Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have said it does seem their latest release from Sheriff is a bit passive aggressive and “we told ya so” in it. Seeming how many angry comments they got from yesterday forward about them doing “nothing” it seems whoever wrote up their statement let some of that seep into their Statement. Repeating “once again” they found nothing of value as if to politely (or rudely) remind everyone of the same thing again.
I think they had a pretty good idea that nothing would be found there before they even started. Hopefully this will put an end to the criticism and accusations that investigators are ignoring or not following through with evidence.

IMO, the recent CCSO press release was carefully worded and explained each dog “alert” event. I didn’t find it all condescending or disrespectful to the private search effort of AM. His efforts were absolutely incredible. I have seen few private search efforts from folks with no experience organize like this & keep the momentum going. Two come to mind with media attention- Sam Sayers & Amanda Eller. These friends and families did incredible job. One still missing, one recovered alive. Different scenario’s. IMO

They released a statement before this search was conducted, so it follows that they would release another one at the conclusion.

They emphatically shut down the criticism about them not following up, and not securing scenes.

The last part really got my attention (130+ searches and 180 interviews).
Finally caught up for today and thought maybe I might need a neck brace for the constant whiplash of the past two days! Geez.

I zeroed in on that last part as well, the 130 searches and sealed warrants. Boy, how I would love to get a hold of those warrants. I wonder exactly how many have been served?

That the big wide diggy thing on the front is not good for digging a hole to hide a body, however the smaller diggy thing with the long arm, mounted on the back is good for digging a hole to hide a body. The big yellow machines with the tracks rather than tires are good for digging holes for anything, people, cars, outhouses, etc.
I usually have to cover all my bases and call it a digger-stone-picker-upper-dirt-pusher-turf-rougher-holemaker-dealybob-thingummyjiggibob, but you've parsed my words and all is clear!

I don't believe Andy's & the volunteer searchers' efforts were in vain
It needed to be done

So many words from this person or that, about the searches and what was found or not found, changing so often, makes my brain do loop de loops

I think the search for Suzanne will continue
I don't care how or by whom, or how long it takes

My views/thoughts at this time

IMO, the recent CCSO press release was carefully worded and explained each dog “alert” event. I didn’t find it all condescending or disrespectful to the private search effort of AM. His efforts were absolutely incredible. I have seen few private search efforts from folks with no experience organize like this & keep the momentum going. Two come to mind with media attention- Sam Sayers & Amanda Eller. These friends and families did incredible job. One still missing, one recovered alive. Different scenario’s. IMO
Yeah, I was very surprised with the level of transparency. It sounds like they took all of those leads seriously, and followed up on them.

The odds were stacked against Andy from the get-go. He could probably do this several dozen more times and still find nothing.

Good question, and how long would it take to test the samples?

If they are just testing for concentrations of cadaverine (signs of a body underground), a local university lab could get it done in 24 hours. There are actual portable cadaverine sensors as well. If it is a core sample, it is usually opened at the lab, though.

If they are testing for DNA in addition, that could take longer - I have no idea what the lead times are in CoVid times (it uses PCR machines that are used for CoVid testing...probably some delay there).

Officially heading to Sweet Cow Creamery ... Relapse!!!! Anyone care to join me?

The overwhelming emotion that I feel right now is anger, agitation... Suzanne is somewhere all alone. She deserves so much better. She was a kind, good, caring person. I can sense that from her pics. He on the other hand is probably celebrating with a BBQ tonight... with his crew and Jif... Yes, agitated and very angry. :(

Last edited:
Very, very sad.

Still, something in me doesn't want to give up . . .

What about the blanket and other items found? And the document found around the Puma Path property?

The investigation is not closed. I've long believed that LE is waiting for the right piece of info to put them over the top for probable cause for an arrest. Authorities may still be looking at what was generated. After KB (i.e., and the vastness of Colorado), I'm not optimistic about ever recovering a body. MOO

Among all the sadnesses, Suzanne's daughters are also robbed of the support and comfort of a funeral. What impossible grief...

The world loves Suzanne. I hope they know that.

JMO

"To clarify, none of these properties are owned by members of the Morphew family."

Another Daily Mail fail. The fact that the DM reported that Barry owned the property when he did not* just further erodes its credibility, IMHO.

* While it's possible that Barry may own one of the properties indirectly through an LLC or other entity, the Daily Mail did not indicate that this is the case.

Couldn't agree with you more.

The Daily Mail and its counterparts are not allowed as "factual" primary sources in my historical methods classes. Analyzing this kind of tabloid journalism for authorial intent is one thing, but using them to establish historical truths is an entirely different ball game.

My students always find it hilarious that historians assess Playboy and Hustler long-form journalism with a higher degree of confidence than outfits like the DM/Sun/NY Post.

Probably in a hot tub with a beer and his fuzzy feet kicked up, not a care in the world. I believe his conscience is nonexistent. Unbelievable.
Officially heading to Sweet Cow Creamery in Boulder... Relapse!!!! Anyone care to join me?

The overwhelming emotion that I feel right now is anger, agitation... Suzanne is somewhere all alone. She deserves so much better. She was a kind, good, caring person. I can sense that from her pics. He on the other hand is probably celebrating with a BBQ tonight... with his crew and Jif... Yes, agitated and very angry. :(

Officially heading to Sweet Cow Creamery in Boulder... Relapse!!!! Anyone care to join me?

Thanks again for your efforts @NoSI. Enjoy. :D

I think they had a pretty good idea that nothing would be found there before they even started. Hopefully this will put an end to the criticism and accusations that investigators are ignoring or not following through with evidence.
BBM

IMO

That sure would be nice, but as we've witnessed time and time again, even just in this case, if a whole week goes by without a statement of some kind, some get their panties in a tight twist and complain CCSO is doing nothing, has given up, and doesn't care about Suzanne Morphew.

Observation: no matter how many times CCSO has said they continue to work the case, haven't given up, and the case isn't cold, and they've said this more than a few times, attention spans seem to last about a minute and a half, and the complaints start anew, on average about every 8 to 12 days. IMO

Me too - I need a break tonight - I’m glad so many have strong feelings about our gal but this is just so very disappointing for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detective99