CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, roughly.

Discovery pg 737, PDF pg 650:

... responded to the Lazy Dog Sports Bar and Grill located at 3100 Village Vista
Drive in Erie, Colorado. On 08/11/18 CHRIS WATTS and NICHOL KESSINGER ate dinner there sometime between 1700 and 2200 hours. It was reported that WATTS spent approximately $60 on a salmon dinner.

Apologies stand corrected got mixed up with the bank balance- remember thinking wow 1800 that must have been one hell of a night....

Everything that CW says is probably a lie. She probably went to sleep and he killed her. I am sure that CW would have had defensive wounds if he had not waited for her to be asleep.

Didn't the cadaver dogs identify that the children had been killed in the house? Based on the show, it sounded like CW killed the girls at the oil tanker site.
No, they did not.

Monstrous dad Chris Watts was signaled to make up a story by his mother prior to pleading guilty to the murder of his pregnant wife and two daughters

Exclusive Prison Visit with the Colorado Killer Chris Watts and His Last 3 Living Relatives to Debut Oct. 23
I don't see how. My understanding is that they were not allowed to visit him before his guilty plea. I'll see if I can find the court documents to support this.

A very closely monitored meeting before the hearing.
see - https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/LETTER TO COURT.pdf

I would also like to remind posters that the paternal grandparents were granted victim status by the court - https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/ORDER CONCERNING VICTIM RIGHTS FOR PATERNAL GRANDPARENTS C-26.pdf

I am very interested to know when these meetings took place, so thank you for the heads up!

Last edited:
My own recollection is that Chris would not talk to the family that whole time between his first confession on about August 15 and the plea deal in November. IE his choice. And, that while in jail he had nearly accepted a call from his father, or had been cut off and not returned the call, or had missed that call altogether.
Then, the family each got 1/2 hour of live screen time with him before the sentencing, according to my recollection. If he had wanted to change his mind, that would have been plenty of time. The gory, grisly, unfathomable details of what he did to his family he related in detail later. IIRC he did not even tell his own family before he met with CBI, FBI, Frederick Police to drop the bombshell that he had taken the girls alive to the tanks, nearly an hour drive, to snuff their lives out just a few minutes before stuffing them, while still warm, into the tanks. And that he had perched them with their feet on top of their dead mother in the back seat of the truck, and that Bella had claimed that something smelled badly.
As far as I know the only way he can appeal now is to claim inadequate representation, whatever the correct term is. However, IIRC, if he were able to finagle an appeal on those grounds, then all correspondence, paperwork, and recorded conversations between him and those attorneys would be open to discovery. Including, most likely, the confession he made to his attorneys in early September, per his recorded interview on Feb 18 2019 with CBI, FBI, and Frederick police. He said, after confessing to his public defenders in early September 2018, they told him they would fight for him in any way he wanted, ie to trial, but he decided to accept the plea deal to avoid the death penalty.

Last edited:
Fine, let him appeal. Give him a trial.. Probably will be the quickest verdict of "guilty", in the history of jury deliberations. And a record breaking time for a death penalty decision.

Even people who don't believe in the death penalty, Probably won't have a problem with this one. He admits he killed his family. No question about guilt. He killed his two daughters, under the age of four. The most defenseless, children.

Having his hottie GF on the stand, asking her about the sexy pictures she sent to him, should go over well with the jury.

Fine, let him appeal. Give him a trial.. Probably will be the quickest verdict of "guilty", in the history of jury deliberations. And a record breaking time for a death penalty decision.

Even people who don't believe in the death penalty, Probably won't have a problem with this one. He admits he killed his family. No question about guilt. He killed his two daughters, under the age of four. The most defenseless, children.

Having his hottie GF on the stand, asking her about the sexy pictures she sent to him, should go over well with the jury.
I don't think they can still give the DP in Colorado, someone local could clear that up. I just don't see how he could get off. Presumably the FBI/CBI have saved the taped confession-interview from Feb 2019.
I doubt he would even squirm in court, seeing the videos of how his children looked after he desecrated them.

I think the DA made it quite clear that eventhough Colorado has the Death Penalty, it would never be used - I suppose they can always make an exception, who knows. Even if the DP was given, there would be years and years of appeals and this would never be over. I have my doubts about the appeal thing BTW.

I don't know if this has already been discussed but in the Netflix documentary, in the scene where the first police officer is talking to Chris in his home- when they FIRST start looking and questioning him, the camera pans to the back green room and you can see a child in there... did anyone notice this? It happens at around 7 minutes

I don't know if this has already been discussed but in the Netflix documentary, in the scene where the first police officer is talking to Chris in his home- when they FIRST start looking and questioning him, the camera pans to the back green room and you can see a child in there... did anyone notice this? It happens at around 7 minutes

I think that child is the child of the friend of Shanann's, who insisted on the "well check" for Shanann. It is pretty amazing, I think that she must have had some sense about Shanann. I don't think that I have any friends who would be that insistent for a "well check" for me, the absolute same day I was missing.

Yes... that is the kid of the friend. Very brave that day... both of them.
Nickole's son was pretty amazing, too. He was the one who found Shanann's cellphone hidden under a pillow on the couch. In the video you can see the guilt on Chris's face, and the suspicion in Nickole's eyes when she glances at him after her son hands her the phone.

Nickole's son was pretty amazing, too. He was the one who found Shanann's cellphone hidden under a pillow on the couch. In the video you can see the guilt on Chris's face, and the suspicion in Nickole's eyes when she glances at him after her son hands her the phone.

What a helpful child! I am sure that CW was just totally freaking out. He wasn't ready for the police department that fast. Or for the neighbor to basically have every move he made on video.

I realize that I'm a bit late to the game. I followed this case from the beginning until the end of the trial. I left it because I was so disgusted and sick at what Chris Watts had done. I decided to watch this American Murder because it reportedly had much more details. Yes, it did. And now, I feel even more sick and disgusted than before.

Is it just me or does Chris's girlfriend seem totally uncaring and almost flippant while talking about Shanann and the little girls?
I felt the same way and then saw her pics that she posted and felt she was self absorbed and she probably didn’t care IMO

I realize that I'm a bit late to the game. I followed this case from the beginning until the end of the trial. I left it because I was so disgusted and sick at what Chris Watts had done. I decided to watch this American Murder because it reportedly had much more details. Yes, it did. And now, I feel even more sick and disgusted than before.

I could not follow here because of the treatment she received - I’ve now watched it twice and pick up new things each time so will likely watch it again- even now, some continue to criticize her and it is so unfair
JMO

OCTOBER 7, 202012:43PM

Killer dad Chris Watts reveals sick details of how he murdered his family

Chris Watts has revealed the grisly details of exactly how he killed his pregnant wife and two daughters in a letter from prison.
Killer dad Chris Watts revealed grisly details of his pregnant wife’s murder in a bombshell prison letter, according to reports.

Watts, 35, reportedly detailed the gruesome slaying of Shanann Watts in one of his prison letters – and he also revealed that he’d been thinking about killing her for “weeks.”, The Sun reports.
He reportedly wrote that he surreptitiously gave Shanann the opiate painkiller Oxycodone to kill their unborn child, telling Cadle: “I thought it would be easier to be with Nichol if Shanann wasn’t pregnant.”

Describing her death, Watts wrote: “When she started to get drowsy, I somehow knew how to squeeze the jugular veins until it cut off the blood flow to her brain, and she passed out.”
“I knew if I took my hands off of her, she would still keep me from Nikki. They asked me why she couldn’t fight back, it’s because she couldn’t fight back.
Killer dad reveals sick details of murders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member