Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a bit like wearing sunglasses.. I always used to feel more confident wearing them at times. Like I was incognito.
But I also had this idea that no one would be able to recognise me while I was wearing sunglasses and was always surprised when they did lol.

BBM - I may be in the minority, but I love wearing a mask! I mean truly enjoy it. I've always had serious social anxiety plus low self-esteem and for some reason wearing a mask makes me feel almost ... I don't know ... confident? Secure? Happy nobody can see all of my scary face, lol?? I've stocked up on several different types of masks and I plan on wearing them throughout the entire winter season if not longer.

Hope they will be okay, but T is in a vunerable age group and is a bit overweight.
True, thankfully the recovery rate is high and they are asymptomatic at this time. I think his age would be his only co-morbidity.

This is of course only anecdotal. My parents both tested positive for Covid, and my father is much older than my mother. My mom got tested because she had allergy type symptoms and she was supposed to watch my toddler niece. (Mom always suffers from allergies.) My dad is overweight and has afib and high blood pressure and remained asymptotic throughout his quarantine time. (They are both fine.)

Very sad to hear this.
I do know that President Trump does not drink or smoke. And will probably receive the best of care.
We've learned a lot over these 6 months.
I pray for him and Melania. I also pray for his doctors,, because trying to keep this man down, and resting will take some strong doing.

Tonight,@FLOTUS
and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1311892190680014849

Everyone in the administration is being pumped full of IV antivirals and zinc right now. That’s my bet. They won’t become symptomatic as a result.

And those who think this crisis is “exaggerated” will think that proves their point.

In the meantime, those of us who aren’t part of the elite? We test positive and they tell us to go home. We don’t get treatment until we can’t breathe. And for some at that point, it’s too late.

I'm not sure if you are in the minority. For me. It is torture. I do it. But hate, absolutely hate wearing a mask.
Seeing everyone else masked up makes me furious and depressed.
I can still hardly believe that this nightmare is real.
My friends husband died last night (not from Covid). They told her to not touch him. She rebelled and held his hand anyway. They were married for 53 years.
This virus is a curse. I hate all of it. Including masks and whats happening to our businesses.

BBM - I may be in the minority, but I love wearing a mask! I mean truly enjoy it. I've always had serious social anxiety plus low self-esteem and for some reason wearing a mask makes me feel almost ... I don't know ... confident? Secure? Happy nobody can see all of my scary face, lol?? I've stocked up on several different types of masks and I plan on wearing them throughout the entire winter season if not longer.

True, thankfully the recovery rate is high and they are asymptomatic at this time. I think his age would be his only co-morbidity.

This is of course only anecdotal. My parents both tested positive for Covid, and my father is much older than my mother. My mom got tested because she had allergy type symptoms and she was supposed to watch my toddler niece. (Mom always suffers from allergies.) My dad is overweight and has afib and high blood pressure and remained asymptotic throughout his quarantine time. (They are both fine.)

Age, weight and diet.

But he will be fine, is my bet. They use AIDS drugs successfully on people who have already become dangerously symptomatic. As far as we know no one in his circle but Hicks showed any symptoms. They give babies antivirals when the mother is positive and the babies aren’t born with AIDS. I believe if they pump them full of that medication now, before they show symptoms, they probably won’t.

That’s great for them. But the problem is the administration won’t explain this to the public and people will use his health status as a means to continue downplaying this virus.

Yet, anyone who is not filthy rich doesn’t have access to that kind of aggressive, preventative treatment.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you are in the minority. For me. It is torture. I do it. But hate, absolutely hate wearing a mask.
Seeing everyone else masked up makes me furious and depressed.
I can still hardly believe that this nightmare is real.
My friends husband died last night (not from Covid). They told her to not touch him. She rebelled and held his hand anyway. They were married for 53 years.
This virus is a curse. I hate all of it. Including masks and whats happening to our businesses.

I hate them too. They make me super hot and uncomfortable. My lips are chapped all the time now. And I totally overheat. It’s awful.

But furious? No. I’m grateful there is something we can do to reduce the spread.

If people in our country didn’t act like babies and did what they had to in order to stop the spread, business would be back on track.

We just need to be more community-minded, IMO, and smart about this thing.

It’s not forever, thank God. And the more that people take responsibility to protect themselves and others, the faster this is going to recede.

In the meantime, cases like your friend’s husband are horrific.

But I remain convinced and very hopeful that this is going to fade. And not years from now. But we must do our part.

Age, weight and diet.

But he will be fine, is my bet. They use AIDS drugs successfully on people who have already become dangerously symptomatic. As far as we know no one in his circle but Hicks showed any symptoms. They give babies antivirals when the mother is positive and the babies aren’t born with AIDS. I believe if they pump them full of that medication now, before they show symptoms, they probably won’t.

That’s great for them. But the problem is the administration won’t explain this to the public and people will use his health status as a means to continue downplaying this virus.

But the problem is, anyone who is not filthy rich doesn’t have access to that kind of aggressive, preventative treatment.
Whoa. I wasn’t trying to downplay the virus. I stated my personal story was anecdotal, which I shared at my own peril.

My parents aren’t filthy rich and weren’t pumped full of anything, and I don’t have any knowledge of the Trumps being pumped full of anything.

I don’t think Zinc or antivirals are something only the filthy rich could get, regardless.

Last edited:
Who will be running our country? Certainly T will not be physically able (quarantine) to meet with notables. Will Pence step in?
He will likely ZOOM and email and take calls, like many do while ill.

It depends upon how sick he gets. If he never gets seriously ill, he will likely just quarantine and communicate like we all do these days. JMO

The chief of staff Meadows has tested negative per Fox News channel.

I saw a list of 20 people who could have been or were with the President in the past few days, especially on Air Force One, some of whom I haven’t heard of, but it’s basically a “who’s who” of the administration. I’m glad Mark Meadows tested negative, but Dr Vin Gupta (not related to Sanjay) on MSNBC is saying that they all need to quarantine and go into contact tracing mode. A negative test, per CDC guidelines doesn’t mean they are clear.

This is something really huge and we don’t even know how it will play out yet. Wishing everyone well.

At a medical in February, Trump weighed in at 243lbs. At six foot three, that puts his BMI at 30.4, just enough to qualify as obese. This adds further risk, tripling the odds of hospitalisation compared to people with a healthy weight .....

President Trump’s infection appears to have been picked up before symptoms have arisen, so doctors will be able to monitor his condition closely and intervene early if his health falters. One drug that will be on hand is the antiviral remdesivir, which is thought to be more effective while the virus is still replicating, and before it has had the chance to progress to the lungs and cause more serious damage.

Coronavirus live news: Donald Trump and his wife, Melania, test positive for Covid-19

Last edited:
Explain to me please, why this is not a political post?

To me, an article discussing how testing positive for COVID-19 may affect President Trump is no different from articles that discuss how having COVID-19 has affected bus drivers, teachers, health care workers, business owners etc

I also don't think quotes from the president about COVID-19 are political
They're informative as to his views about a pandemic affecting his country

My view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads