Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they have witnesses to a few aspects of this case.
I think this as well. And, to be clear, I believe they are hostile witnesses.

Hypothetically, let’s say the PE number “5” refers to the number of suspected co-conspirators. (We could make some pretty good guesses about who they might be, I’m sure, but I won’t do that here.) If nothing else, LE will surely take advantage of any opportunity that presents itself to apply leverage to each of them. All the players seem a little sketchy at best. So, unless BM flew solo from inkling to execution, it may just be a matter of time until someone deems it in their own best interest to talk. And then the dominoes fall. It may take patience but I think it will eventually happen.

MOO. KK saw the writing on the wall and became cooperative. I thought it would work in the Lauren Spierer case way back when, too. But apparently I was wrong. So who knows...

Thanks—this is exactly what I meant by my question—what happened here? I guess it could have been a camera set up by LE? That’s a possible explanation.
I know it can be frustrating, but we aren’t privy to a minute by minute timeline on this stuff. What if LE were sitting in a nearby car, unseen by Andy, at the time of the PE call? That’s the thing with LE, they don’t necessarily have to tell us. If this goes to trial, then it’s a different story.

Wonder if BM will be able to remain calm or if he'll lose his composure. His remarks about his former employees being meth heads and strutting around his property with a rifle slung over his shoulder guarding it leads me to think no, he won't be able to. I kind of think anything sets this guy off.

JMO

If you’re a bit player in all of this, let’s say an employee, and you get asked to come into the station. You’ve had some experience with the law in the past. Do you answer their questions if you had nothing to do with anything, or do you call an attorney anyway? I’m assuming a few people have had conversations with LE about a certain mountain lion’s whereabouts and timeframes. If the mountain lion was lying, it certainly boxes him in a bit more. But how much is enough? If the only thing that can be proven is that he lied about timeframes and whereabouts, but there is no physical evidence of a crime, just a missing wife, how do you get him?

I have motion sickness from all the ups and downs in this case. I log on every day hoping to see “ARREST” but still nothing. I’m sorry Andy has to return to Indiana without Suzanne and with little to no new information as to what happened. He can take comfort in the fact that he’s done everything he can to bring her home. His “publicity stunt” got Suzanne’s story out there and people will be looking for her as they go about their outdoor activities. I still have faith that Barry’s days of freedom are numbered.

Wonder if BM will be able to remain calm or if he'll lose his composure. His remarks about his former employees being meth heads and strutting around his property with a rifle slung over his shoulder guarding it leads me to think no, he won't be able to. I kind of think anything sets this guy off.

JMO
He feels compelled to respond to every new revelation. In the phone interviews with Lauren, he was both angry and combative.

I don’t see that changing, provided Lauren is put back on this story.

Just a few days ago, it was something along the lines of, "we know who you are and we know that you know" & now its, "only one person is responsible and there are no witnesses."
*head explodes* I'm imagining that everyone writes ten different ideas or phrases on little pieces of paper. Those papers are then put into a hat & are pulled at random during the show.

Exactly. I consider the CCSO the only completely credible source. So we wait.

JMO
From everything we've seen so far, he doesnt handle stress or push back very well, at least IMO. I half expected him to loose it during the search honestly. I feel like its only a matter of time before the wheels start coming off this cart

Please forgive me if I misread your posts, which are on the past thread and can't be forwarded. You were clear then, as now, that you didn't believe SM committed suicide in any form. But the posts to which I responded seemed to be asking if Colorado had a "death with dignity" law that could have been in BM's mind. The CELOA is that law, and if he thought it would protect him he was mistaken.

No worries, I think it was me who misunderstood. Yes, I did ask about the “death with dignity“ law in Colorado. I will go back and read my posts to see what I had in mind with the question. Just wanted to be sure you knew I wasn’t running with a possible suicide theory. We’re good.

