Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna sound dopey now :rolleyes::oops: original listing said foundation was concrete, new listing says foundation - crawl space - if the foundation was concrete would/could there still be a crawl space?
I don't know, but couldn't the foundation be a perimeter of concrete with a crawl space under the living area? That's what our house has. A concrete foundation doesn't have to be a slab.

Address Change? Real Estate Agents?
The home is in Maysville, why does the listing say Poncha Springs? ...
@TKG Good question. First, briefly.
From time to time USPS changes zip codes, but I doubt that happened here, prompting me to wonder if a real est agent entering a new listing into MLS can manually overwrite any data auto-fed into MLS from county records. IDK.
Where are our real estate agents and brokers familiar w MLS? Or others??? Thanks in advance.

==========================================================
Now, not so briefly.
County records database* shows:
"Property Address: 19057 PUMA PATH
UNINCORPORATED CHAFFEE COUNTY, CO"

^ Shows that the PP prop is not located within any incorporated Colorado city/town/municipality.** IOW not within city or town limits, because, well, Salida and Poncha Springs have 'little dotted lines' on a map showing their official municipal boundaries and PP prop is not inside those enclosing lines. And Maysville has no official municipality boundaries in which PP prop could lie.
USPS.
Mail is a different issue, as USPS handles addresses differently. Look Up a ZIP Code™ *** provides delivery to 19507 Puma Path address by using any of these three designations: Poncha Springs or Maysville or Salida. For street addresses, each of those three have only a single ZIP+4® Code, shared by all three places. It is 81201-9249.
MLS.
IIUC, one of the first pieces of data, when listing real agent or other employee enters into MLS system a new prop listing, is the prop's Parcel Number, here: 368531400097.*
The parcel number ties to other info in county database, like land description, home/building details, sales, photos, sketches, and school districts, taxing districts, county assessments, prop tax billings, collections, etc.
IIUC, some county's database info may auto-fill (populate) data into fields/cells of MLS system. Can agent entering the listing into MLS manually overwrite data in any field, like changing Maysville or Salida to Poncha Springs?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Report: R368531400097
** Poncha Springs is a statutory town per List of cities and towns in Colorado - Wikipedia
Salida is a statutory city per Salida, Colorado - Wikipedia
Maysville is a census designated place (CDP) not city or town per Maysville, Colorado - Wikipedia

*** ZIP Code™ Lookup | USPS
See also: USPS.com FAQs.

Last edited:
My speculation, the Puma Path house was never intended to be permanent dream home, they knew they would lose money on rent while waiting on house to close in IN. They planned on buying the lot and building in Longhorn Ranch, possibly in-law suite.
That would have been SMs dream house.
They could save rent, while PP house appreciated.
It explains why SM didn’t change things, she knew they were only planning being in house 3 years.

There isn’t any need to stay in house, SM is an adult. She could figure out where to find her family. MOO

MVHO , BM is simply following up on plans that he and SM made together, this is helping him get thru the grieving process.

or he could be liquidating to finance various lawsuits...
JMO, but I know very few people whose dream it is to live with their in-law(s). I don't know how Longhorn plays into all of this, but the Puma Path home as a stepping stone to Longhorn just doesn't ring true. MOO.

JMO, but I know very few people whose dream it is to live with their in-law(s). I don't know how Longhorn plays into all of this, but the Puma Path home as a stepping stone to Longhorn just doesn't ring true. MOO.
ITA - no way that property was purchased for a “dream” home - there is a reason it was bought though ...
JMO

Agreed. It makes no sense to buy the most expensive house you’ve ever purchased, just to quickly downgrade and move in with BM’s mom.

That was a big step up, and would be a giant leap down.

I am mystified why he would sell that house "as is".
If LE did cut out walls , flooring and piping how does he explain that to the buyer?
Seems rather erratic to me.
And the family pics with a vase of flowers next to the tub is very strange.
Could one of the daughter's have done that?
MOO.

I’ll drink to that. haha

I have a friend that divorced last year because her MIL moved in. Super nice woman but it caused so much tension in the marriage.

I am mystified why he would sell that house "as is".
If LE did cut out walls , flooring and piping how does he explain that to the buyer?
Seems rather erratic to me.
And the family pics with a vase of flowers next to the tub is very strange.
Could one of the daughter's have done that?
MOO.

rsbm
*It felt a little like a 'shrine', minus the candle - moo

eta - *at first glance

LE took carpet and drywall in the Stauch investigation as I recall.

If something happened at 8 am, the kitchen seems probable. Short chase? Accidental injury? Intended injury? Weapon of opportunity? Hands, knives, just something heavy. Just can't imagine what damage he wouldn't have repaired himself, unless he did repair something badly. Crooked wall. He does seem to be the common denominator in the incompetence that surrounds him.

He'd be foolish to let ANYONE see damage left by him or LE.

But some people are fools.

JMO

Agreed. It makes no sense to buy the most expensive house you’ve ever purchased, just to quickly downgrade and move in with BM’s mom.

