Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts and questions are all about that dang BOBCAT.

1.Was it taken to job in Bloomfield by BM and towed back with BM upon return because of family emergency?

2.Was a BOBCAT needed for wall repair job on MD?

3.WTH was the BOBCAT not taken for testing by whomever?

4.Does BM have more than one BOBCAT?

LE has answers to all four questions. We do not. IMO

You have to call out the Guardianship Petition by name. That was truly shocking, I don't care if it was a timely practical and/or legal necessity or not, it wouldn't be a priority for me if Mr. Knox went recently missing. Consequences be damned.
And I’m convinced that call to the IN guardianship lawyer is important to the timeline - as I mentioned in the last thread we are 2-3 weeks in preparation upon receipt of retainer
JMO

yes its usually 30 days, but it can be extended as long as the court deems its necessary or even indefinitely if they feel its appropriate

Thanks for the reply :) one more question would LE specify to the court which areas they want to look at or would the court limit the areas based on what LE have provided in the process of requesting the warrant?
(sorry for the dopey question and TY for taking the time to answer me :))

partly dbm :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My .02 is that the only timeline I'd trust is the one LE are putting together -- via phone pings of BM and possibly others; and gps/computer data.
And we're not going to see that anytime soon.
Hope I'm wrong about the previous sentence !
I agree LK. Law Enforcement will nail down the timeline using phone pings, vehicle GPS data etc., and I too hope we will get to see all the evidence LE has amassed, sooner rather than later. But realistically without a body, this case will take a little longer to solve and bring resolution to, sigh. Patience. But just going off of BM’s behavior and statements since Suzanne disappeared (no need to list them all here again, many astute WS’ers have already pointed out), don’t register as those of an innocent Husband desperate to find their missing Wife, and raises all kinds of red flags to me. I’ve been married for about as long as BM & SM, and if I were ever to go missing and came home to find out my Husband behaved as BM has, I’d be hurt & absolutely appalled!, and probably file for divorce in short order.

BM still, after 5 months, has not expressed how much he loves Suzanne, misses her, wants to find her and bring her home, see justice served to whomever is responsible etc. No, instead it’s all about HIM and how this “thing” has affected HIM. Gross. And so disrespectful to Suzanne.

BM overall behavior since SM disappearance is definitely suspicious to say the least, and speaks volumes! (loud & clear).

He’s either guilty or he’s the worse Husband on planet earth.

IMHO

#Find Suzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
In my opinion, LE have full access to:

1. precise GPS data from the Ford truck
2. precise GPS data from the Bobcat loader
3. an enormous amount of cell phone data including ping data, call data, text data and actual text contents
4. Statements of anyone and everyone that BM called, or who called BM, between may 8-12, 2020.
5. minimum of four highway traffic cameras, coming and going
6. three speed cameras on I 25 through downtown Denver
7. numerous hotel security cameras, both interior and parking lot
8. numerous business security cameras
9. LE recording of the exact time of arrival at CR 225 just off US 50
10. all e-mail accounts of BM
11. all financial transactions of BM and SM
12. All social media, including email and messaging
13. all home security data and imaging

It is highly probably that LE had examined very little bit of this by the time of the slab (or beach) search. However, more than four months have passed since since that search concluded with no connection to this investigation being found. That property was searched by independent cadaver dog less than two weeks ago, resulting in a second cadaver dog search with LE. Again, no connection to this investigation was found. The family home has been searched by the CBI first, and then the FBI several weeks later. While no results have been announced, the extensive photos published yesterday tend to reveal an intact dwelling, right down to photographs in uniquely personal locations.

There is literally "mountains of evidence" piled up in this case, yet it does not appear that an arrest is imminent. In his ONLY news conference, Sheriff Spezze described that the investigation would start at the house and expand outward. I would like to believe that is the plan, and LE is still doing just that (expanding outward).
IMO

Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff

IMO
That a great list Dave, very through.

But if LE had precise data from his truck, bobcat and an enormous amount from his cell. We'd likely know where Suzanne was by now or Barry would be sitting in jail.
IMO, LE has the border pieces of the puzzle all framed up, but only a few pieces in the center mass.

They aren't going to bring this to trial and risk double jeopardy.

Given the new timeline, where both BM and his Bobcat are not accounted for, is it possible that Suzanne was hidden twice?

For example taken from the home in a cooler, buried by Bobcat between 11:30/12:30 and 4 am.... BM checks into hotel after, brings tools in, cleans them, maybe cleans a cooler. Takes a nap. Awakens in a panic, realizing his hiding spot is jeopardized, for reasons we don't yet know, beats out of there, maybe even thinking he can get back to the hotel. Returns to his earlier site, unburies her, burying her elsewhere. Many places a guy with a Bobcat could work without attracting notice.

