing by the 21-year-old.

On July 28, the 21-year-old and the 22-year-old were arrested and detained. Both are notified of suspicion of kidnapping. They will be arrested later. Both deny it, but the district court makes the assessment that they are both suspected of kidnapping for probable cause.

Just a correction to the summary above, it was not the 21-year-old who reported MP missing on July 25, it was a relative (I saw the missing info on a local Facebook group, a young woman asked people to look for her uncle). Here in this article it says "reported missing by a relative. It also mentions that the arrested men says they learned that MP was missing from the relative they met the day after he went missing (on July 26 probably).
Mikael, 57, fortfarande försvunnen

Thanks for keeping Mikael's thread updated/active, @FrostOwl. Here's a new article which gives info on one of the accused's "three occasions of mass crime" you explained earlier. It seems as though the two men accused of killing Mikeal were involved in a business deal with a separate man from whom they were lent money to start a business. That man eventually demanded his money back which led to the young men borrowing money from Mikael, who then was killed and is now missing. :(

https://www.expressen.se/kvallsposten/krim/unga-vannernas-liv-innan-mikael-forsvann-sparlost/
Published 19 Sep 2020 at 19.37
The lives of young friends before Mikael disappeared without a trace

The 21-year-old murder suspect has been repeatedly exposed for lying to authorities, previous verdicts show. During his teens, he was convicted of twice causing damage by setting fires in a room. On one of these occasions, it was he himself who sounded the alarm. The fires caused damage of approximately SEK 200,000.

A month earlier, the man also caused a major uproar in the archipelago when he called SOS Alarm and said that he had seen a man fall into the water from a canoe. He almost immediately admitted to the police that he had falsified. The 21-year-old murder suspect today had an explanation for his behavior. During the interrogations, he claimed that he had been subjected to bullying and assault and that he therefore preferred to be detained.

Sometime last year, the 21-year-old came in contact with the 22-year-old and they quickly developed a close friendship. Music became their great common interest. During the spring, the friends entered into a joint project with full force and planned to realize their dream of singing and performing together. But the project quickly got into financial trouble. Neither the 21-year-old nor the 22-year-old had any equity but relied on a loan from a partner who lent a total of SEK 190,000. When the partner started making demands, it led to a conflict. - I questioned, among other things, how the economy was managed. Then I was ported, the ex-partner has told me. On July 22 this year, the partner got his money back.

According to the previous partner, however, it was in fact Mikael Petersson who took out a bank loan of SEK 200,000 to support the two younger men. Mikael Petersson thus became the two young men's benefactors in their joint project. This particular project was to be discussed by the 21-year-old in the evening when he met Mikael Petersson between 8 pm and 9 pm on 25 July. Since then, no one has seen Mikael Petersson. The 21-year-old claims that they divorced. The prosecutor suspects that he and the 22-year-old killed Mikael Petersson.

Well, the young men wasn't very smart, but they were able to pay their debt to the Enforcement Authority, if the hadn't paid that they would most likely have lost their cafe. Then there is the condominium apartment (my guess is that it was still owned by MP, but the ownership could have been transferred to one of the young men), but if they would be able to sell it, they could get at least $100,000, maybe up to $200,000 for it, depending on the size of the apartment.

Sorry for the questions but I'm trying to make sure I understand what's going on here.:oops:
  • What role does the Enforcement Authority have in this case? Is the EA a court who ordered payment to the first guy who originally loaned the men the money for their business?
  • What is a cafe? Is this the same as an American diner/restaurant?
Mikeal borrowed money which he then used to invest in the accused men's business venture. If I converted correctly it shows that the bank loan amount of SEK 200,000 is equivalent to about $20, 369.13 USD.

• Was Mikael in a personal relationship with either or both men or was this strictly a business deal?
  • Would they have had legal rights to transfer ownership of Mikael's condo apartment?

Sorry for the questions but I'm trying to make sure I understand what's going on here.:oops:
  • What role does the Enforcement Authority have in this case? Is the EA a court who ordered payment to the first guy who originally loaned the men the money for their business?
  • What is a cafe? Is this the same as an American diner/restaurant?
Mikeal borrowed money which he then used to invest in the accused men's business venture. If I converted correctly it shows that the bank loan amount of SEK 200,000 is equivalent to about $20, 369.13 USD.

