Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent point. I, too sure wish we knew what AM meant about 3.5 hours and what he’s basing it on.

I’m hesitant to even bring up the texting/messaging with a friend because the timeline (to us) has been so confusing and seems to have changed several times. However, remember this interview with an Indianapolis station ?

He says that he feels like she was gone by Saturday morning .
Brother of missing Indiana native Suzanne Morphew leading volunteer search expedition - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic
I've wondered if he had a "sense" that she was no longer alive or if if he knows details of the conversation with the friend that ended abruptly - or a combination of both.
JMO

My speculation. Valid point, I believe home invasion would have involved at least 2 perps, so 3 more conspirators? Whell we have speculated about BM having help.
Seems a stretch, what possible motive for 5 coconspirators?

Money, follow the money!

BM seems to have been doing pretty well, with SM alive.
Paul Newman supposedly said, “why chase hamburger, when I can have steak at home“, when asked about his faithfulness to Joanne Woodward, or something like that...why? Indeed.
I’m not buying DV, someone with SMs inner strength doesn’t stay in that marriage, nor would girls support abusive BM.

Go back to early threads, home invasion would explain BM going from window to window, and also “girls being protected”.

Try this, for a little bit, instead of why this scenario doesn’t fit, try making it fit, actually some pieces go in too easily.

A lot of pieces may have already been put in place by LE, if BMs timeline has made it impossible for him to have killed and disposed of SM, that’s a lot of pieces already.

JMVHO, speculation and possibilities.

If it had been a home invasion about money, why were there no signs of robbery?

I agree with your thought that if there were DV, “someone with SMs inner strength doesn’t stay in that marriage, nor would girls support abusive BM.”

That is one reason to consider why she may have been killed. She was trying to finally leave.

jmo

not that i know of. Honestly, and this makes me sad, i picture SM being stuck at home by herself alot. The girls are old enough they probably hang out with the friends and I have dont doubt BM always claims to be "working" and just does whatever he wants regardless.
I agree. He had plenty of time to hunt and play fireman. I wonder if that was on weekends or weekdays. I think he left Suzanne alone a lot. She probably tired of it. JMO

I could be very wrong but I didn’t think they did that in the Gannon Stauch case?

I think they did, but nothing has been published concerning the house status, so I didn't mention it. Photos were published of the Hiott-Stauch family placing ribbons on a sign post on the street corner near the house, but the house itself did not appear in them. The home itself was a rental property.
I believe the Watts home did not go up for sale for almost a year after sentencing.
IMO

Ok, so if I try to make the pieces fit for a home invasion I immediately stumble with understanding why they would remove Suzanne from the home? Seems unusual
Plan B...perhaps she WAS in process of getting ready for bike ride, winged it, one better than none, she WAS primary target, would fit with BMs “if she saved one life, (daughter)she would think it worth it”.
Maybe they got nervous in the house, and just grabbed her and dealt with her later.

Trying to piece together posts from @Feistyomi & @Dave F. Is the suggestion that a group, possibly 5, people mounted a home invasion to annihilate the whole Morphew family but - finding only Suzanne there - instead kidnapped Suzanne and disposed of her and then tried to frame Barry?
Imo, yes... oh yes...

conspiracy, didn’t need all 5 to be physically involved...

Last edited:
If it had been a home invasion about money, why were there no signs of robbery?

I agree with your thought that if there were DV, “someone with SMs inner strength doesn’t stay in that marriage, nor would girls support abusive BM.”

That is one reason to consider why she may have been killed. She was trying to finally leave.

jmo
Saving this.^^^
Agreed.
I'd hope no one supports an abusive husband/father, but sometimes the situation is too dangerous to leave.
IF BM killed Suzanne-- he certainly could have threatened the entire household beforehand.
Imo.

I think they did, but nothing has been published concerning the house status, so I didn't mention it. Photos were published of the Hiott-Stauch family placing ribbons on a sign post on the street corner near the house, but the house itself did not appear in them. The home itself was a rental property.
I believe the Watts home did not go up for sale for almost a year after sentencing.
IMO
the Watts home was in foreclosure
Colorado killer Chris Watts' home is being sold at auction - CNN

I think that BM said to TD that he believed it likely that SM and the bike were together until moments before the bike landed in the area below the road.......either by abduction, accident or mountain lion. IMO
I think so too. Which immediately begs the question what with the bike helmet? If it fell down at the moment of supposed abduction it’s should be close to where the bike is. If one takes the time to toss the bike they would toss the helmet the same direction to get away fast. They wouldn’t step into the car and stop/slow down somewhere else to toss it.
I do have one other problem with the bike helmet. It is not something what comes off just like this. I wear one and can’t immagine it coming off. I saw people fall and fly and by landing they still had their helmet on. Fortunately I didn’t test this on myself.

