Deceased/Not Found UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 Jul 2020 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm fairly new to WS and usually just read threads, initially I came on here to see if there was any recent threads on the Leah Croucher case. Apologies if I put anything that's not allowed but my personal opinion is that the police must have something pretty significant to actually charge them both with murder especially without a body. I read some of the comments on some of the MSM posts on facebook and I actually came across a comment by SaW herself. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say what it said as it was on fb but it was on a news media post.

Hi all, I'm fairly new to WS and usually just read threads, initially I came on here to see if there was any recent threads on the Leah Croucher case. Apologies if I put anything that's not allowed but my personal opinion is that the police must have something pretty significant to actually charge them both with murder especially without a body. I read some of the comments on some of the MSM posts on facebook and I actually came across a comment by SaW herself. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say what it said as it was on fb but it was on a news media post.

Your allowed to link the article and we can all look for the comment ourselves

I followed Leah's case too and have the same feelings as you. This case reminds me a little of Sarah Wellgreens (not as well known). They got a successful prosecution and her body has never been found. I believe they have strong forensic or circumstantial evidence that both SaW and ScW are the cause. However unlikely it may seem, I believe both parties are responsible.

Does anyone else find it strange there is so little coverage on this case? Even locally, the articles seem very slow. Why were there no appeals, or searches. JMO, but I believe the police suspected parents early on.
Is it routine that LE don't comment when a search is ongoing? Early on they stated that nothing was found, but this week I haven't heard seen that same comment.

Police won’t want all and sundry trampling over a potentially nasty crime scene

I’ve seen plenty of deceased bodies in various states of decomposition. Trust me, someone stumbling on one in this manner will scar them for life. This is not a job for the public imo

I post rarely on Websleuths but follow certain cases closely - this is one of them. I am so very hoping this young girl is found (awful I know but even something)! I too wonder why the police did not appeal earlier but I'm guessing they must have found something pretty quickly which made them conclude the worst and were just looking for the evidence to back it up. They have obviously found enough to charge both parents to take this to trial (as a mum I can not comprehend), I too have looked through all the news articles/social medias and think alot was portrayed to be a happy family from the parents (I still assume ScW is stepfather to BW)? I think I have read what most posters have previously said in terms of the parents media and would agree some things strike me as very worrying, also some of the younger siblings sm including BW is very dark and a bit chilling - as a mum to a now 19 yr old daughter and 13 yr old son I found them strange to say the least.

Does anyone else find it strange there is so little coverage on this case? Even locally, the articles seem very slow. Why were there no appeals, or searches. JMO, but I believe the police suspected parents early on.
Is it routine that LE don't comment when a search is ongoing? Early on they stated that nothing was found, but this week I haven't heard seen that same comment.

No, not at all.

We won't hear anything until it goes to trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23