Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in July my son got married. We social distanced outdoors and wore masks when closer than 6 feet. Looking back a month later I thought about how no one came down with Covid and we would've been safe without the social distancing and masks. I still wouldn't take the risk but how many after 7 months are thinking the same thing but willing to take the risk now?

Yes, complacency. "I haven't caught the virus so far, so I will relax a little more."

If you google 'covid complacency is our enemy' you will likely see heaps of articles come up. (At least, we do here in Oz.)
It is one of the strongest messages that is repeatedly pushed at us in Australia.

It was complacency in a quarantine breach that started Victoria's 2nd wave. 800 deaths now, from that one act of complacency.

I think mask fatigue is setting in already. A friend of mine (NY state) said just this week that he is getting really tired of wearing a mask. I said that I hoped he would settle into it and keep it up because this thing is not over by a long shot.

BBM - I may be in the minority, but I love wearing a mask! I mean truly enjoy it. I've always had serious social anxiety plus low self-esteem and for some reason wearing a mask makes me feel almost ... I don't know ... confident? Secure? Happy nobody can see all of my scary face, lol?? I've stocked up on several different types of masks and I plan on wearing them throughout the entire winter season if not longer.

BBM - I may be in the minority, but I love wearing a mask! I mean truly enjoy it. I've always had serious social anxiety plus low self-esteem and for some reason wearing a mask makes me feel almost ... I don't know ... confident? Secure? Happy nobody can see all of my scary face, lol?? I've stocked up on several different types of masks and I plan on wearing them throughout the entire winter season if not longer.

So glad you said this. I am sure your face is not scary but I do understand the anxiety. If you wear one far into the future and it makes you feel better in public, I say go for it (then you’ll never get colds or flu and you’ll have lots of T cells left for future use - you’ll probably live to be 120!)

Back in July my son got married. We social distanced outdoors and wore masks when closer than 6 feet. Looking back a month later I thought about how no one came down with Covid and we would've been safe without the social distancing and masks. I still wouldn't take the risk but how many after 7 months are thinking the same thing but willing to take the risk now?

I’m confused, re: “we would’ve been safe without the social distancing and masks”? Please explain, thanks, T. I followed the wedding and was so glad everyone was safe and I loved reading about your creativity to hold both a lovely and safe event. :)

I just look on the bright side with the mask thing. There are really cute and/or pretty ones out there and I enjoy matching them to my outfits. My attitude rubs off on others to a degree.

I always enjoy seeing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi match her mask to her outfit. :) I’ve got to get busy and get more than my two “summer” masks.

You point out a real up side to the issue of wearing a mask. At least it’s more socially acceptable now. Previously I would have been hesitant to wear a mask. If only more people would see masks as an advantage instead of an imposition.

There’s breaking news regarding CoVid and the US. If you don’t see it in your regular newsfeed, the lovely channel of Steve Lookner (Agenda Free News on Youtube) is covering it, live streaming.

It involves members of our government, so not sure if I can post links or give details.

Here’s a link from CNN:

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEEaO5_JoKdSfjrqMnnC1VVIqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowocv1CjCSptoCMPrTpgU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

I saw this a little earlier. I’m not sure why it couldn’t be posted. It will be an interesting development to follow. Here’s hoping Hope Hicks won’t get too ill and that those she has been close to haven’t been infected.

There’s breaking news regarding CoVid and the US. If you don’t see it in your regular newsfeed, the lovely channel of Steve Lookner (Agenda Free News on Youtube) is covering it, live streaming.

It involves members of our government, so not sure if I can post links or give details.

Here’s a link from CNN:

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEEaO5_JoKdSfjrqMnnC1VVIqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowocv1CjCSptoCMPrTpgU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

President says he will begin quarantine process after top aide Hope Hicks tests positive for coronavirus

I’m confused, re: “we would’ve been safe without the social distancing and masks”? Please explain, thanks, T. I followed the wedding and was so glad everyone was safe and I loved reading about your creativity to hold both a lovely and safe event. :)
The social distancing and masks are to protect everyone in case one of us unknowingly had Covid. No one had Covid after a month later so even if we hadn't social distanced or wore masks, we wouldn't have gotten Covid because it wasn't there. But we never know before hand so we shouldn't take the risk.

President Donald Trump confirmed on Thursday night that top aide Hope Hicks has tested positive for coronavirus and said he and first lady Melania Trump will begin their "quarantine process" while waiting for their own test results.

The President's public schedule for Friday, released just after his appearance on Fox News' "Hannity" earlier in the evening, showed he was set to attend a fundraiser at his Washington hotel and travel to Sanford, Florida, for a campaign rally.

"Hope Hicks, who has been working so hard without even taking a small break, has just tested positive for Covid 19. Terrible! The First Lady and I are waiting for our test results. In the meantime, we will begin our quarantine process!" Trump tweeted Thursday night.
Hicks has traveled with the President multiple times recently, including to the debate in Cleveland on Tuesday, and was seen boarding Marine One, along with several other of the President's closest aides -- Jared Kushner, Dan Scavino and Nicholas Luna -- none of whom wore masks, on Wednesday as Trump was heading to a campaign rally in Minnesota.

Trump says he and first lady will begin 'quarantine process' after top aide Hope Hicks tests positive for Covid-19 - CNNPolitics

The social distancing and masks are to protect everyone in case one of us unknowingly had Covid. No one had Covid after a month later so even if we hadn't social distanced or wore masks, we wouldn't have gotten Covid because it wasn't there. But we never know before hand so we shouldn't take the risk.

Someone could have been asymptomatic and wouldn’t have known they were positive unless they were tested. But without all the precautions y0u took, someone could have been infected. So good job!

I am so glad you brought up the “nose” thing, I have been meaning to do so myself. You may have seen my above posts re: the latest mutation in Israel that supposedly has a higher “virus load” in the naso...

All these months it has been bugging the crap out of me seeing all these “exposed noses” on TV...I haven’t looked into or heard about what the deal is exactly with exposed noses wrt to aerosol transmission or respiratory droplets...anyone? @10ofRods @dixiegirl1035

Sorry, don't have an answer to that one.

Last edited:
President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump tested positive for coronavirus, the President announced early Friday morning.

"Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!" Trump tweeted shortly before 1 am Friday.

Hope Hicks, who has been working so hard without even taking a small break, has just tested positive for Covid 19. Terrible! The First Lady and I are waiting for our test results. In the meantime, we will begin our quarantine process!" Trump tweeted Thursday night.

Hicks has traveled with the President multiple times recently, including to the debate in Cleveland on Tuesday, and was seen boarding Marine One, along with several other of the President's closest aides -- Jared Kushner, Dan Scavino and Nicholas Luna -- none of whom wore masks, on Wednesday as Trump was heading to a campaign rally in Minnesota.

"She did test positive, I just heard about this. She tested positive. She's a hard worker. Lot of masks, she wears masks a lot but she tested positive. Then I just went out with a test. I'll see -- you know, because we spent a lot of time -- and the first lady just went out with a test also. So whether we quarantine or whether we have it, I don't know," Trump said during a call-in appearance on Fox News' "Hannity."
He added, "I just went for a test and we'll see what happens, I mean, who knows. ... I spent a lot of time with Hope and so does the first lady, and she's tremendous."

President Donald Trump tweets he and first lady Melania Trump test positive for Covid-19 - CNNPolitics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member