Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing forward Timeline by @OldCop and everyone here, in light of what @Trackergd said wrt Keeping it rollin, Kwim.

Suzanne Morphew
Timeline by @OldCop and WS members:

Updated timeline for the days surrounding SM’s disappearance. We are limiting the dates to those put forth by LE when they requested that area residents save their video footage: May 8-12, 2020.

Friday 5/8/20

Evening, exact time unknown:
-BM works at “beach area” at Salida dig site (MG)

Saturday 5/9/20

A.M.:
-BM & MG at Salida dig site. MG states BM was acting unusual. MG is supposed to rake out beach area that BM had worked on the night before. (MG). BM picked up MG (unverified) to bring her there.

11:00 a.m.:
-BM tells MG to go home. He tells her he has to go home to make wife “happy” and take her hiking or biking. (Did BM drop off MG?)

12:30 p.m. : (conflicting information, time not verified, could be later in the day, or even earlier)
-SM is talking with BFF on a message app or FB when suddenly she stops replying.

Afternoon, exact time unknown:
-BM makes contact with JP and hires him for a Broomfield job on Sunday. According to JP, this was an in person meeting in Salida.
-MG states that BM was seen shopping around town. (Unverified)

Evening, exact time unknown:
-SM’s bff receives texts that seem “unusual” from SM
-Friends of BM receive FB friend requests from SM

11:30 p.m.:
-A neighbor of a home being built in Salida hears heavy machinery running for about a half hour. BM has been hired to do prep work for a foundation pour at this site. This is the same site where he is also prepping the “beach area”. This is the job site that was later searched by FBI teams.

Sunday 5/10/20

5:00 a.m.:
-BM allegedly leaves SM sleeping and heads to a job in Broomfield, CO approximately 3 hours from his home in Maysville. The job allegedly consists of a repair to a wall that BM had completed the previous September and that had structural problems.

A.M. Exact time unknown:
-BM checks into the HIE in Broomfield.
-According to MG, BM contacts her and asks her to get a crew together to head to Broomfield for the job. MG stated that BM sounded like he had the worst night of his life. ?

Approximately Noontime:
-BM calls JP to confirm Broomfield job.

5:46 p.m.:
-SM is reported missing by a neighbor. SM’s daughters allegedly contacted her and said they were worried because they hadn’t been able to reach their mother. Exact details are unclear, but neighbor checked the house and did not find SM but noted her car was there. According to BM in his TD interview, the neighbor then contacted him and he asked her to go back and check if her bike was there. The neighbor checked, returned home, and called BM on her landline and told him the bike was gone. BM asked her to call LE.

Approximately 6:00 p.m.:
-LE arrives at the Morphew home where they are met by the neighbor who reportedly told them that SM had not returned from a bike ride.
-LE begins a search. Dog teams from the prison and County SAR teams are called in. (CCSO)
-BM started home to Maysville. (TD)

After 6:00 exact time unknown:
-JP, MG, and a third worker arrived at the HIE in Broomfield. It is not clear if all 3 travelled together. JP and MG both report that there was an intense smell of chlorine in the room and several wet towels on the floor. JP stated that it looked like someone had laid down on the bed, on top of the bedspread. MG stated that the bed looked like it had been slept in and remade.
-BM let workers know that he had left for a family emergency and that they were on their own. Workers allegedly found some of BM’s tools in a “hotel cart”. MG stated they looked like a bunch of tools from the back of BM’s truck. Both JP and MG indicated they had neither the correct tools nor the materials to do the job.

Sometime before 9:00 p.m. :
-LE allegedly finds SM’s bike down a hill about a quarter of a mile from her home. (Never verified by LE). There is no sign of SM. The Morphew home is allegedly sealed off.
-Friend(s) of BM arrive at search area (unverified)

Approximately 9:00 p.m.:
-BM arrives home.
-Friend(s) tell BM that SM’s bike was found and that LE mishandled the scene/evidence. (BM to TD)

(At some point, either Sunday night or Monday, volunteer firefighters were told not to participate in the official searches. BM told TD in a later video that his friend tried to stop LE from mishandling the evidence, which may have been the reason that they were not allowed to participate further.)