If you’re a bit player in all of this, let’s say an employee, and you get asked to come into the station. You’ve had some experience with the law in the past. Do you answer their questions if you had nothing to do with anything, or do you call an attorney anyway? I’m assuming a few people have had conversations with LE about a certain mountain lion’s whereabouts and timeframes. If the mountain lion was lying, it certainly boxes him in a bit more. But how much is enough? If the only thing that can be proven is that he lied about timeframes and whereabouts, but there is no physical evidence of a crime, just a missing wife, how do you get him?
I like to look at the prosecution of other no body cases to see how they were able to convict and most are older so the electronic data we have available now may not even have been a part of their case - and I will say this - I have told all my family and friends to always have a lawyer present even if you are completely innocent - but that’s probably because I’ve worked at a law firm for over 10 years and that’s what they drilled into me
JMO

I like to look at the prosecution of other no body cases to see how they were able to convict and most are older so the electronic data we have available now may not even have been a part of their case - and I will say this - I have told all my family and friends to always have a lawyer present even if you are completely innocent - but that’s probably because I’ve worked at a law firm for over 10 years and that’s what they drilled into me
JMO
I could not agree with this more. Even if you just want to help and have nothing to hide, ALWAYS take a lawyer. Its your right to have them there and they will make sure your rights are protected. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m reminded tonight, after watching the new Netflix documentary on the murders of Shanann, Bella, CeCe and Nico Watts, that when a man murders his current or ex partner, it is (as per the documentary end credits) nearly always premeditated.

IMO, Barry did plan this, his motive was purely financial and although pretty much all of his behaviour has been sloppy, his disposal of Suzanne wasn’t sloppy. He has her hidden incredibly well.

I hope for her daughters sake that she is found and that Barry is held accountable.

A difficult day or two but like many others here I don’t feel as if all is lost. The one thing that keeps me hopeful is that while culprit may have managed to do a good job of hiding her, if it’s who I suspect it is, he doesn’t seem the sort to be able to hold his nerve or react quickly or efficiently to any developing situations. His judgement and intellect don’t seem anywhere near solid enough for that. I remain hopeful that something will give - eventually.

From everything we've seen so far, he doesnt handle stress or push back very well, at least IMO. I half expected him to loose it during the search honestly. I feel like its only a matter of time before the wheels start coming off this cart
I agree.
Just because Andy left he's still a potential powder keg.
Any pressure brought to bear seems to set him off.
Who knows what will happen in the next week or two?
Will another investigative journalist pick this up?
Unlikely, but we can dream.
IMO, it's not over for him.
He may be taking a sigh of relief , but it ain't over.
MOO.

Thank you so much to all of you for the very warm welcome!

I think PE's public crowd sourced intelligence method in support of Andy was very well done overall given the awareness it brought to Suzanne and considering nothing like this has been done. I preferred the initial route PE took in interpreting CCSO's words regarding items found on Day 1 or 2 of the search in which they alluded to items 'still being at the lab'. This kept the public optimistic without inferring anything nefarious was going on behind scenes which I believe in turn made the public respect PE's professionalism and trust in them. Thus, the Monday night interpretation is what took us all by surprise and personally did make me question if something was going on - despite some of the cringe worthy stones being thrown. Although I believe PE to be very genuine in their intent and I imagine looking back they will take the route in saying less is more and take responsibility for their actions.

Regarding CCSO statements, we know there's only so much that can be revealed as to not compromise such an active investigation. With so many eyes tuned in the last few days as the cadaver hits were revealed, I was worried about the perps next move and believe it wouldn't have been favorable for CCSO to reveal last night had anything of considerable value actually been discovered. My heart would like to believe they would let Andy know behind the scenes, but we are all aware any type of leak - even to immediate family - holds potential case shattering ramifications.

As much as I wanted Suzanne to be found on Andy's watch, there is at least one person who absolutely knows what happened to Suzanne and releasing discoveries last night was not worth the flight or danger risk. Suzanne very well could be 8 feet under as Andy said compared to the 5 feet it sounds like LE excavated, but what's important is Suzanne being found, whether it's due to the leads and cadaver hits Andy brought in or LE's.

I think we are seeing LE going about this strategically. Which brings me to wonder if announcing publicly yesterday the Sheriffs medical leave this week (of all weeks) was not another tactic to let things settle down. It seems too coincidental that local media stopped reporting on this as well as the Sheriffs absence, right at the peak of Andy's search. Perhaps things were too heated and this is all strategy from LE to take the edge off a perp who continues to roam or bobcat the streets. MOO

P.s. I promise I will soon learn how to cut to the chase :confused:

I think someone knows something as well. While I hate the PE references to the "5", we know the 5 is referring to some unknown individual. MK closed one of their last search updates with a comment aimed directly at the "5". If that reference is not directed at Barry himself (and I don't think it is aimed at BM) then there is someone else of interest that they are aware of and appealing for them to step forward with what they know. JMO
Divide and Conquer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member