Was anyone around on Mother's Day to notice if "work" was done in Salida at the jobsite, or in Longhorn, at the proposed entrance to the development, or sites we don't know about?

I'm reminded that, even as late as the AA/AW in the Stauch case, LE had vehicle data leading them to believe that the stepmurderer, when her vehicle paused for 5 minutes along a certain stretch of road, left the young boy's body. When LE got there, after data came in, they theorized animal must have dispersed his remains. Only later did we ALL learn together, that she'd been to that location previously, leaving his body, only to return in another car (the 5 minute stop), to PICK his body up, driving him across many state lines to throw him over a bridge overpass.

Is it possible that Suzanne was in fact buried at the river lot (or somewhere else known or unknown to us), and removed/relocated Sunday during the day, while his crew was waiting, confused, in Broomfield?

Busy Bobcat transferring cadeverine all over hill and dale....

I'd really like to know about BM's appearance on Sunday, when he showed up at the scene of the bike.

Ishy fishy.

JMO

Last edited:
The Frazee case was spectacularly unusual, as the arrest affidavit wasn’t released until after the preliminary (probable cause) hearing.

That document is far more important than the search warrants, which provide the evidence that goes into the arrest affidavit.

So what I would expect to happen here, is that the arrest affidavit will be released at some point following an arrest, and well before the preliminary hearing, which is typically held a couple months later.

After the preliminary, I’d expect most of the search warrants to be uploaded to the court website, where we’ll have access to them.

So I’d expect this to go arrest, release of arrest affidavit, then preliminary hearing, then warrants.

BTW, the preliminary hearing is when the prosecution presents much of the evidence to a judge, and the judge decides if there is enough probable cause to move on to trial.

This hearing lays out the evidence in the affidavit, but also typically involves further revelations.

Thank You :)

Bringing forward
Time to drag out @OldCop timeline @OldCop@OldCop Is the Author
U
pdated timeline for the days surrounding SM’s disappearance. We are limiting the dates to those put forth by LE when they requested that area residents save their video footage: May 8-12, 2020.

Friday 5/8/20

Evening, exact time unknown:
-BM works at “beach area” at Salida dig site (MG)

Saturday 5/9/20

A.M.:
-BM & MG at Salida dig site. MG states BM was acting unusual. MG is supposed to rake out beach area that BM had worked on the night before. (MG). BM picked up MG (unverified) to bring her there.

11:00 a.m.:
-BM tells MG to go home. He tells her he has to go home to make wife “happy” and take her hiking or biking. (Did BM drop off MG?)

12:30 p.m. : (conflicting information, time not verified, could be later in the day, or even earlier)
-SM is talking with BFF on a message app or FB when suddenly she stops replying.

Afternoon, exact time unknown:
-BM makes contact with JP and hires him for a Broomfield job on Sunday. According to JP, this was an in person meeting in Salida.
-MG states that BM was seen shopping around town. (Unverified)

Morning or Afternoon or Evening, exact time unknown:
-SM’s bff receives texts that seem “unusual” from SM
-Friends of BM receive FB friend requests from SM per Andy around midnight

11:30 p.m.:
-A neighbor of a home being built in Salida hears heavy machinery running for about a half hour. BM has been hired to do prep work for a foundation pour at this site. This is the same site where he is also prepping the “beach area”. This is the job site that was later searched by FBI teams.

Sunday 5/10/20

5:00 a.m.:
-BM allegedly leaves SM sleeping and heads to a job in Broomfield, CO approximately 3 hours from his home in Maysville. The job allegedly consists of a repair to a wall that BM had completed the previous September and that had structural problems.

A.M. Exact time unknown:
-BM checks into the HIE in Broomfield.
-According to MG, BM contacts her and asks her to get a crew together to head to Broomfield for the job. MG stated that BM sounded like he had the worst night of his life. ?

Approximately Noontime:
-BM calls JP to confirm Broomfield job.

5:46 p.m.:
-SM is reported missing by a neighbor. SM’s daughters allegedly contacted her and said they were worried because they hadn’t been able to reach their mother. Exact details are unclear, but neighbor checked the house and did not find SM but noted her car was there. According to BM in his TD interview, the neighbor then contacted him and he asked her to go back and check if her bike was there. The neighbor checked, returned home, and called BM on her landline and told him the bike was gone. BM asked her to call LE.

