Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Denver Area Job - Any proof?

Many of my family members work in construction and tree service. Before my brother started his own company he worked for a bridge building company. One thing I know for sure is, if you are working on any Interstate, State, County, or Municipality road project, there is a huge process from bidding the job, being awarded and accepting the job. Once that is done, there are soil tests, geological tests, surveys and a lot of red tape in the form of filing plans, being awarded permits, and depending on the work, there could be traffic rerouting. Once a job is completed, it must pass a series of inspections and you aren’t paid until your work passes inspections. If Barry’s company built a retaining wall along side a roadway, for the DOT or Denver local transport agency (RTD-Denver) there is a paper trail to be reviewed and if it wasn’t up to code, I highly doubt Barry could just circle back around and fix it at leisure. When you are doing govt work, you don’t call a crew of ragtag workers you have little confidence in just a day before the project is supposed to get underway — and if he cancelled the work due to family emergency their must be paperwork filed explaining the delay.

I’d love to know if anyone can dig up documentation of all of this. I tried but I don’t know enough about the job site, other than Daily Mail saying it was a project through RTD-Denver per Barry’s statements.

Any job/project Barry Morphew does should be on file in that city or county municipality...I used to work for a large municipality here in TX, as p&z clerk and admin to code enforcement and the only way you get to pull permits is if you are a registered contractor...and here, if you are not registered then you of course can't pull permits which means no inspection ..as so on. City hall will have his jobs in that city/county on file, along with permits he pulled for each. And it's all under his name or dba....
Something to keep mind....
Suzanne and Barry are not locals born and bred.
It was noted at the vigil the absence of familiarity with Suzanne so for me that makes it highly unlikely Barry was involved in any kind of 'old boys club' or conspiracy within the forces etc.

Realistically they were/are outsiders.

Whatever is stalling the investigation isn't to do with conspiracy involving or protecting BARRY imo.
It's something else.
Be a damn travesty if its simplistically egotistical incompetence.
Not seeing anything to make me feel warm and fuzzy about LE today.

:oops:moo

So, this is yet another Spousal Murder Theatre episode, driven by what all of those seem to be driven by: Greed and seeing murder as a better solution than a divorce.

Wifey inherits half a mil. Hubby wants money without wifey attached or daughters inheriting directly from her. Hubby sells Indiana home, buys Colorado home with wifey’s money, kills wifey, then plans to sell Colorado home to successfully bypass the daughters and finally get his grubby hands on wifey’s money.

They may not be locals, but Barry obviously knows some people and probably has at least one or two influential friends. I don't know if I really think that has anything to do with what is going on now, in regards to LE's disregard for what has been potentially discovered during this massive search effort though. The hesitation/resistance has been present from the beginning imo because first they didn't respond, the they would join in, then they couldn't join in, then they refused to give up where they searched...the last one, to me is big just for the simple fact that Andy put together something so huge, since they appeared to be at a stand still due to lack of funds....and not saying they didn't help, i wasn't there so I don't know but what I see looks dismissive, and arrogant. I would like to know if any of the hits by the cadaver dogs, were actually completely checked out..I am thinking no way since they would have to get search warrants, then bring in forensic archaeologists etc to dig and sift...For an organization who, for the past few months, has not done much of anything, I would think they would be glad to have so many to help..I also, would think, since these were dogs with proven track records, they would be digging in those few spots. This has been so public, I don't think they can afford not to and still protect any type of integrity as far as crime scenes go. My heart goes out to Andy and his family, trying to deal with not knowing where there loved one is.

I hope Andy has people around him while he's out there guarding the site, having people around you at times like this can really help, being left alone with your own thoughts can be the worst thing depending on what kind of person you are.

Everywhere the dogs have hit there are rocks...are these rocks found everywhere in Colorado or does a construction manager have a certain place where he gets them?

(I’m way behind and have no idea where the dogs hit, etc., but to answer your question, imo there places where rocks are purchased.)

eta: if you google “construction rocks Colorado”, you can see some examples.

They may not be locals, but Barry obviously knows some people and probably has at least one or two influential friends. I don't know if I really think that has anything to do with what is going on now, in regards to LE's disregard for what has been potentially discovered during this massive search effort though. The hesitation/resistance has been present from the beginning imo because first they didn't respond, the they would join in, then they couldn't join in, then they refused to give up where they searched...the last one, to me is big just for the simple fact that Andy put together something so huge, since they appeared to be at a stand still due to lack of funds....and not saying they didn't help, i wasn't there so I don't know but what I see looks dismissive, and arrogant. I would like to know if any of the hits by the cadaver dogs, were actually completely checked out..I am thinking no way since they would have to get search warrants, then bring in forensic archaeologists etc to dig and sift...For an organization who, for the past few months, has not done much of anything, I would think they would be glad to have so many to help..I also, would think, since these were dogs with proven track records, they would be digging in those few spots. This has been so public, I don't think they can afford not to and still protect any type of integrity as far as crime scenes go. My heart goes out to Andy and his family, trying to deal with not knowing where there loved one is.
Possible that BM had connections in Salida before he decided to move there.

