Identified! FL - Glades Co., WhtFem 509UFFL, 25-45, in canal, nail biter, Mar'81 - Nicki Elkins

Poor girl. Glad Nicki got her name back!

In this case I think the only accurate thing was the reconstruction (the latest one). Even the tattoo was listed as being on the wrong hand. And the estimated age? Wrong by a decade or more!

Poor girl. Glad Nicki got her name back!

In this case I think the only accurate thing was the reconstruction (the latest one). Even the tattoo was listed as being on the wrong hand. And the estimated age? Wrong by a decade or more!
Yep - with some many of the characteristics being off I was hesitant about turning in the possible match. I thought with the location, date and the N tattoo (even though it was listed as being on the opposite hand) it was too close to pass up. It goes to show his estimates on both the missing person and the Doe can be off. I have seen it too many times.

Remains of missing Florida teen identified 39 years later

The Glades County Sheriff's Office says they have identified a missing teen remains almost 40 years after her disappearance.

The remains were confirmed to be those of 16-year-old Nicki Elkins.

Investigators say Elkins left her family's house in Miami on Valentine's Day of 1981 to visit her boyfriend and disappeared.

In March of 1981, investigators say the remains of an unknown female victim were found in nearby Glades County.
---
Potential comparison between Glades County’s Jane Doe case and Miami-Dade’s Nicki Elkins case, noting similar physical attributes, time periods, and the presence of a small “N” tattoo on each woman’s thumb.

Investigators say DNA samples from Jane Doe and Nicki Elkins’ family members were compared and identified as Nicki.

Glades County Sheriff’s Office says they are now facing the task of solving the decades-old homicide.

Remains of missing Florida teen identified 39 years later

In my honest opinion, Nicki should have been identified decades ago due to the mark on her thumb. Never mind that it was reported as being on the wrong side. The report has numerous mistakes - I had flashbacks to Marilee Bruszer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back