Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I find it strange that the sheriff is now taking over communications from CBI.

I find it just as strange that they are apparently putting out a statement today.

They already addressed the situation yesterday when they said Suzanne had not been found.

So either they are planning to defend themselves again, or they have something meaningful to say.

Just something to watch for.

Would this be a sign that perhaps the CBI believes SM will be found and they will let the CCSO take credit and write the press release?

Oh good grief, praying for Andy he's been a warrior and Dad Gene too whos already been taken to hospital within the past few days, Andy needs to lay his sister to rest and he needs some rest too which i dont think he will do until he has found Suzanne then he can can come out of warrior mode and grieve.

MOO AM's massive and loyal effort and all the people who helped him will allow Suzanne to Rest in Peace where ever she is, until she is found

Last edited:
The PE storymap page has info on the three sites that had cadaver dogs hits. Scroll along the top to the “Andy’s Search” tab and then begin reading.

Site 1: Salida job site beach
Site 2: wooded lot area that shows the newly planted trees. Near puma Path residence.
Site 3: Longhorn Ranch property being dug up currently.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

I wouldn’t read much into PE’s verbiage about LE dismissing those sites because they are clearly digging site #3.
were you reading my mind? thank you for the flow chart @EggSalad

100% protocol. Pics before, during, after to document the scene entirely. Think of future prosecution and how important good documentation is to prove thoroughness by LE. However, it doesn't mean there are remains there--it means they are documenting the scene thoroughly, either way. IMO

Thanks for clearing that up about the early picture taking as I was wondering about that too. I 100% agree because they dont know what they could find until they try to look underneath and if they dont take the initial pictures now beforehand, then that opportunity would be lost. Makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Just spit balling here - I wonder if the CBI/FBI has data that makes them believe site 3 (longhorn ranch) is where the body will be found. Perhaps site 2 near the residence is where BM buried additional evidence under those trees and that would have a cadaver scent associated with it? And maybe did the same thing at the Salida beach site?

So, I find it strange that the sheriff is now taking over communications from CBI.

I find it just as strange that they are apparently putting out a statement today.

They already addressed the situation yesterday when they said Suzanne had not been found.

So either they are planning to defend themselves again, or they have something meaningful to say.

MOO Apparently sheriff Spezze is out for a week, do we know who in charge of CCSO PIO office?

and it's not the sheriff - apparently he is out on medical leave...
JMO

I guess I am just astounded that all local properties owned by Barry hadn't been thoroughly searched before.
Perhaps they have been, didn’t AM at one point say he was comfortable with that? I thought it was notable, but it wasn’t just BMs property, IIRC. My old experimenter POV, this could be control factor.
forty threads, pages how do y’all find AMs comments, I believe it was in first days of searching... JMPM

In fairness, I think Chris's vitriol was more pointed at the Sheriff's office than the FBI/CBI, but I can't blame him for getting riled up after that statement by the Sheriff's office yesterday.
He was specifically talking about the FBI investigator when he said there is something wrong when an investigator disregards the evidence. It's been consistently reported that the FBI and CBI were called to the scene, and told Andy they were taking over. And that's exactly what they have done.

I think it just took them time to get the warrant and put everything together to prepare for the excavation. The second dog alerted there on Monday, so it only took them a day.

The statement from the Sheriff's office, which apparently was the job of the CBI Communications director, first addressed the rumor that the dogs found human remains reported by the DM. They indicated that they have collected evidence and were not going to discuss the specifics of the case.

I think the PE guys were hoping things would move along faster and were frustrated because they didn't know what was going on.

BBM:

If you're referring to their press release yesterday, that's a complete misread of their statement.

They weren't "defending themselves."

They were updating the status of their investigation.

Circumspectly.

JMO.

Last edited:
I sure do admire his tenacity. It has to be heartbreaking....
I think he is running on the love for his sister & feeling the need to bring closure to his family, but especially his father. No doubt he is exhausted, but that love is his fuel to keep him going. I admire him for that & my heart breaks for him daily. I just want his family & him to have closure soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carrillom