Approximately 6:00 p.m.:
-LE arrives at the Morphew home where they are met by the neighbor who reportedly told them that SM had not returned from a bike ride.
-LE begins a search. Dog teams from the prison and County SAR teams are called in. (CCSO)
-BM started home to Maysville. (TD)

After 6:00 exact time unknown:
-JP, MG, and a third worker arrived at the HIE in Broomfield. It is not clear if all 3 travelled together. JP and MG both report that there was an intense smell of chlorine in the room and several wet towels on the floor. JP stated that it looked like someone had laid down on the bed, on top of the bedspread. MG stated that the bed looked like it had been slept in and remade.
-BM let workers know that he had left for a family emergency and that they were on their own. Workers allegedly found some of BM’s tools in a “hotel cart”. MG stated they looked like a bunch of tools from the back of BM’s truck. Both JP and MG indicated they had neither the correct tools nor the materials to do the job.

Sometime before 9:00 p.m. :
-LE allegedly finds SM’s bike down a hill about a quarter of a mile from her home. (Never verified by LE). There is no sign of SM. The Morphew home is allegedly sealed off.
-Friend(s) of BM arrive at search area (unverified)

Approximately 9:00 p.m.:
-BM arrives home.
-Friend(s) tell BM that SM’s bike was found and that LE mishandled the scene/evidence. (BM to TD)

(At some point, either Sunday night or Monday, volunteer firefighters were told not to participate in the official searches. BM told TD in a later video that his friend tried to stop LE from mishandling the evidence, which may have been the reason that they were not allowed to participate further.)

Monday 5/11/20

BM was seen at Poncha Market leaving the handwritten note on Tuesday 5/12.

The personal item ( helmet) was found Thursday 5/14.

Time unknown:
-Concrete foundation is poured at the Salida dig site.

A.M.:
-Search resumes after overnight break. Over 100 LE are eventually involved including LE on foot, drones, divers, aircraft, SAR, Swift Water Rescue units, and various canines.
-BM calls MG crying and tells her SM is missing and that either a mountain lion got her or she was abducted. He stated they were going up the mountain to search. He tells MG and JP to stay in Broomfield and wait for supplies to be delivered for the job.

PM.:
-AM arrives in town to help look for his sister, meets with BM and some friends, and they formulate a plan to search for SM the following day.

Tuesday 5/12/2020

A.M.:
-LE continue their search. No request for volunteers was made.
-BM, AM, and friends divide into teams to search. They were not allowed to search where LE was actively searching, but could cover area already searched. AM and BM we’re on separate teams. At one point, a member of AM’s team separated from the group. They backtracked to try to find him. He was later located back at the home where BM was staying. (On the following Thursday, 5/14/2020, a personal article belong to SM, was found about 20 yards from the trail where AM’s team was searching. Were they meant to find it? Was it placed there by the disappearing team member?)

Exact time unknown:
-MG, JP, and possibly one other person arrived back in Salida after no supplies were delivered to complete the job in Broomfield.
-MG was allegedly approached by two individuals connected to BM, (TN and GD), who told her she would not be paid for her time in Broomfield because it would look like hush, hush, money. MG also implied that she was asked not to cooperate with LE or turn over her phone.

8:00 p.m.:
-BM was observed by an employee of the Poncha Market digging in a trash can. (The market had closed at 7:00 p.m.) Upon being questioned, BM states he is looking for a bike helmet.

Shortly thereafter, BM taps on market window and when they let him in he stated that his wife was missing. When asked for a description he wrote a note on a crumbled receipt. The note said:

Baby Blue bike

helmet

Biking clothes

(No further description)

Helmet may be the personal item discovered on Thursday May 14 - LE has never confirmed this - PE episode
AM flew to Colorado on Monday 5/11. He says the next morning he went to see where bike was found. Then he says the next day ( would have been Wednesday 5/13) they went out searching. At 14:14 in PE video
---
By Tuesday or Wednesday, CCSO has asked CBI and FBI for assistance.

