Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he quit an existing job early on Saturday to spend time with SM but then created a new job for Sunday which was also Mother’s Day at the last minute and left at 5am? That guy manages his time very oddly.
Agreed.

Also, don’t forget, BM, himself stated that he normally doesn’t work on Sunday o_O
So, what made this job so very important?

I don't disagree with you but I still say its weird that LE never admitted so. As of 09/03, at least, they still said they are working at"either finding Suzanne or determining the circumstances behind her disappearance." The unwillingness to be straight with the public is unsettling and I cannot see any way admitting such would compromise the investigation. IMO

LE is being straight with the public. They ARE working to find Suzanne (dead or alive), and they ARE working to determine the circumstances behind her disappearance.

Until they have reason to announce more, this is an appropriate response by LE.

jmo

I have a question for the legal folk, and I suppose computer forensics. Can the home surveillance system be confiscated and examined in case the cameras did catch BM, and he erased it. Can erased footage ever be recovered like other materials ?

Short answer (if anyone disagrees, feel free to ask for a link. This is jmo off the top of my head.)

Yes, home surveillance can be collected if specifically named and authorized per SW.

LE certainly can and will do their best to try to recover data, for which there are many skilled technical entities who can try to do this, ranging from local, state and federal entities to Disney and NASA. Jmo.

If you need more reference, please ask, but that’s the short answer imo.

Last edited:
Agreed.

Also, don’t forget, BM, himself stated that he normally doesn’t work on Sunday o_O
So, what made this job so very important?

Well, according to the Uncover Colorado blog, Broomfield boasts has a grand total of two major attractions, both of which are escape rooms. Perhaps he was considering a team-building retreat?

The irony here is that his two employees ended up with their own escape room challenge of sorts when BM failed to return to the hotel.

I have a question for the legal folk, and I suppose computer forensics. Can the home surveillance system be confiscated and examined in case the cameras did catch BM, and he erased it. Can erased footage ever be recovered like other materials ?
Yes they could get a warrant to get the footage or equipment but im pretty sure they already said they cameras werent on/werent "workin" at the time SM went missing

He has definitely been a fool after the fact.
He hadn't thought that part through. Just assumed LE would accept his lame explanations.
IMO, he's been thinking about this for a while.
Had it down to how he would do it, how easily he could do it, and how and where he would dispose of her.
But, I'm sensing that this would be his last choice if she didn't conform to his wishes.
She has always conformed to his wishes, but the tenor was beginning to change.
And, he knew it.
That beautiful 5'4" , 110 lb woman took a stand.
Sadly, I think it was her last stand.
JMVHO.
Excellent post!!

LE is being straight with the public. They ARE working to find Suzanne (dead or alive), and they ARE working to determine the circumstances behind her disappearance.

Until they have reason to announce more, this is an appropriate response by LE.

jmo
100% agree.
I know we are all anxiously awaiting an arrest or some movement from LE, but wouldn’t we much rather LE get it done right?

Imagine the immense pressure they are under. They know the family and public want this solved already, but to make an arrest before having enough evidence to secure a conviction would be a disaster.

I don’t think we can assume that LE has tunnel vision or is doing a half*** job because it appears to me they are taking their time and doing this the right way. Hopefully, one day soon we will see just how thorough the investigation has been.

Patrick Frazee for one, he didn’t attend the press conference, and never did a thing to find his missing fiancé. He basically sat back, and said “prove it.”

Barbara Thomas’ husband behaved the same way, although that (IMO) won’t ever lead to murder charges.

Evidence in the KB case was immediately damming. Arrest only 30+ days after-the-fact, right?

I followed the BT case, it's just as strange as this. Both BT and SM seem to be hidden so successfully. I believe both cases will go for quite some time without recovery.

Last edited:
Do we know if he drinks beer or smokes weed? Tia.
(Eta: There’s a specific reason I’m asking. If this is not allowed, please delete. Tia.)

Suzanne’s brother said BM was opposed to weed, and wouldn’t permit SM to use medical marijuana during her cancer treatment. We don’t know about his use, alcohol and steroids have been been rumored, but no substantiation.

The downloading data from the home security cameras and detection systems (motion detectors, window sensors, keypad memory, etc) would routinely be done under the initial search warrant. I think it is commonly believed that BM surrendered the house without ever re-entering it after his trip to Denver, and did not have access to it until May 26th. LE has accessed whatever is there a long time ago. IMO

May 26th Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

Last edited:
Evidence in the KB case was immediately damming. Arrest only 30+ days after-the-fact, right?

I followed the BT case, it's just as strange as this. Both BT and SM seem to be hidden so successfully. I believe both cases will go for quite some time without recovery.
They didn’t have the necessary evidence until they flipped the mistress, and she led them to what they needed.

I never anticipated anything like that here, which is why I’ve been prepared to wait a long time.

I don’t think anyone but Barry has all the answers.

I'd say that, amid the many ways they're the same, they differ in one. Occupation.

It'll factor. Watch.

People do what they know.

JMO

Good post.

Where does BM rank among other spousal killers when it comes to intelligence? There has been lots of ‘shots’ taken at BM being a really ‘dumb’ guy who so far, has just been lucky.

His emotional intelligence appears to be lacking, but the guy can’t be a complete brick - he appears to have some things going for him with regards to his real estate transactions and business dealings.

Hopefully we find out some day just how ‘dumb’ he is.

MOO

Good post.

Where does BM rank among other spousal killers when it comes to intelligence. There has been lots of ‘shots’ taken at BM being a really ‘dumb’ guy who so far, has just been lucky.

His emotional intelligence appears to be lacking, but the guy can’t be a complete brick - he appears to have some things going for him with regards to his real estate transactions and business dealings.

Hopefully we find out some day just how ‘dumb’ he is.

MOO

I believe that someday, when someone in the news media actually does some research into BM's background, you will be greatly surprised. IMO

I don’t think we know for certain about BM, but we do know that he wouldn’t allow his wife to try medical marijuana for her cancer. :eek:
BBM:

True, but as we all know, there are a lot of, "Do as I Say, Not as I Do" types in the world.

It ain't a stretch for me to believe that BM is someone who has no problem applying double standards.

One set of standards for him, another for every other person on the planet.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads