Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt he wishes this. In my opinion, BM really believed that LE would buy the bike ride, abduction, or mountain lion story. He never would have guessed that people around the world would turn their attention to a missing wife/mother/sister/daughter, in a small town in Colorado. MOO

BBM:

In the immortal words of Patrick Frazee, "If I had known it would have blown up this big, I never would have —"

It just beggars belief that BM didn't anticipate the amount of attention SM's disappearance would garner.

The Kelsey Berreth case happened right there in the same stomping grounds, for crying out loud.
It received a huge amount of national publicity, and the trial just concluded last November.
Resulting in a LWOP + 156 year sentence being meted out to her asinine killer.

If BM didn't register any of that at all, then he's even dumber than I give him credit for being.

I can remember saying almost the exact same thing about PF during the Berreth case.

To quote the great philosopher Yogi Berra, "It's like deja vu all over again."

JMO.

Last edited:
IMO, kids want to believe their parents, even in the face of what is obvious to the most casual observer. Case in point: O. J. Simpson and Drew Peterson. There are many other cases where I am totally astonished at how much the kids remain in denial.

BM controls the purse strings (more than likely). So, the girls, at this point, might be forced to go along to get along. As time goes on and they become more independent, they might be able to see the truth more clearly.
Just jumping off your post -

Sometimes kids are unaware of any issues their parents may be haaving with each other. For example, when I was 16 years old, (a long time ago lol), my parents announced they were getting a divorce and I and my siblings were like WHATTT?! ! They then explained they argued all the time, etc, but us kids didn't know it because it took place behind closed doors and/or when we were not home. So in that case, it was even more difficult and accept because it came as such a surprise. It would've been better if maybe they had fought/argued in front of us kids because then the divorce news wouldn't have come as such a surprise/shock!

I am sharing this story just because some kids do not witness for themselves the problems their parents may be having with one another.

JMO

Just jumping off your post -

Sometimes kids are unaware of any issues their parents may be haaving with each other. For example, when I was 16 years old, (a long time ago lol), my parents announced they were getting a divorce and I and my siblings were like WHATTT?! ! They then explained they argued all the time, etc, but us kids didn't know it because it took place behind closed doors and/or when we were not home. So in that case, it was even more difficult and accept because it came as such a surprise. It would've been better if maybe they had fought/argued in front of us kids because then the divorce news wouldn't have come as such a surprise/shock!

I am sharing this story just because some kids do not witness for themselves the problems their parents may be having with one another.

JMO
Lived thru the same thing and right when I was 16 too!
I've wondered how much the girls witnessed or were kept in the dark about.
Heck, we don't even know that SM and BM argued. Some couples hold things in.
However, there is that little nagging thing about that DV group SM was a part of.

Last edited:
It has gotten to the point where I’m fantasizing BM pulled an Ozark. Cremated SM and has her ashes hidden in his damn Bobcat! Why else would he be towing that Bob Cat around?
Is he making a statement, towing the Bob Cat around? Like a big man with little man syndrome. Does it attract women or men? Why does he tote it around?

BBM:

In the immortal words of Patrick Frazee, "If I had known it would have blown up this big, I never would have —"

It just beggars belief that BM didn't anticipate the amount of attention SM's disappearance would garner.

The Kelsey Berreth case happened right there in the same stomping grounds, for pity's sake.
It received a huge amount of national publicity, and the trial just concluded last November.

If BM didn't register any of that at all, then he's even dumber than I give him credit for being.

I can remember saying almost the exact same thing about PF during the Berreth case.

JMO.

We know PF went to KB's armed with a baseball bat and intent.
His intentions where clear and he had a plan....and he it all up!(digital footprints)

Here in this instance BM IMO didn't kill SM in a preplanned situation. Heat of the moment wholloping that was a knock too many or the like .:mad:
From the get-go he was behind the ball. Much harder to cover something up you didn't anticipate.

We know LE sealed Pf up from loose lips (aka saving ones own arse we all know who...) for a no body conviction.

But even if noone knows/witnessed anything specific to the crime to help nail him IMO BM was in such a frenzy to distance himself from it all that he left a tornado of digital footprints. Just don't think a man of his vintage and character would understand GPS tracking, deleted texts, phone pings, facebook apps will have the power to lock him into places he can not explain away.

Does any of our techy friends know if LE would have all the digital trails of her phone his phone and the vehicles by now??

moo

We know PF went to KB's armed with a baseball bat and intent.
His intentions where clear and he had a plan....and he ****** it all up!(digital footprints)

Here in this instance BM IMO didn't kill SM in a preplanned situation. Heat of the moment wholloping that was a knock too many or the like .:mad:
From the get-go he was behind the ball. Much harder to cover something up you didn't anticipate.