Updated timeline was constructed based on LE info, MSM reports, and suggestions from fellow WS’ers. All additional comments/corrections are welcome. We may have additional information to plug in after the search this week.
ETA- this is an older version so if any of you all want to help get this updated with the Nancy grace and other MSM that would be great -

Thanks for the reply :) one maybe two more questions if you don't mind :oops: - would there be restrictions placed on the warrant as to areas that could be looked at during the search of a property?
and
would LE specify to the court which areas they want to look at or would the court limit the areas based on what LE have provided in the process of requesting the warrant?
(sorry for the dopey questions and TY for taking the time to answer me :))
Seriously no need to apologize. Its good to ask questions, its good to inform yourself. In general a warrant is for a specific address so LE has the right to enter the property. LE can and should do a protective sweep of the property (entering all the rooms to make sure someone isnt waiting somewhere with a gun to hurt LE). so they can go in every room, but they cant necessarily search every room. officers may only search places where they might reasonably find the evidence. For example, officers searching for a rifle may not look in a small jewelry box. The test is whether its reasonable to think the specific item LE is looking for may be in that location.

I’m starting to think that the variation in MG’s “testimony” is because she has come clean with LE and is cooperating in order to reduce charges against her. I think she was more involved than we’ve been lead to believe. She’s the only one of this cast of characters that has up and moved out of the state. She’s also one person that was with BM Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. As far as I know, SM is the only other person that can say that (and Sunday is questionable for her).

Last edited:
Seriously no need to apologize. Its good to ask questions, its good to inform yourself. In general a warrant is for a specific address so LE has the right to enter the property. LE can and should do a protective sweep of the property (entering all the rooms to make sure someone isnt waiting somewhere with a gun to hurt LE). so they can go in every room, but they cant necessarily search every room. officers may only search places where they might reasonably find the evidence. For example, officers searching for a rifle may not look in a small jewelry box. The test is whether its reasonable to think the specific item LE is looking for may be in that location.

Thanks - you had answered previously but I kinda didn't read fully - was letting my dogs out before they thunder upstairs and pounce on the bed :eek::rolleyes::).
It's just the missing room pictures in the latest listing for the Puma Path house the garage/kitchen/utility/1 x bathroom/front door area iirc? and the search warrants (why I asked about restrictions to areas)- the fact that pics of these areas are not included could imply that there was a fair bit of damage done during the searches, so now I am wondering how long would it take to make the rooms look presentable? So if these pictures were left out of listing because of damage done during the searches and they were not presentable - when were these pictures taken and who by? If BM decided to sell this house 6 weeks ago - there would have been time to tidy/clean up if there was damage and make part of the rooms presentable but if this was a decision made back in May...well..not so much time... moo, jmo

ebm - said something that sounded the complete opposite of what i meant
ebm again - trying to explain what I mean and failing I think!

Last edited:
Bringing forward
Time to drag out @OldCop timeline @OldCop@OldCop Is the Author
U
pdated timeline for the days surrounding SM’s disappearance. We are limiting the dates to those put forth by LE when they requested that area residents save their video footage: May 8-12, 2020.

Friday 5/8/20

Evening, exact time unknown:
-BM works at “beach area” at Salida dig site (MG)

Saturday 5/9/20

A.M.:
-BM & MG at Salida dig site. MG states BM was acting unusual. MG is supposed to rake out beach area that BM had worked on the night before. (MG). BM picked up MG (unverified) to bring her there.

11:00 a.m.:
-BM tells MG to go home. He tells her he has to go home to make wife “happy” and take her hiking or biking. (Did BM drop off MG?)

12:30 p.m. : (conflicting information, time not verified, could be later in the day, or even earlier)
-SM is talking with BFF on a message app or FB when suddenly she stops replying.

Afternoon, exact time unknown:
-BM makes contact with JP and hires him for a Broomfield job on Sunday. According to JP, this was an in person meeting in Salida.
-MG states that BM was seen shopping around town. (Unverified)

Morning or Afternoon or Evening, exact time unknown:
-SM’s bff receives texts that seem “unusual” from SM
-Friends of BM receive FB friend requests from SM per Andy around midnight

11:30 p.m.:
-A neighbor of a home being built in Salida hears heavy machinery running for about a half hour. BM has been hired to do prep work for a foundation pour at this site. This is the same site where he is also prepping the “beach area”. This is the job site that was later searched by FBI teams.

RSBM
Are we adding the 1600 alleged sighting “grabbing a sandwich” recently shared via Dr. Phil by AM?