Monday 5/11/20

Time unknown:
-Concrete foundation is poured at the Salida dig site.

A.M.:
-Search resumes after overnight break. Over 100 LE are eventually involved including LE on foot, drones, divers, aircraft, SAR, Swift Water Rescue units, and various canines.
-BM calls MG crying and tells her SM is missing and that either a mountain lion got her or she was abducted. He stated they were going up the mountain to search. He tells MG and JP to stay in Broomfield and wait for supplies to be delivered for the job.

PM.:
-AM arrives in town to help look for his sister, meets with BM and some friends, and they formulate a plan to search for SM the following day.

Tuesday 5/12/2020

A.M.:
-LE continue their search. No request for volunteers was made.
-BM, AM, and friends divide into teams to search. They were not allowed to search where LE was actively searching, but could cover area already searched. AM and BM we’re on separate teams. At one point, a member of AM’s team separated from the group. They backtracked to try to find him. He was later located back at the home where BM was staying. (On the following Thursday, 5/14/2020, a personal article belong to SM, was found about 20 yards from the trail where AM’s team was searching. Were they meant to find it? Was it placed there by the disappearing team member?)

Exact time unknown:
-MG, JP, and possibly one other person arrived back in Salida after no supplies were delivered to complete the job in Broomfield.
-MG was allegedly approached by two individuals connected to BM, (TN and GD), who told her she would not be paid for her time in Broomfield because it would look like hush, hush, money. MG also implied that she was asked not to cooperate with LE or turn over her phone.

8:00 p.m.:
-BM was observed by an employee of the Poncha Market digging in a trash can. (The market had closed at 7:00 p.m.) Upon being questioned, BM states he is looking for a bike helmet.

Shortly thereafter, BM taps on market window and when they let him in he stated that his wife was missing. When asked for a description he wrote a note on a crumbled receipt. The note said:

Baby Blue bike

helmet

Biking clothes

(No further description)

By Tuesday or Wednesday, CCSO has asked CBI and FBI for assistance.

Updated timeline was constructed based on LE info, MSM reports, and suggestions from fellow WS’ers. All additional comments/corrections are welcome. We may have additional information to plug in after the search this week.

Last edited:
I don’t know what this means but I’m going to mark it anyway, lol.

Can someone please summarize what the heck this “5” business is? Tia. Please don’t kill me, just trying to hang here.

I have no idea what PE are insinuating, but the marker on the Google map is on the fire station #5.

I don’t know what this means but I’m going to mark it anyway, lol.

Can someone please summarize what the heck this “5” business is? Tia.
I gave up trying to figure it out the first time. Mike put out his five fingers and mentioned Bruce Lee and the number Five.

Then a few days later he put out the five fingers again saying we know who you are.

So I don’t know what Five means. Could it mean five people? Could it be one person? Could it be Barry? Someone mentioned it could mean 5.0 as in LE? I don’t know.

I’ll just wait until they tell me.

I gave up trying to figure it out the first time. Mike put out his five fingers and mentioned Bruce Lee and the number Five.

Then a few days later he put out the five fingers again saying we know who you are.

So I don’t know what Five means. Could it mean five people? Could it be one person? Could it be Barry? I don’t know.

Same here, I'm tired of his game.

So I don’t know what Five means. Could it mean five people? Could it be one person? Could it be Barry? I don’t know.

I don’t care about what those guys say anymore. All I care about is what Andy tells them.

Lauren too.

Last edited:
Pardon me for jumping in but I notice the number 5 mentioned quite often. I think it refers to the five components of GIS.