Remind me not to login later today. I gotta let go. :(

I've been able to do such with some cases, and depend on an alert in the *Breaking News* thread, which I subscribe to at WS, to let me know when an arrest has happened in case as for most high profile cases such as this, someone will alert in that thread.

MOO

Just speculation but it seems entirely possible that he's not doing contractual work, working instead as a subcontractor, under someone else's permits. If he has connections in the trade, maybe those contacts are floating him work. Then again, driving around with a Bobcat isn't the same as working.

I sure wish we could swim in the LE thinktank and see what they see.

JMO

Wow...watched PE....WOW. Seems to me, No searches, nothing going on for months. Brother steps up starts planning a search. Nothing from LE ...then...they say, they will work with and help him. Then he arrives, they did not help like he thought they would. He had many many people searching. Would seem to me that LE would be very pleased for the help.....if it were true they could do no more due to no money. Drones, dogs, boats, horseback......then two places are hit on by dogs,one a passive the other a real hit. LE says back off, we got this....then they leave both sights unattended. I am simply someones grandma....but even I know you can not do that. Hinky meter in full force this morning. WHAT...is going on WHY...is it going on WHERE is this leading us

I hope Andy has people around him while he's out there guarding the site, having people around you at times like this can really help, being left alone with your own thoughts can be the worst thing depending on what kind of person you are.

Do you think he is guarding the site? I think it’s part of a ploy. What I’m muddled about is whether LE is part of the ploy. I don’t think LE like it, hence a bit of bad-mouthing on PE, but I wonder if they’ve agreed for PE to go ahead with part of it. PE are so heavily invested in Andy, they only want to help and move the case on; I can see them doing a few well-intentioned fibs or embellishments to help achieve that.

Are those aspen, the 2 deciduous trees behind the pine? So over the weekend PE alluded to the receipt or bill of sale for 3 trees, but why would BM plant them on someone else's lot? I kind of doubt that he would murder her, bury her on his lot or someone else's, then plant something conspicuous over the grave. But maybe like MsBetsy, i think, said, that the bobcat had a contaminated shovel which has left scent all over the place.
BBM
And think about the irony in that. BM gets away with murdering SM because he DIDN’T change out the bucket on the Bobcat or clean it well enough. :confused: MOO

Everywhere the dogs have hit there are rocks...are these rocks found everywhere in Colorado or does a construction manager have a certain place where he gets them?

Like a cemetery?

Sorry sorry, this insanity is really getting to me today.

I'm giving myself a time out today and hopefully things will settle down and sort out a little.

But my heart aches for Andy, standing guard at a solitary tree. I hope today his watch can end.

I have to wonder if a tainted bobcat, used in multiple locations, would leave residual scent?

The frustration is palpable.

JMO

I agree that if the bucket scoop on the bobcat was used to transport her body from lets say a vehicle to further into a more remote location where the actual digging and burial took place, then I could see where the bucket scoop may have retained cadaver smell and then each subsequent time he used that bobcat, the small odor traces may have been deposited to various locations where he did other work.

This could explain the multiple hits by dogs in multiple places. Lets hope they find the right place.
JMO

Another thought is that LE could literally KNOW SM is not in the location’s that AM’s team found. So they aren’t wasting their time digging.

Well, if they don’t know where she is and haven’t found her yet, I don’t think they can snub their nose at corroborated cadaver dog hits at sites that might easily tie to their unofficial POI.

LE looked at the Bobcat. Surely they had cadaverine dogs at the house?

BTW, the more I dig into Salida's...scene...the more I am beginning to rethink this entire situation. I am beginning to understand much better why Sheriff Spezze is tight-lipped.

I will try to write about tomorrow - but you can google Chaffee Patriots (which is just a smallish part of the overall story of Stephen Hall and his opposition to Spezze...)

It's MSM articles.
I am just getting caught up this morning, but I just have to wonder what in the heck is going on in Salida??? I feel like I have asked that question way too many times during this case! This is not normal. Whatever drugs, politics, gangs, small town bullying-- whatever—is involved, there is a MISSING, probably murdered, woman. Where is the FBI and the CBI?
I feel like they at least need to be upfront with Andy so he’s not guarding little trees all night. This is just weird.

One thing about cadaver dogs and other search dogs and their handlers. There are fair ones, good ones, great ones, and then there are some that are not so great. So its possible that LE is bringing in their great ones to check on the sites being told to them and maybe their great and proven dog is not "marking" like the initial dogs marked. Or like discussed, there is a chance they picked up residual scents from a used bucket scoop that was used to move her body and dig a grave.

Im cautiously optimistic about a lot of the news and updates coming from the search.

Regardless of how much substance comes out of the search effort, its still a huge success in my eyes for the extra publicity brought to the case and it puts more pressure on LE to solve this case.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member