Found Deceased FL - Tracey Lynn Rieker, 44, Venice, 30 Sept 2020

I Just seen this on my Youtube recommendations. It has been a week since her disappearence, No one has seen the vehicle, and I find it odd that the husband seems to be smiling in this interview. Looking over the area in google maps around this Sleepy Turtle Preserve North, appears to be off Border Road in the same city. The park is right on the southern side of the Myakka State Park, and is on same river. There are lots of hiding places throughout this region.
Yes, tons of places!

Steadfast Investigations of Sarasota
2 Oct
Steadfast Investigations of Sarasota
Lawyer & Law Firm

Please help us find this Venice woman. Tracey Rieker has been missing since the evening of 9/30.
Our Steadfast investigations of Sarasota team will be out in force trying to locate her.
Please call or message 941.228.9008 at anytime if you know the whereabouts of Tracey or her vehicle

There has been a BOLO for her car for the entire state for probably 3 or more days and no credible sightings. There are signs on the interstate and an alert went out at least locally. The car is a weird color green. It's distinctive.

I just want to add... A few things don't add up. 1, out of all the women you know, how many of them would leave their kids behind, 2, she is driving away from the house... why would she leave her purse with all her money, drivers license and credit cards, and 3. leave her cell phone behind, she can turn off the cell phone if it was a situation and she didn't want to be found, while sneaking out in the middle of the night?? None of it makes sense to me, think about it.

The family is watching this thread. They posted screenshots yesterday on facebook trying to explain inconsistencies and then deleted. Probably because it looks bad to lay all the information out like that. I hope they know all anyone wants is to find Tracey and have her home safe with her daughter. Investigators have to look at everyone she knows. It's not personal. It's part of the game. Since men half the time are the perpetrators of violence and murderer of their wives or significant others, it would be irresponsible of the deputies to not look at him and rule him out. I understand wanting to protect him, but I'm sure he knows and wants to be ruled out as a suspect in her disappearance.

Nobody means ill will. The amount of support to find her is amazing and I hope it works. The family can take solace in the fact that thousands of strangers care. The more eyes out the better.

The family is watching this thread. They posted screenshots yesterday on facebook trying to explain inconsistencies and then deleted. Probably because it looks bad to lay all the information out like that. I hope they know all anyone wants is to find Tracey and have her home safe with her daughter. Investigators have to look at everyone she knows. It's not personal. It's part of the game. Since men half the time are the perpetrators of violence and murderer of their wives or significant others, it would be irresponsible of the deputies to not look at him and rule him out. I understand wanting to protect him, but I'm sure he knows and wants to be ruled out as a suspect in her disappearance.

Nobody means ill will. The amount of support to find her is amazing and I hope it works. The family can take solace in the fact that thousands of strangers care. The more eyes out the better.
Yes we are all watching and caring about her - let LE eliminate those closest to her and find out what has happened - on WS we see way too many missing women cases and the killers end up being close to home .. get that out of the way first IMO

Venice Police Department
****24-HOUR TIP LINE NOW OPEN****
It’s been nearly a week since Tracey went missing and her family needs her back home. We are asking anyone with information about her whereabouts to contact us. We’ve opened a tip line at 941-882-7654

120734847_674146083214305_7656652553706335150_o.jpg

There has been a BOLO for her car for the entire state for probably 3 or more days and no credible sightings. There are signs on the interstate and an alert went out at least locally. The car is a weird color green. It's distinctive.
Maybe he or someone he knows rented a storage unit recently and stored the vehicle in there knowing no one will find it??

It doesn't make sense. A woman is not going to leave her greastest asset behind, her kids. and why wouldn't she take her wallet? You need your ID/Drivers license, you keep money in your wallet, and the question is, Did she take her purse but leave her cell phone and wallet behind? and Why is the key point showing that she left her wallet and cell phone?? What kind of drug could you slowly administer to someone to make them delirious or delusional? What would cause her to want to sneak out in the middle of the night?? What happened in the home, that he would say the last time he seen her was @ 3am? He states that she frequented beaches and parks to spread the word of God. With the beaches always having lots of foot traffic, there should be some sort of surveillance of her vehicle leading up to those points to confirm this statement. State Parks are going to have less foot traffic, why would anyone go there to try and convert anyone. I went to Sleepy Turtle Preserve North, and when I got there, there was only 2 other cars, and when I walked the trail, I only seen 1 person. When I was leaving, 2 more people showed up, so people are not knocking anyone down to get into places like this. Another thing, Why hasn't anyone spotted this SUV anywhere? Without money, it will surely run out of gas. He doesn't mention if she took cash with her when she left, and if she did, where did the cash come from? There are so many loose ends in this case <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he or someone he knows rented a storage unit recently and stored the vehicle in there knowing no one will find it??

