Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be more to this story... hopefully they are just playing this out and they will arrest Abbott tomorrow...

Do you think they would have resumed the inquest and wasted more of our taxpayer money, not to mention the coronial court's time, if they are going to turn around and arrest Abbott? It doesn't seem as though their witnesses today did anything to advance such an arrest.

I am not sure that I am convinced that they would do that.

I would think they would adjourn the inquest. It is not as if he is going to run anywhere, he is in prison.

Last edited:
Geez, back to the drawing board? :confused:

No one has been ruled out in William Tyrrell investigation, inquest hears

The man in charge of the William Tyrrell investigation says no one has been eliminated as being involved in the three-year-old's disappearance.

"We haven't closed a door on anybody," Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw told the inquest.

"There could still be info out there that they could be involved."

That includes elderly neighbour Paul Savage, convicted sex offender Frank Abbott and even those closest to William.

Geez, back to the drawing board? :confused:

No one has been ruled out in William Tyrrell investigation, inquest hears

The man in charge of the William Tyrrell investigation says no one has been eliminated as being involved in the three-year-old's disappearance.

"We haven't closed a door on anybody," Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw told the inquest.

"There could still be info out there that they could be involved."

That includes elderly neighbour Paul Savage, convicted sex offender Frank Abbott and even those closest to William.
Laidlaw wont be finding it ...take another 5 yrs

Do you think they would have resumed the inquest and wasted more of our taxpayer money, not to mention the coronial court's time, if they are going to turn around and arrest Abbott? It doesn't seem as though their witnesses today did anything to advance such an arrest.

I am not sure that I am convinced that they would do that.

I would think they would adjourn the inquest. It is not as if he is going to run anywhere, he is in prison.

I agree.. I did consider this after I pushed post! I’m just at a loss to see where this is heading and what they are trying to obtain at current...

Fiery exchange as Tyrrell inquest draws to an end
A woman who heard a startling sound after William Tyrrell disappeared had a fiery exchange with her paedophile neighbour at the toddler’s inquest.
Dramatic scenes erupted in court on the penultimate day of the William Tyrrell inquest as a woman who heard a child’s scream from the bush the day after the boy disappeared told her paedophile neighbour “You know something”.
On Wednesday, he confronted his former neighbour, Anna Baker, over her evidence that she had heard a child scream in the bush the day after William went missing.

The skirmish played out remotely in the Lidcombe courtroom as Abbott, appearing over video, questioned Baker, who had phoned into court to face his follow-up questions.
The exchange became tense as Abbott suggested she could not have heard a scream coming from his place

“I heard the noise coming from the bush. Not your place,” she said.

“You’re the only person close to that bush. And you’re a paedophile.

“You know something, Frank Abbott.”

When Abbott protested he wanted to find William, saying “I’m in the same boat as you”, Ms Baker shot back, “I’m not in your boat mate”.

‘You know something’: Dramatic accusation at Tyrrell inquest

e6b4f7ab401a71b431c8c45313a9c3bf

Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw said when
he took over the investigation from former detective
Gary Jubelin (pictured) in early 2019, he chose not to do a handover.

‘You know something’: Dramatic accusation at Tyrrell inquest

He wasn't listed for this week, as I understand, but I was hoping for next friday - maybe that won't happen either.

If not - why tf was he allowed to listen in - or do they plan to arrest him?
If he doesn't get to testify that would just be the most bizarre thing considering a lot of the testimony focused on him.

IMO

William Tyrell inquest wraps up
The inquest into the disappearance of William Tyrrell from the NSW mid-north coast will wrap up evidence later today.

It has been six years since the three-year-old vanished from Kendall and no one has ever been arrested or charged.

The inquest into the boy's suspected murder will hear statements from his foster and biological families before finalising almost two years of hearings.

Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw told the court yesterday the team working to find out what happened to the boy has been reduced from 26 to just five investigators
Live: NSW Now: COVID-19 alert for Milsons Point restaurant which didn't sign in all diners

William Tyrell inquest wraps up
The inquest into the disappearance of William Tyrrell from the NSW mid-north coast will wrap up evidence later today.

It has been six years since the three-year-old vanished from Kendall and no one has ever been arrested or charged.

The inquest into the boy's suspected murder will hear statements from his foster and biological families before finalising almost two years of hearings.

Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw told the court yesterday the team working to find out what happened to the boy has been reduced from 26 to just five investigators
Live: NSW Now: COVID-19 alert for Milsons Point restaurant which didn't sign in all diners

I wonder if they are clearing a shelf in the cold case storage area right now. And arranging Laidlaw's retirement party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson