Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s always hard to know what’s going on in these high stakes cases.

Take the Gannon Stauch case, for example. LE (including CBI and FBI) was in and out of that house several times before they brought the big CSI guns out to remove evidence. The family remained in the residence for several days. We learned later that there was a clearly visible crime scene in the poor kid’s room, complete with stained mattress. Did LE miss that mess the first go round? Or did they intentionally leave evidence unprocessed to bait Cousin Itt into a frenzy of lies?

I sincerely do not know the answers to these questions.

Another thought is that LE could literally KNOW SM is not in the location’s that Andy going. So they aren’t wasting their time digging.
i mean thats fine and within their discetion but why would they at least tell AM? and regardless even if it wasnt SM 2 trained and experienced dogs hit in the same spot so it could be someone else

Yes and combine that with the #1 reporter IMO off the story Something seems to be up. Why wouldn’t they at least tape the areas off ?

One thought on LS being gone. Earlier I thought she was actually with PE. The lines were blurring.

It could be as simple as Fox21 didn’t feel comfortable with the alignment with PE - as a media YouTube competitor.

Or it could be something worse. I don’t know, but I’m leaning towards the simple answer.

JMO

Do you have an opinion in why they failed to secure the areas of these certified dog hits? Or is PE making that part up?

I do not believe that LE failed to secure the areas of certified dog hits.

You and many others here have followed other CO cases, as have I.

Question: Has anyone here ever seen the CBI behave in such a grossly negligent fashion?

Anyone, anyone?

JMO.

Last edited:
How does a small time contractor live the way he lives? Where did the money come from?
One more comment on this. A guy who makes that much money would have an overnight project to build a wall by himself with a "meth-head" helper? How many multi millionaire contractors are prepping job sites by themselves with only a couple of felons helping them out?

Let's walk this through logically step by step.

Local LE, i.e, the CCSO, signaled very early on that they did not believe that SM had disappeared herself.
LE also publicly dismissed the idea that a mountain lion had attacked her.

If local LE wasn't on the up-and-up, they would have embraced the bike ride story, and concluded that she most likely had either wandered off into the woods injured and then succumbed to her injuries, or been attacked and carried off by that mountain lion seen in the area.

They would have done a few token searches, and then that would have been that.

That wasn't the CCSO's behavior here.

Sheriff Spezze called in BOTH the CBI AND the FBI very early on in the investigation.
He also mustered a vast array of resources from surrounding cities, counties, etc., as well as non-LE organizations, including, more recently, Necrosearch.

They searched the home on multiple occasions.
They dug up a foundation on a separate piece of private property.

If someone wants to explain to me why a LEA that had no interest in finding a missing woman and/or that for some unknown reasons wanted to coverup that crime would involve all these numerous outside agencies to assist, I'm all ears.

All ears.

Just make sure the explanation makes sense.

JMO.

Thank you.

I do not believe they failed to secure the areas of certified dog hits.

Question: Has anyone here ever seen the CBI behave in such a grossly negligent fashion?

Anyone, anyone?

JMO.
I've been thinking the same. I've followed many cases in CO. I have faith in this LE. They're doggone good! They got this!

One more comment on this. A guy who makes that much money would have an overnight project to build a wall by himself with a "meth-head" helper? How many multi millionaire contractors are prepping job sites by themselves with only a couple of felons helping them out?

I think a lot actually. You can pay them less cus they need the work , pay under the table and not have to account for it for taxes , etc.

something interesting chris said tonight: (paraphrasing most of it).

if a dog gets a hit, and LE says they have it, and then leaves it without processing, they give up the chain of custody of that scene, by not eliminating it. hypothetically, anyone can come behind them now, and do whatever they want to do.

so, let's say there were multiple people involved here, (not saying there are), and different people get arrested. you know the first thing i would do as a defense attorney? "my client didn't do it! that guy did!" well, how do you know? "because he came in later. yeah, i planted the tree, but then i wasn't around. i left.

it's creating a defense right off the bat.

Last edited:
I do not believe they failed to secure the areas of certified dog hits.

Anyone, anyone?

JMO.
Yes I have followed the big 3 CO cases - that’s why I’m stumped - if Andy is telling the truth about failing to secure the hits - why is that happening ? Or do you think they have secured them and Andy somehow does not know even though he reportedly is standing guard at the tree site? I genuinely am perplexed at the information coming out today
JMO

I don't know if this would be helpful for anyone's questions, but my dad was a partner at a Big 4 company in auditing. Just if there were any random questions I could ask that might help us. He has multiple degrees, and would be an expert on potential financial moves that DLR. I can ask if he would want to apply to be verified, as well, just so everyone is comfortable with his input.

BBM:

In answer to your first question, no.
It can't be happening.
Therefore, it can safely be concluded that it isn't.

In answer to your second question, LE are still the good guys.
Nothing's changed.

And in answer to your final question, he's cleaning his room.
Those Nintendo games and Skittles wrappers don't just pick themselves up.

JMO.
:D

it depends on the circumstances surrounding what is found in genenera illegally obtained evidence is not admissible but myself and iamwindy went over all the weird legal corks like 20 tabs back

MOO a less than top notch police department isn't likely to be successful anyway.
So that has to be taken into account.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members