• Was Mikael in a personal relationship with either or both men or was this strictly a business deal?
  • Would they have had legal rights to transfer ownership of Mikael's condo apartment?
Enforcemeny Authority (Kronofogdemyndigheten) is a governmental agency that deal with debts, both debts you own, or if people owe you money. The debts can be to individuals, companies, banks, the government (taxes), etc. English (engelska) | Kronofogden

A cafe is a coffee shop that sells coffee, tea, soft drinks, and something light to eat, such as cakes, sandwiches, maybe salads and so on. In this case the cafe also had music evenings, and was supposed to focus towards older teens/young adults and those with an "alternative life style").

MP is the father of the 21-year-old.

The photo from above of Karlskrona, and its archipelago, on the city's page of corona information, can give some understanding on how difficult the search for a body here can be in the water.
Information, råd och riktlinjer om coronaviruset - Karlskrona.se

Last edited:
Enforcemeny Authority (Kronofogdemyndigheten) is a governmental agency that deal with debts, both debts you own, or if people owe you money. The debts can be to individuals, companies, banks, the government (taxes), etc. English (engelska) | Kronofogden

A cafe is a coffee shop that sells coffee, tea, soft drinks, and something light to eat, such as cakes, sandwiches, maybe salads and so on. In this case the cafe also had music evenings, and was supposed to focus towards older teens/young adults and those with an "alternative life style").

MP is the father of the 21-year-old.

The photo from above of Karlskrona, and its archipelago, on the city's page of corona information, can give some understanding on how difficult the search for a body here can be in the water.
Information, råd och riktlinjer om coronaviruset - Karlskrona.se
This helps! Thank you very much for explaining. There are a couple of articles I could not open so I felt as though I wasn't getting the whole story about the cafe and Mr. Petersson's connection with the suspects.

The place where they tried to establish their cafe was not a good location, even if it was by a very popular pedestrian street, as there is one cafe across the street, and one of the most popular cafes in the city less than 50 meters up the street, and several other cafes close by within walking distance.

GW: ”Mordet på Mikael kan bli ett nytt Lelle-fall”
Published 25 Sep 2020 at 19.02

Police spokesman Robert Loeffel recently told Kvällsposten that this is the largest murder investigation in the history of Karlskrona police.

Snip

Police professor Leif GW Persson has followed the case and now assesses in an interview with P4 Blekinge that there is a great risk that the body will never be found. And the police professor adds that even if the body is found, the risk is great that it is in such poor condition that it will still be difficult to determine a cause of death.

- The prosecutor has ended up in a very tricky seat, he says to P4 Blekinge. According to GW, in order for the prosecutor to be able to pursue the case against the young men, it is not only necessary to be able to prove that 57-year-old Mikael is dead. There must probably also be traces on the body that indicate that violence was inflicted on Mikael. Then it should also be possible for the young men to be tied to the current event. Leif GW Persson is of the opinion that the murder will never be solved - and that the Blekinge police have a new Lelle Hildebrand case in front of them.

- Of course it is important for the evidence to find Mikael, says prosecutor Anna Johansson. However, she believes that it does not have to be of definite importance not to have found the body to pursue a murder case to trial. - In this case, I can still state that the evidence has been strengthened gradually. The district court has also chosen to detain the suspects as suspects for probable cause, ie the stronger degree of suspicion, says Anna Johansson.

Misstänkt för mordet på Mikael - utreds för nya våldsbrott

Publicerad 8 okt 2020 - Snipped
  • The 21-year-old man suspected of the murder of Mikael Petersson, 57, from Karlskrona is being investigated for new crimes. Together with his 22-year-old friend, who is also in custody on suspicion of the murder, the 21-year-old is said to have searched for a man in his home and abused him. The assault is now being investigated by the police.
  • - I have sent in the pictures of my injuries, says the attacked man to SVT Blekinge .
  • The incident is said to have occurred at the end of May, just a couple of months before Mikael Petersson disappeared.
  • The attacked man has now reported the assault. - At first I chose not to make a report myself, but after what happened to the 57-year-old, they wanted to interrogate me about it. I have also sent in the pictures of my injuries, says the attacked man to SVT Blekinge

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back