GUILTY DE - Smyrna, Wht/HispFemale, 2-5, 'Baby Elle', ball field, 13 Sept 2019 - Emma Cole *arrests*

Last shot, wiki. rbbm.
Smyrna, Delaware - Wikipedia
''The racial makeup of the town was 72.88% White, 22.42% African American, 0.51% Native American, 0.56% Asian, 0.07% Pacific Islander, 1.44% from other races, and 2.11% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.42% of the population.

There were 2,114 households, out of which 36.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.9% were married couples living together, 18.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.8% were non-families. 24.9% of all households were made up of individuals, and 10.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.56 and the average family size was 3.02.''

God, these cases are depressing; it's usually why I don't post much on missing/murdered children.

Would people have been allowed to congregate on these playing fields on July 4? And if they were would they have had bonfires? There has to be a reason why no one would have been suspicious of a fire burning in a field. Or am I wrong in thinking that the child was already deceased and burned in the field instead of being deceased and burned in an alternate location then the remains brought over to the playing fields?

As far as the indication of chronic illnesses, would malnutrition be considered a chronic illness or a side effect of neglect? And could you tell the difference?

I think I'm in agreement with others that this poor little girl is possibly from either an undocumented family or a poor family that couldn't afford medical help for a chronic illness. Either way, it's unconscionable to dispose of a child in such a manner.

Can children be born in the US without ever being documented? Even if their parents are bona fide citizens?

God, these cases are depressing; it's usually why I don't post much on missing/murdered children.

Can children be born in the US without ever being documented? Even if their parents are bona fide citizens?
If it was a home birth, then I imagine it would be possible, if unlikely in this day and age.

Would people have been allowed to congregate on these playing fields on July 4? And if they were would they have had bonfires? There has to be a reason why no one would have been suspicious of a fire burning in a field. Or am I wrong in thinking that the child was already deceased and burned in the field instead of being deceased and burned in an alternate location then the remains brought over to the playing fields?

As far as the indication of chronic illnesses, would malnutrition be considered a chronic illness or a side effect of neglect? And could you tell the difference?

I think I'm in agreement with others that this poor little girl is possibly from either an undocumented family or a poor family that couldn't afford medical help for a chronic illness. Either way, it's unconscionable to dispose of a child in such a manner.

BBM.
Re: Chronic Illness and malnutrion. That's a great question. There are conditions that cause malnutrition, and some of them would show up in an autopsy but I don't know what in particiular. For instance, GI problems...Celiac, Crohn's, things that cause GI inflammation. Fructose Malabsorption can cause malnutrition. Certain food allergy could prevent absorbtion.

As for documentation: It would be difficult to be born without documentation but certainly not impossible. For a homebirth, the midwife usually files the paperwork for a birth certificate and social security number, much like it is done at a hospital. But of course not every birth is attended by a professional, and not every professional is ethical.

Baby girl, I'm so glad DNA is solving this and bringing your name back to you.

(Maybe I'll be changing my avatar sooner than I expected. These investigators are doing great work.)

But I will stay here all the way through answers or justice.

Wonderful! Good things happen when different jurisdictions work together. Imagine if all the other child cold cases had teams who joined together to solve their mystery.

Snip:
Donner said detectives, who are being helped by the FBI, are still executing search warrants, processing evidence and conducting interviews.

"If and when the persons of interest are transferred to our custody, we will announce their full details as well as any crimes they are being charged with," Donner said.

Donner told Delaware Online/The News Journal in April that investigators performed "multiple different forensic tests to include creating a DNA profile for comparison purposes."

This is amazing. But I wonder really what happened. If she had a chronic illness and if she died on her poor caretakers, I don't think they should be charged. If they intentionally did this (Which I think is more likely, as the chronic illness may have been from abuse) then they should learn a lesson, and a HARD one.

This made me tear up!!! I’ve been following this case since the beginning. I can’t put into words how happy I am to hear that she may be able to go home soon. ❤️
I am right there with you! Happy news in an unhappy situation, this baby deserves her name to be heard because people DO care about her & love her. People who never knew her, like us here at WS, want her to have a proper burial & justice if the case calls for it, which IMO it does even if it is only for the burning of her remains!

Wow! I'm so relieved to read that there is a break with this beautiful little girl. I've always wondered who she is and what happened to her. It seems we are very close to finding out. I really didn't think it would take over year.

I think her caretakers should be charged with crimes. They didn't seek proper medical care for her, and let's be realistic, she was probably neglected or abused, and that's why no one in her family has come forward.

Hopefully we will know soon enough, but curious right now in which state the pois have been located. Glad LE has stated upfront that if and when the perps are revealed, they will provide their full details. rbbm.
Persons of interest detained in connection with ‘Baby Elle,’ a tot found dead near Delaware softball field
rbbm.
''Delaware Online reports that authorities said “persons of interest” were arrested out of state. Investigators have not released their names.

The persons of interest are currently being held by the FBI while investigators obtain more information and execute search warrants for additional evidence.''

“If and when the persons of interest are transferred to our custody, we will announce their full details as well as any crimes they are being charged with,” Donner said.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back