Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the visual of this so much that it is head cannon for me now. Pew pew! MOO

"head cannon" is the best description of this case we have gotten thus far. lmao.

g'nite, guys. i'm gonna sleep this one through the night, and tomorrow when i wake up, there is going to be significant suzanne info at my fingertips. i just know it. so much love. <3

These aren’t coordinates but if you go to the PE story map, you can zoom in on the location for the little tree and get an idea of its location. I’ve attached screenshots.

Source: Suzanne Moorman Morphew

I took your screenshot and found it in maps myself (or close about). But I wanted to see how close this area is to the house.
@Seattle1
The picture shows the house with red and the blue x is where (or somewhere about) your picture showed the tree.

InkedScreenshot_20200929-161703_LI.jpg

ETA: As far as I could tell in Google, there is no house there... it looks like a gravel driveway and I thought gravel pit, but maybe not.
MOO

Last edited:
Absolutely. The issue is that all the news outlets apparently have better things to do than send reporters to cover a potentially major development in a story that has garnered national attention.
I agree and there are people calling them out on twitter, maybe it will shame them into actively reporting on the case

These aren’t coordinates but if you go to the PE story map, you can zoom in on the location for the little tree and get an idea of its location. I’ve attached screenshots.

Source: Suzanne Moorman Morphew

Took some photos around this area... Is that close by? I think it may be.

Attachments

• 20200929_153604.jpg
    20200929_153604.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 136

***Request***
To throw a bone to those of us who are unable to log on to twitter, I wonder if there is someone here, who wouldn't mind posting the text of some tweets for us, rather than just the link?
And maybe some photos, if allowed?
Please?
Pretty Please?
tyia!
I hate new twitter and I typically post the full text with the date & time stamp. Please check for my posts in the media thread. It just takes me a bit longer...

Anyone who has worked construction or an outside job has probably cut themselves, smashed a finger, etc. a time or two and had blood drip down onto the ground. How do the dogs or LE distinguish between what could have been an injury on a job site vs. a significant find that should be processed?

***Request***
To throw a bone to those of us who are unable to log on to twitter, I wonder if there is someone here, who wouldn't mind posting the text of some tweets for us, rather than just the link?
And maybe some photos, if allowed?
Please?
Pretty Please?
tyia!

I have not logged into Twitter but can see the PE page and posts.

I took your screenshot and found it in maps myself (or close about). But I wanted to see how close this area is to the house.
@Seattle1
The picture shows the house with red and the blue x is where (or somewhere about) your picture showed the tree.

View attachment 266053

ETA: As far as I could tell in Google, there is no house there... it looks like a gravel driveway and I thought gravel pit, but maybe not.
MOO

Great visual!

I wonder how close the nearest trail cam BM may have set up is to this little tree location? In other words, is there a trail cam pointing at the little tree?

Would be great to have eyes on the ground at this location, taking pics of the current activity and reporting back to us o_O

I've been reading along, and would like to weigh in on 'digging'.

I've run a backhoe, and front end loaders over the years.

I've seldom done any real 'digging' with the front end loader, you know, the bucket out front. Now, if you're operating a dozer, then yeah, you can dig with those puppies, for sure. But actual digging with a front end loader on a tractor is unlikely, unless it's sand or something.

Backhoe with bucket, yep, that'll do some digging there for sure.

Anyone who has worked construction or an outside job has probably cut themselves, smashed a finger, etc. a time or two and had blood drip down onto the ground. How do the dogs or LE distinguish between what could have been an injury on a job site vs. a significant find that should be processed?

Cadaver dogs are trained to identify the scent of decomposition. Specifically the decomposition of human flesh. They will not alert to blood. However, there are search and rescue dogs that will. It's all down to scent training.

Screenshot_20200929-174837_Chrome.jpg
You might want to re-adjust your sight line. The DM pictures in your post were taken with an extreme telephoto lens, which accounts for their brilliant clarity but also makes the mountains look like they are about to tip over and fall into the viewers lap. Colorado mountains ARE spectacular, but they aren't supernatural! The brick building and the white building in the near background are actually separated by a pretty wide distance. I suspect that if you triangulate a little, the sight line may land a little to the right, over in the rock piles that we scan see on Google Earth.
Also, PE's CM has tweeted that they are digging, but I see no shovels. in the picture. Just an observation.
IMO

Hmmmmmmmm....
https://twitter.com/187Cjm/status/1311013297559408640?s=20

I've been reading along, and would like to weigh in on 'digging'.

I've run a backhoe, and front end loaders over the years.

I've seldom done any real 'digging' with the front end loader, you know, the bucket out front. Now, if you're operating a dozer, then yeah, you can dig with those puppies, for sure. But actual digging with a front end loader on a tractor is unlikely, unless it's sand or something.

Backhoe with bucket, yep, that'll do some digging there for sure.

Thank you! Prior to your explanation I had started recalling episodes of Yukon Gold to remember the names of these machines and what they do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member