GUILTY OH - Sheriff Charles Reader, charged with theft in office, Pike Co, 29 Jun 2019

Having been already named in the document it would seem they would use his name if it was his. Just an opinion which has me leading to it's not Readers or Trouts.

However, I feel the same in regard to the rest of your post.

It will be interesting to learn WHAT piece of evidence it was found on.
Yes! What piece of evidence and how did it happen?

And why did Billy's Bond Hearing get cancelled and will it be rescheduled?

I feel for the family not getting justice still after 4 and a half years. No wonder the sister is upset and saying something. No wonder someone "unnerved" Jake in court.
His attorney brushed him off, he can't run to mommy anymore.

Last edited:
4 felonies lol. That’s the REAL Charlie for ya

I know there are some who have sympathy for Charlie.
Anyone caught up in addictions is facing a hard road and so is the family of one who is an addict of any kind.
My sympathy is with his family. Not Charlie.
I am of the thought that Charlie was a bit sketchy all along.
4 felonies. Maybe it could have been more.

I am angry that he was so reckless in his selfish actions and I pray it does not come up to influence the Wagner trials for the murders of the Rhoden Family.
My sympathies are with the Rhoden, Manley and Gilley Families.

I am angry that he was so reckless in his selfish actions and I pray it does not come up to influence the Wagner trials for the murders of the Rhoden Family.

It won't. Former prosecutor and then Ohio AG Mike DeWine ran that entire investigation from the first hour. That's why he put BCI and Prosecutor Canepa in charge immediately.

DeWine has been around long enough to know that you have to be careful with local, small county LE and prosecutors. Intentionally or unintentionally, their lack of experience can mess up a case. None of the local officials were allowed to do anything without BCI looking over their shoulders, especially at the crime scenes, handling the deceased victims, gathering evidence/search warrants and interviewing witnesses.

DeWine has already said that Reader had no influence on the case. It's been repeated here and in the news media ad nauseum.

JMO, the defense attorneys for the Wagners will continue to try to bring it up, as they have very little else to defend their clients. Every time someone tries to link Reader's personal problems to the Rhoden murders, it will be rebutted. Again and again and again. As the old expression goes, there's no "there" there.

ETA: I would also add that anyone who followed the Rhoden Massacre from the first hour on already knows that DeWine and BCI had the investigation locked down and closely supervised.

Go back and view the news video footage and the reporting. All of UHR and surrounding roads were immediately blocked. BCI, FBI, ATF, BCI evidence lab guys - dozens of people were swarming all the crime scenes while local LE was directing traffic. Remember when they stopped all the news helicopter traffic and staged all the EMS vehicles so that no one could observe the removal of the victims? It was run like a military operation. They weren't about to let a bunch of killers go free due to some dumb mistake.

Last edited:
Betty, I agree with you, but, we don't know what we don't know.
I don't wish to criticize Reader any more than what I said previously, but I'll point out a few things.
All defense lawyers ( especially death penalty) will try to weaken the case in some way by pointing to actions of the Sheriff.
Reader did know eventually there were going to be suspects and a trial. Reader should have known his actions would be detrimental to himself and Pike County LE.
And, DeWine, who he stood beside on camera, many, many times.

Betty, I agree with you, but, we don't know what we don't know.
I don't wish to criticize Reader any more than what I said previously, but I'll point out a few things.
All defense lawyers ( especially death penalty) will try to weaken the case in some way by pointing to actions of the Sheriff.
Reader did know eventually there were going to be suspects and a trial. Reader should have known his actions would be detrimental to himself and Pike County LE.
And, DeWine, who he stood beside on camera, many, many times.

Do you have a link for your allegation that Sheriff Reader is considered by LE and prosecutors to be a suspect in the murders? TIA

Betty, where do I make that allegation?
Please point it out.
TIA.

When I said Reader has never been considered a suspect, the first sentence of your reply was "we don't know what we don't know".

Yes, we do know. We do know this: DeWine and the rest of the professionals who investigated these murders for at least 3 years gathered a mountain of evidence and arrested the 4 Wagners. They never named Sheriff Reader as a suspect. He is not a suspect and he had no involvement in those murders. That's a known fact.

The worst thing we can do is help the defense attorneys turn the Wagner family back out into their community by playing their games and amplifying their false messaging.

