Deceased/Not Found UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 Jul 2020 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed Leah's case too and have the same feelings as you. This case reminds me a little of Sarah Wellgreens (not as well known). They got a successful prosecution and her body has never been found. I believe they have strong forensic or circumstantial evidence that both SaW and ScW are the cause. However unlikely it may seem, I believe both parties are responsible.

I have not heard of sarah Wellgreens but will look it up now. The Leah Croucher case really bothers me, I feel like the police just dont seem bothered. JMO. Yes I think with BW case the mum is just as involved as the father. Just the way she has been acting and certain things she has said.

I post rarely on Websleuths but follow certain cases closely - this is one of them. I am so very hoping this young girl is found (awful I know but even something)! I too wonder why the police did not appeal earlier but I'm guessing they must have found something pretty quickly which made them conclude the worst and were just looking for the evidence to back it up. They have obviously found enough to charge both parents to take this to trial (as a mum I can not comprehend), I too have looked through all the news articles/social medias and think alot was portrayed to be a happy family from the parents (I still assume ScW is stepfather to BW)? I think I have read what most posters have previously said in terms of the parents media and would agree some things strike me as very worrying, also some of the younger siblings sm including BW is very dark and a bit chilling - as a mum to a now 19 yr old daughter and 13 yr old son I found them strange to say the least.

What also strikes me as odd is that there is no trace on social media of ScW pre SaW! He is 50 years old ! I want to know what his life was before meeting SaW we know he was married but that is all we know.

Sorry did that all wrong!! Was trying to requote Rosegold68 and agree - if her body has been left since end of July then I do not think anyone will want to see

I agree, the public shouldn't be searching now. I just think it speaks volumes that they were no searches arranged by parents/ community when she first went missing. Of course, given the charges that makes sense now. When you compare to cases like Becky Watts there was a very public search in the early days. I agree there shouldn't be any searching by the public now, that's for the police to coordinate and make sure evidence is not disturbed. Not to mention it would be searching for a needle in a haystack, LE obviously have reason to be searching specific areas. There seems to be so little attention drawn to this case even now with charges brought :(

I agree, the public shouldn't be searching now. I just think it speaks volumes that they were no searches arranged by parents/ community when she first went missing. Of course, given the charges that makes sense now. When you compare to cases like Becky Watts there was a very public search in the early days. I agree there shouldn't be any searching by the public now, that's for the police to coordinate and make sure evidence is not disturbed. Not to mention it would be searching for a needle in a haystack, LE obviously have reason to be searching specific areas. There seems to be so little attention drawn to this case even now with charges brought :(

Yes I agree, this why i find it similar to Leah Croucher case too as early on there was no public searches and even now most people have not even heard about it as very little has been in media. Sometimes I think when there is little in the media its because the police know very early on who is responsible and they are gathering evidence quietly behind the scenes.

Does anyone else find it strange there is so little coverage on this case? Even locally, the articles seem very slow. Why were there no appeals, or searches. JMO, but I believe the police suspected parents early on.
Is it routine that LE don't comment when a search is ongoing? Early on they stated that nothing was found, but this week I haven't heard seen that same comment.

Also of note that none of BW's friends have talked to the media - even when she was just "missing". ISTR seeing somewhere that they had been told not to by the police?

I wondered if this could be to do with Covid though. I’m guessing the police and media can’t be seen to be encouraging large groups of people gathering and either setting off on searches or holding vigils, like would usually happen.

What also strikes me as odd is that there is no trace on social media of ScW pre SaW! He is 50 years old ! I want to know what his life was before meeting SaW we know he was married but that is all we know.

I don't think it's strange really. Don't forget social media hasn't really been around that long and some people are late to joining it, if at all.

I don't think it's strange really. Don't forget social media hasn't really been around that long and some people are late to joining it, if at all.

Facebook has been popular for at least 10 years, before that was My Space,Friends reunited etc I expected someone so obsessed with social media to at least leave a print before SaW came along, but I agree with the previous poster his name makes it hard, although I did find SaW my space under her maiden name.