I just hope that we aren’t here three years from now waiting for the one tip that is needed.

As we are into fall, I hope BM has an unHappy Thanksgiving and an unMerry Christmas. Every holiday will never be the same for the girls. I don’t think he really cares.

Sometimes I think BM has regrets..after all there is no one to cook for him, wash his clothes, clean his house and cater to his whims.

Then on the other hand, I don’t think he cares one iota about being alone. Maybe he is quite happy carrying on in life alone. He can do whatever he wants whenever he wants. No one will ever tell him what to do again.

For the time being..but tick, tock..better keep your eyes open and watch every step you make. Someone is watching you.

Thank you very much.

I wonder if gone means dead or gone means gone from the house and disposed of. Pickle pickle pickle

It's been 4 months since SM vanished and that tells us that LE most likely received all the phone/internet information for SM and any person she was communicating with. Investigators have also had time to interview BM and obtained the same information for his digital footprint.

I think there is a 3.5-hour time-frame where BM is unaccounted for by investigators and when they believe BM discarded evidence of the crime including SM's body. I think BM told investigators he was sleeping during these 3.5 hours.
MOO

Tossing a bike and a personal item does NOT constitute a plot to frame anyone. If it was a plot in which BM was one of the intended victims, then there would not be a sub-plot to frame him. It's a whole different crime scenario, that has not been examined in this thread at all, before. IMO

It's been 4 months since SM vanished and that tells us that LE most likely received all the phone/internet information for SM and any person she was communicating with. Investigators have also had time to interview BM and obtained the same information for his digital footprint.

I think there is a 3.5-hour time-frame where BM is unaccounted for by investigators and when they believe BM discarded evidence of the crime including SM's body. I think BM told investigators he was sleeping during these 3.5 hours.
MOO

Didn't the 3-5 hour time window come from AM, not LE? I don't recall LE ever doing or saying anything that would indicate a time window had been established, other that they asked for video from May 8 to May 12. IMO

Tossing a bike and a personal item does NOT constitute a plot to frame anyone. If it was a plot in which BM was one of the intended victims, then there would not be a sub-plot to frame him. It's a whole different crime scenario, that has not been examined in this thread at all, before. IMO
Indeed it doesn’t frame anyone. It is an attempt to distance the crime from the house. The only person who can gain anything by that is the one who lives at the house

I think so too. Which immediately begs the question what with the bike helmet? If it fell down at the moment of supposed abduction it’s should be close to where the bike is. If one takes the time to toss the bike they would toss the helmet the same direction to get away fast. They wouldn’t step into the car and stop/slow down somewhere else to toss it.
I do have one other problem with the bike helmet. It is not something what comes off just like this. I wear one and can’t immagine it coming off. I saw people fall and fly and by landing they still had their helmet on. Fortunately I didn’t test this on myself.
Ita.

About that helmet... let's say that an abductor took her from the home -- she wouldn't be wearing it then.
So why would the random perp take time to get this helmet out of the garage/mud room and throw it by the road ?
And LE have never touted the bike ride theory.

Even if kidnapped whilst on her bike-- would the abductor risk getting their prints on the helmet ?
So, wouldn't a kidnapper/murderer be wearing gloves so as not to leave prints ?

I've never tried getting a bike helmet off with any kinds of gloves on--from cold weather thick fuzzy gloves to the disposable food prep gloves I use in my kitchen.

Plan B...perhaps she WAS in process of getting ready for bike ride, winged it, one better than none, she WAS primary target, would fit with BMs “if she saved one life, (daughter)she would think it worth it”.
Maybe they got nervous in the house, and just grabbed her and dealt with her later.

Barry sure did pick a bad day to leave at 5am for a job that didn’t exist if that was what happened.

Maybe he accidentally hit her with the truck on his way back to the house and didn’t notice, didn’t find her home, noticed damage to truck, went looking but it was too late to save her so he covered it up.

MOO

yes all the unbolded bit was behind my thinking and question. The bit I haven’t figured out is when that 3.5hour window is. Your bolded conclusion of it being during a sleep time seems probable I agree.
I’ll just keep it in mind and wait for more info and not hog the thread any more with my 3.5 hour obsession.

edited typo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member