There are people here who would like to see the Wagner family go free. That's their prerogative. But we're not allowed to hint and make false accusations against people who have not been named as suspects in the Rhoden murders.

As Mike DeWine said at his PC when the Wagners were arrested - there will be no more arrests made for these murders. They got the people they feel are guilty.

Last edited:
When I said Reader has never been considered a suspect, the first sentence of your reply was "we don't know what we don't know".

Yes, we do know. We do know this: DeWine and the rest of the professionals who investigated these murders for at least 3 years gathered a mountain of evidence and arrested the 4 Wagners. They never named Sheriff Reader as a suspect. He is not a suspect and he had no involvement in those murders. That's a known fact.

The worst thing we can do is help the defense attorneys turn the Wagner family back out into their community by playing their games and amplifying their false messaging.

There are people here who would like to see the Wagner family go free. That's their prerogative. But we're not allowed to hint and make false accusations against people who have not been named as suspects in the Rhoden murders

As Mike DeWine said at his PC when the Wagners were arrested - there will be no more arrests made for these murders. They got the people they feel are guilty.

Betty, the first thing I said was I agree with you.
then, I added " but we don't know what we don't know."

That is a simple well known phrase.
Similar to your "there's no there there"

I was not making any accusations.
By that phrase I meant we don't know what or how the defense will bring Reader's guilty plea and the specific charges up at trial to try to benefit their own clients.

It is common sense to realize this subject will come up.
The word suspect is your word.
The word allegation is your word.
I said neither, nor did I imply or hint or amplify false allegations.
The title of this thread is what I was talking about.
Sheriff Charlie Reader charged with theft in office.

Last edited:
Sheriff Reader's situation has been adjudicated. Gov. DeWine has investigated and determined it had no bearing on the murder investigation. There's really nothing more to discuss.

Most of us feel the four needs to be on the Wagner's now.

Sheriff Reader's situation has been adjudicated. Gov. DeWine has investigated and determined it had no bearing on the murder investigation. There's really nothing more to discuss.

Most of us feel the four needs to be on the Wagner's now.

No one, other than a defense attorney, has said Readers 'situation', a guilty plea, has a bearing on the murder investigation.
I don't understand your last sentence.
If you feel there is nothing more to discuss, maybe you should close this thread, especially since it hasn't turned out well for Reader.

JMO

And By the way, Betty, I don't appreciate your disparaging comments about the Great State of Ohio. I'll bet there are other Ohioans who feel the same.
My opinion.

Last edited:
No one, other than a defense attorney, has said Readers 'situation', a guilty plea, has a bearing on the murder investigation.
I don't understand your last sentence.
If you feel there is nothing more to discuss, maybe you should close this thread, especially since it hasn't turned out well for Reader.
JMO

Actually, I agree with you on this.

Sentencing scheduled for suspended Pike County sheriff

Criminal justice experts have said that if Reader were convicted of crimes, that could be a problem for the prosecution, especially if he played a major role in the investigation.

Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost previously told FOX19 NOW Reader’s indictment would “have no impact on the Wagner capital murder case, as Sheriff Reader was not the primary witness for any issue of fact or law. Ohio sheriffs act with integrity and honor, and this rare occurrence does not reflect the excellent work they do daily throughout their counties.”

this will be interesting for sure to see if it does affect the Rhoden case

Criminal justice experts have said that if Reader were convicted of crimes, that could be a problem for the prosecution, especially if he played a major role in the investigation.

Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost previously told FOX19 NOW Reader’s indictment would “have no impact on the Wagner capital murder case, as Sheriff Reader was not the primary witness for any issue of fact or law. Ohio sheriffs act with integrity and honor, and this rare occurrence does not reflect the excellent work they do daily throughout their counties.”

this will be interesting for sure to see if it does affect the Rhoden case

"A pre-sentencing oral hearing will take place Nov. 10, with the sentencing hearing to follow seven weeks later on Jan. 4, according to court documents."

If you saw the Bond hearing for GW4 then it's obvious that they don't need Reader's testimony. The lead investigator Special BCI Agent Ryan Scheiderer did a great job on the stand detailing the case against George and for that matter, things came out against Angela and Jake.

Incredible evidence.

Opinion

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member