It'll be interesting to see if Sarah's words early on are leakage with regards to where her body has been hidden. To me it sounds as if her body is in a secluded area or buried, and it will indeed have to be found, rather than merely spotted by a member of the public.

Aug 5th - "I know my baby girl wouldn't be out in the open. She's scared of being out in the dark alone..." "...I'm desperate for my daughter to be found."

Peterborough: Missing girl Bernadette Walker still not home - PeterboroughMatters.co.uk

Sep 10th - "Bernadette if you can see this, please let us know that you are safe. You can set up a new Facebook or Instagram darling and message us, that way you can let us know that you're safe without giving away your location."

Peterborough missing girl Bernadette Walker now high risk - PeterboroughMatters.co.uk

I don't get the feeling from this that she is in water.

It'll be interesting to see if Sarah's words early on are leakage with regards to where her body has been hidden. To me it sounds as if her body is in a secluded area or buried, and it will indeed have to be found, rather than merely spotted by a member of the public.

Aug 5th - "I know my baby girl wouldn't be out in the open. She's scared of being out in the dark alone..." "...I'm desperate for my daughter to be found."

Peterborough: Missing girl Bernadette Walker still not home - PeterboroughMatters.co.uk

Sep 10th - "Bernadette if you can see this, please let us know that you are safe. You can set up a new Facebook or Instagram darling and message us, that way you can let us know that you're safe without giving away your location."

Peterborough missing girl Bernadette Walker now high risk - PeterboroughMatters.co.uk

I agree I don't think she is in water and is in a very rural location (I think they were both into Urban Exploration sites but may be wrong). I wonder where the 'Dolls in the Woods photos were taken as I do think it will be a location they know nobody really visits? I worry she may never be found due to length of time now.

Last edited:
I agree I don't think she is in water and is in a very rural location (I think they were both into Urban Adventuring sites but may be wrong). I wonder where the 'Dolls in the Woods photos were taken as I do think it will be a location they know nobody really visits? I worry she may never be found but due to length of time now.
Yes I think if I were thinking of where to put a body I would stay within an area I knew well. The thought of going to a new area would throw up too many unknowns if it's not just quickly dumping a body by the roadside but taking time to conceal it. Woodland provides the perfect cover, especially parts that are overgrown and not walked by dog walkers.

I agree I don't think she is in water and is in a very rural location (I think they were both into Urban Exploration sites but may be wrong). I wonder where the 'Dolls in the Woods photos were taken as I do think it will be a location they know nobody really visits? I worry she may never be found due to length of time now.

I wonder if the police saw those photos on ScW Flickr account? As I had the same thought that they might have buried her somewhere near there.

Yes I think if I were thinking of where to put a body I would stay within an area I knew well. The thought of going to a new area would throw up too many unknowns if it's not just quickly dumping a body by the roadside but taking time to conceal it. Woodland provides the perfect cover, especially parts that are overgrown and not walked by dog walkers.

IMO I don't think she was killed at home, I think with so many other children in the house and neighbours in close proximity then they would have been charged far earlier. I'm thinking it was pre-meditated as I think there will be an element of truth in the whole 'ran out of car' and also I'm sure a cadaver dog would have picked that up from the car and also forensics if a body had been placed inside it. Whole thing is too awful for words, my heart goes out to that beautiful young girl and her family and really hope they find her so she can get a proper burial and the family can get some sort of closure.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REQUESTING PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS AS COULD GET THREAD SHUT DOWN.

WS RULES

INVITING PRIVATE MESSAGES or EMAIL, and ALLUDING TO "INSIDE" INFORMATION

Inviting is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely.

This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as Check your PMs or PM me posted in discussion threads.

Aug 5th I find interesting...

I'm struggling to understand how they both would of done it together and the rest of the children not be aware? Like who was looking after the baby? You can't just go out for a few hours and leave a baby, unless the older children were left to babysit? Honestly, this case baffles me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77