We know LE sealed Pf up from loose lips (aka saving ones own arse we all know who...) for a no body conviction.

But even if noone knows/witnessed anything specific to the crime to help nail him IMO BM was in such a frenzy to distance himself from it all that he left a tornado of digital footprints. Just don't think a man of his vintage and character would understand GPS tracking, deleted texts, phone pings, facebook apps will have the power to lock him into places he can not explain away.

Does any of our techy friends know if LE would have all the digital trails of her phone his phone and the vehicles by now??

moo
I definitely think so. CBI/FBI had all the data ready for Gannon Stauch’s case arrest affidavit by April 3, 2020. He went missing on January 27,2020.

At that point in time, it was a no body case.

So I would bet the house they have a ton of data for this case and more.

No doubt he wishes this. In my opinion, BM really believed that LE would buy the bike ride, abduction, or mountain lion story. He never would have guessed that people around the world would turn their attention to a missing wife/mother/sister/daughter, in a small town in Colorado. MOO
That is a victory in of itself. MOO

It has gotten to the point where I’m fantasizing BM pulled an Ozark. Cremated SM and has her ashes hidden in his damn Bobcat! Why else would he be towing that thing around?
It really is bizarre. I wonder if he had it hooked up to the truck and in the driveway when he allowed the dog to search at the PP house last week?

BBM:

The Kelsey Berreth case happened right there in the same stomping grounds, for crying out loud.
Resulting in a LWOP + 156 year sentence being meted out to her asinine killer.

JMO.

I am constantly amazed that younger people do not read newspapers or watch a daily news program. Our son (forties), daughter (twenties), and nieces (thirties) are perfect examples. All 'news' is delivered online. So I have no problem at all thinking that BM really knew very little about this particular case - or any other, for that matter. JMO

Yes, I think Andy is confusing friend requests with FB's suggest friends feature. I can see how that happens - I often see the faces of people on that suggest friends feature and think it's people actually asking to befriend me. I've actually clicked on the active part of someone's face (which sends them a friend request!), way in the past, thereby ending up with people on my friends list (when they accept the request) that I didn't intend to friend.

The friend suggestions (for me at least) always come in batches. Sometimes it's my university group, sometimes it's my high school group, sometimes it's work people, sometimes it's friends of family members.

The suggestions always start out with people who share friends with me and with others on my existing friend's list. So, my sisters and I share several friends, but I don't know any of their local friends (from their church, from their neighborhoods). Yet I get suggestions to friend those people because some of them I share two or three friends with (sisters, their daughters).
This is what I thought, too, initially. But it is both. BMs FB friends had SM show up in PYMK and friend suggestions AND AMs FB friends received friend request from SM late Sat night. The former happened to my DW and friends, the latter was stated by AM (and my DW knows two of these people).

This is what I thought, too, initially. But it is both. BMs FB friends had SM show up in PYMK and friend suggestions AND AMs FB friends received friend request from SM late Sat night. The former happened to my DW and friends, the latter was stated by AM (and my DW knows two of these people).
The stupidity is shocking there. The reason for doing that would probably be to make it look like Suzanne was still alive.

The issue is that the timing is odd, and the behavior is apparently unusual.

I believe it was Barry messing about - I can see why he would think making friend requests would give the impression that Suzanne was still alive and well, the time doesn't really bother me too much - there is a time difference between CO and IN, what I am trying to figure out is if it was male only 'friend requests' - why not mixed gender 'friend requests'? Why only men? imo
I dont think it makes sense unless these happened to be in her friend suggestions (which could be, if she had liked some posts related to AM). Plus, we don't know who else received friend requests from her - we just happen to know that AMs male friends got them - but others might have, too. MOO.

The stupidity is shocking there. The reason for doing that would probably be to make it look like Suzanne was still alive.

The issue is that the timing is odd, and the behavior is apparently unusual.
Agreed. Per the DW, BM wasn't active at all on FB. He had an account, but did very little with it. He may not have realized how dumb this was. JMO.

I definitely think so. CBI/FBI had all the data ready for Gannon Stauch’s case arrest affidavit by April 3, 2020. He went missing on January 27,2020.

At that point in time, it was a no body case.

So I would bet the house they have a ton of data for this case and more.
Actually it was sooner than that. The AA was signed on February 28 and she was arrested on March 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288