BBM
Components of a GIS
“A working GIS integrates five key components: hardware, software, data, people, and methods.”

https://twitter.com/ProfilingEvil Sept 30
See how #GIS was used by the #ProfilingEvil team in the search for #SuzanneMorphew. Watch it Friday on
@DrPhil

Probably don’t even have 5 facts.
No way. I already see a LOT of facts, so much, I can’t even keep up. That’s why I’m posting what I’m saying. I was going to say 100 facts...look how quickly the data point discussion blew up, we’ve got possibly waaay more than 5 data points and I’m wondering how the heck to even expand Reverse Rossmo etc lol...

Point is I highly disagree, there is so much information here...I know it may seem like there isn’t, but there is imo, so many cases have zero data points.

The challenge here imo is do we even have a body, did he pull a Frazee or AA. Then we’re dealing with fragmentation over a vast infinite magnificent mountain terrain...Water, whatever it may be, jmo. That’s where the distance time etc comes in.

I would not have asked for a list of 50 Facts if I did not think you could deliver.

Try it out, see what happens.

Last edited:
Just finished watching American Murder.... from the documentary:

In America three women are killed by their current partner or ex partner every day.

Parents who murder their children and partner are most often men.

This crime is virtually always premeditated.

- American Murder, The Family Next Door

Pardon me for jumping in but I notice the number 5 mentioned quite often. I think it refers to the five components of GIS.

BBM
Components of a GIS
“A working GIS integrates five key components: hardware, software, data, people, and methods.”

https://twitter.com/ProfilingEvil Sept 30
See how #GIS was used by the #ProfilingEvil team in the search for #SuzanneMorphew. Watch it Friday on
@DrPhil

There is that...but also a company at planet.com that performs various operations with 5 SATELLITES including archived high resolution daily data of the earth....hmmmmm?

No way. I already see a LOT of facts, so much, I can’t even keep up. That’s why I’m posting what I’m saying. I was going to say 100 facts...look how quickly the data point discussion blew up, we’ve got possibly waaay more than 5 data points and I’m wondering how the heck to even expand Reverse Rossmo etc lol...

Point is I highly disagree, there is so much information here...I know it may seem like there isn’t, but there is imo, so many cases have.

The challenge here imo is do we even have a body, did he pull a Frazee or AA. Then we’re dealing with fragmentation over a vast infinite terrain...Water, whatever it may be, jmo.

I would not have asked for a list of 50 Facts if I did not think you could deliver.

Try it out, see what happens.

The process developed by Rossmo is GIS (Geographic Information System) and apparently utilized by PE in the search for Suzanne, to be featured on Dr Phil tomorrow. It would be impossible to replicate it here on WS,

Geographic Profiling

Chris Watts is a “family annihilator.” These are killers with a very specific pathology. They are quite unique when it comes to murderers on the whole.

John List, Bradford Bishop, Chris Coleman; they all wanted a fresh start. They were willing to kill their entire families to achieve that.

Patrick Frazee is a much more common type of killer. He decided to kill Kelsey because he saw some gain (full custody).

This case probably is much like the Frazee case. The difference though, and the reason that it has garnered so much attention, is that it appeared to be an abduction.

It’s rare for a low risk victim to be abducted in a low crime area, especially in broad daylight.

Add in the fact that this appeared to be the quintessential American family, and you have a major news story.

Someone screwed up, big time.

True. Chris Watts did go full on and killed his whole family, and I think BM intended for his daughters to be out of town.

Have you guys seen the new Netflix special? I was STUNNED at how similar BM's actions have been to CW, from a behavioral point of view. From the wording of CW's "plea," to the picture-perfect (but illusory) family photos to, and I kid you not, a push-up contest! I didn't follow CW case too closely, since he confessed pretty early on and I lost interest bc it was covered ad-nauseam, but I think when the arrest affidavit is released, we are going to find out that BM's plan was as diabolical as CW and PF combined, and that's saying quite a lot.

I was really quite surprised that all I could think about while watching the documentary was BM. I have no idea if the information released in the doc was already public knowledge, but it almost felt like CW was a possible case study for BM. I wonder if BM ever researched any true crime cases. I find it hard to believe he has hidden her body as well as he has, and has gotten away with it thus far, by pure luck alone, knowledge of hunting/landscaping/horticulture aside.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members