In cases where the car is also missing, I always suspect bodies of water first and foremost. If she took off driving in the wee morning hours (especially if she had not been getting lots of sleep) it seems possible to me she fell asleep behind the wheel and ended up in one of Florida's many bodies of water undetected.
The kids are in the older age range (as reported), so to me, it would be harder for Dad to lie about the car or mom's whereabouts. The mention of lacking sleep and talking to people at the beach about religion sounds as if there could be a mental health issue at play. I am sure LE would interview others close to her (besides the husband) to ensure he is painting an accurate picture of his wife's behavior before she went missing.
Really hoping she is off the grid somewhere and checks in with her family sooner rather than later.

When someone disappears in the middle of the night without taking their cell phone to be tracked, it is usually foul play close to home, the need to get away for some time, or self harm. I feel that there is not enough information to form a solid opinion yet. JMO

It doesn't make sense. A woman is not going to leave her greastest asset behind, her kids. and why wouldn't she take her wallet? You need your ID/Drivers license, you keep money in your wallet, and the question is, Did she take her purse but leave her cell phone and wallet behind? and Why is the key point showing that she left her wallet and cell phone?? What kind of drug could you slowly administer to someone to make them delirious or delusional? What would cause her to want to sneak out in the middle of the night?? What happened in the home, that he would say the last time he seen her was @ 3am? He states that she frequented beaches and parks to spread the word of God. With the beaches always having lots of foot traffic, there should be some sort of surveillance of her vehicle leading up to those points to confirm this statement. State Parks are going to have less foot traffic, why would anyone go there to try and convert anyone. I went to Sleepy Turtle Preserve North, and when I got there, there was only 2 other cars, and when I walked the trail, I only seen 1 person. When I was leaving, 2 more people showed up, so people are not knocking anyone down to get into places like this. Another thing, Why hasn't anyone spotted this SUV anywhere? Without money, it will surely run out of gas. He doesn't mention if she took cash with her when she left, and if she did, where did the cash come from? There are so many loose ends in this case, and the husband does not look a bit heart broken... And for heaven sakes, he's not even showing any kind of remorse, he doesn't appear to even shed crocodile tears and futhermore, in his interview at Sleepy Turtle Preserve North, actually looks like a grin or smile he is fighting back.... I don't know, something smells fishy.

I agree with this not passing the sniff test. She left her purse as well as her phone, wallet, and glasses.

In cases where the car is also missing, I always suspect bodies of water first and foremost. If she took off driving in the wee morning hours (especially if she had not been getting lots of sleep) it seems possible to me she fell asleep behind the wheel and ended up in one of Florida's many bodies of water undetected.
The kids are in the older age range (as reported), so to me, it would be harder for Dad to lie about the car or mom's whereabouts. The mention of lacking sleep and talking to people at the beach about religion sounds as if there could be a mental health issue at play. I am sure LE would interview others close to her (besides the husband) to ensure he is painting an accurate picture of his wife's behavior before she went missing.
Really hoping she is off the grid somewhere and checks in with her family sooner rather than later.
I agree with the missing car and water.
That is always one of my first thoughts, especially if she really did leave at 3 AM
Was she upset, angry, tired ??
Anyone of those plus driving at night time can lead to an accident and with all the bodies of water in Florida, I would be checking them all.
Of course, then there is always a side eye to the last one to have seen her or been with her.

When someone disappears in the middle of the night without taking their cell phone to be tracked, it is usually foul play close to home, the need to get away for some time, or self harm. I feel that there is not enough information to form a solid opinion yet. JMO
There is not enough information being shared. Think of the area specified in the report. She frequented beaches in the area, he mentions Lido beach and Bradenton Beach. He mentions nature parks in the area and Englewood and North Port. If we break that down into distance, that is roughly 116 total miles or 432 square miles of search space. I believe the husband at this point of her missing since September 30th at 3 oclock in the morning, seems a bit vague and is not inclined in finding his wife. With no money (cash or credit) on a full tank of 21.1gal @ 22mpg that is 464ml. Yes, if she went straight north, she would make it almost to Atl Ga. But if she stayed inside the state, as if heading back to California ( I-75 to I-10 ), then she would have only made it to Holt, Fl in between Yellow River Management Area & Blackwater River State Forrest, and that is if she was trying to get away... but if she was trying to get away, why would she leave her kids behind?? If she was just trying to get away, How come the vehicle hasn't been spotted even though this has been on the news for a week or so, with the license plate number being posted to interstate signs? And if it was self harm, anyone wanting to kill themselves is not going to hide in the woods to do it, determined folks, just do it, but that would raise the issue, why would she harm her children?? Killing yourself is not just harming yourself, its harming everyone involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back