That was a big step up, and would be a giant leap down.
ITA and It definitely seems like a huge lifestyle change. Prior to SMs disappears BM and SM were living in a multi-million dollar home, they were soon to be empty-nesters, and like you said it was the most expensive home they've ever owned. SM wasn't working so its not like there's a sudden huge loss of income for the family, so what's the need to suddenly downgrade BMs lifestyle? There's a huge vast difference between the current house and moving back in with the folks (and trust me no judgement there, I live with my bestie to save money during school but I also dont have the option to buy a million-dollar home)

Also I had an ungodly amount of reading/homework to do this week so Im still behind and slowly catching up on the thread... have we learned any more about the important documents PE were given during the search? Part of me wonders if it may be related. Thank you in advance if for and update and apologies if this was discussed Ad nauseam

........also if there's anything important I missed in the last 4-5 days while Ive been stuck in Law Library de Jackie, that some kind soul wants to recap me on it would be greatly appreciated, but is not necessary if its a whole thing :cool:

An 'as is' home sell can mean that the seller has no intention of fixing anything found during inspection. Somewhat common if the home is vacant or the seller currently lives out of state. The time or financial means may not be there to quickly rectify repairs to satisfy the buyer; and sometimes it's just petty stuff that is found. If that is the case and a potential buyer wants certain inspection items fixed, the seller can just take a dollar amount off of the price if both parties agree. Of course I'm still very curious if LE did major demolition in their searches. I do wonder if BM even sleeps there anymore.

Discrepancy re Square Footage?
I also noticed that the square footage on the new listing (3,256) is 55 sf less than that of the listing when the Morphew's bought the home (3,311). That's only about 7 ft by 8 ft, so maybe that is the crawl space and the sellers in the earlier listing included it in square footage.
@Diddian Good catch. W different measurement methods, I can imagine a difference of 55sf. Easily in 3200 + house .
Before laser measuring tapes? Unfortunate agents trying to control those unwieldy, flimsy, noisy, bendy, snap-close-and-bite-your-hand tapes. Ah the good old days.

CO Real Est Commission issued SQUARE FOOTAGE DISCLOSURE forms for home sales, mandatory as of Jan 2020.

========================================================================
The agent or broker completes to advise s/he measured, the resulting footage, and methodology/manner or formula (such as, Exterior measurement, FHA, ANSI, Local standard or other), then dates and signs.
Alternatively, if not personally measuring, provides the footage, w date & source of same (Prior appraisal, Building plans, Assessor’s office, other), then date & sign. Both Buyer & Seller date & sign. Seems like a good idea.
Square Footage Disclosure.pdf

Last edited:
Huh. To me, that looks quite similar to the metal frame of a lawn swing, without the canopy attached - at a side view angle. I just took the canopy and cushions off mine yesterday, and it looks like a very similar design shape as the one in my back yard.

Side by side comparison. Thoughts?
Now that you blew it up, it looks like a display for ELK ANTLERS!!! LOL

Barry Morphew Sits Downs With CBS4 Nearly 6 Months Since His Wife's Disappearance

SABBM:

He shared a letter Suzanne wrote to him in February for Valentines Day. It’s the last note he has from her.

“I remember the first kiss you gave me at my front door. I remember our long talks in the dark on the golf course between the 3rd tee and the green. I remember the day you asked me to marry you, you gave me flowers in Castletin. I remember the day you held me when I just found out I had cancer… I remember our wedding day and the way you made me feel so beautiful. I remember the days our girls were born and you were right there to hold my hand and rub my back and encourage me through the pain. I remember the February nights, you held me in 2013 when I was so sick and couldn’t sleep. I remember all the beautiful and difficult we had- so many, Through each one I know our love has grown stronger. You are my love 4ever.”

Looks like BM's borrowing another page out of RT's playbook.

RT pulled out a bunch of notes that Barbara had written him to show the reporters, too…laid 'em all out on the coffee table, as I recall.

It's a way to deflect attention away from the subject of the interview, which is the disappearance of a missing wife.

Maybe if SM had gone missing on Valentine's Day this note would have relevance.
But she didn't go missing on V-Day.
It's completely irrelevant.

Distraction. Diversion.

Nice try, BM, but let's stay on topic, shall we?

"WHERE IS YOUR WIFE?"

JMO.

Last edited:
Barry Morphew Sits Downs With CBS4 Nearly 6 Months Since His Wife's Disappearance

SABBM:

We asked Barry why he didn’t join the search. He said it was because he had already spent months doing the same with close friends. He no longer believes she’s in the area. He also added Moorman never reached out to him directly about the search despite repeated attempts to contact him personally.

Barry said his brother-in-law hasn’t cared to reach out to his sister in the past and questioned his motives.

“I’ve spent many nights… Suzanne crying on my shoulder, asking why her siblings refuse to show her love,” said Barry.
I just can’t!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member