If usual suspect was with bobcat- he must either have had to use his truck that pulls it with the gps tracker (which means L.E. knows where the truck was) .... or a borrowed truck no GPS? Or.... drove the bobcat from its parking spot somewhere close? Or is this a hint of when he used it "...
11:30 p.m.: Sat
-A neighbor of a home being built in Salida hears heavy machinery running for about a half hour..........." I wonder how far from the river beach sand raked Andys crew searched? If anywhere. I think the noise heard could have been the burying or hiding. And a new search of site is called for. IMO
IMO

Well LE sure weren’t interested in digging up the beach area so they definitely aren’t going to tear up those people’s yard or driveway now without a very solid tip. I keep thinking what if she IS buried under the concrete slab and has been there all along? Unless someone confesses they will never destroy the floors of that new home after all that damage they already did. And if Suzanne is under that concrete but just in a different spot, that would explains BM’s arrogance. I wonder why the FBI only dug up the concrete and sifted through the dirt in that one location? What did they see there and why were they satisfied without digging up the whole foundation? Was a cadaver dog used there and that’s the only spot the dog hit on? I have watched several of the videos PE posted about cadaver dogs and the smell can drift or be off by several feet or more depending on the conditions. Or if it was because of ground penetrating radar did GPR locate an anomaly there?

I have always thought the machinery noise heard by the neighbor was important. It doesn’t take 30 minutes (or longer since she was woken up after it had already started) to load up a Bobcat. Add to that BM laid the dirt there on Friday and he knew the concrete was about to be poured. And his sketchy behavior on Saturday telling MG to rake the beach flat and sending her home early. Somehow all these events have got to be connected.

Could BM have killed Suzanne Friday night and the Saturday sighting of Suzanne getting a sandwich is wrong? Or was someone else? Could BM have been pretending to be Suzanne when texting with her friend and the conversation went into an area he couldn’t fake so he cut off the communication abruptly then tried to make it look like she was on FB later that night?

Could BM have been telling MG to rake the beach flat because he was going to bury Suzanne there without using the Bobcat but he got the better idea for a safer option to use his Bobcat and bury her deeply under where he knew the concrete was about to be poured? Hence the machinery noise late at night. Why did the FBI only dig up that small portion of the foundation? Does anyone remember who poured the concrete? Wasn’t BM seen working at the site again after Suzanne was missing? Was BM there when the concrete was poured?

We keep going back to the home and also that property. Do we have a false sense that Suzanne is not there because of the three day FBI excavation? If the FBI couldn’t find her then she couldn’t possibly be there? What if BM used an auger (? or whatever that attachment is that is used to plant trees or insert pilings) to dig a deep hole and put her in it vertically instead of horizontally -would GPR pick up anything? There were a lot of rocks packed into the dirt where the FBI dug. What if she was wrapped/bound very tightly and because she is so small anyway only the top of her head was visible by GPR and it looked like just another rock?

I feel like we are missing something obvious r/t BM hiding Suzanne’s body! We keep saying he is a landscaper and has the tools and know how to dispose of her in a way that she will never be found. Well he still could have done that at this location. If not under the concrete then what if he figured out how to bury her IN the river by the beach where the water is not very deep and cover her with rocks? Do we know if LE took their own cadaver dogs there to double check? Or did they just determine the other dog was not making a true non passive hit THREE times? How come they dug (barely) at the LHR site but not the beach site?

It’s such a shame if Suzanne’s remains are there somewhere but BM walks free because they were that close but didn’t follow through. “Shame” is not a strong enough word. Maybe travesty is better but I don’t want to sound like I’m bashing LE. I still have faith in LE but they are only human and things can be missed and have been missed in other cases. Someone said a long time ago that they wouldn’t want to live in that house because they would always wonder if Suzanne’s remains were under it or there somewhere on the property and I have to agree! :(

Also I forced myself to listen to NG after reading all these posts about it and in addition to the other discrepancies already brought up...why are we just now hearing that MG heard BM’s truck outside her home at 4 am? She knows it was him because she recognized the sound of his truck?! It didn’t sound like NG was buying this and I’m not sure I am either. Is she trying to explain why EVI data would show BM’s truck at her house early in the morning? Why would BM drive to her house at that hour and then leave without calling or knocking? Did he drive to her house because he didn’t have his phone? Why? But then she says he left and then started texting her. I couldn’t tell if there was a delay or the texts started immediately after he left. I don’t know where MG lived before she moved or whether it was close to BM’s house or close to the river/beach site.

Maybe BM disposed of Suzanne and then went to MG’s (what for and why that early when she would be asleep??) and then he changed his mind and went home and got his phone and headed to Broomfield and started texting the workers. Very strange and makes no sense!

All Speculation & IMO!!

Edited to add more paragraphs but they probably aren’t in the right places! I got overly excited and long winded with all my questions again, sorry. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I’m thinking about this timeline and the last time SM was verified as alive. Is it possible she went with to Broomfield (willingly or not/alive or not, maybe without a
Phone) and was buried or hidden somewhere along the way or in Broomfield.

I recall his first Alibi was firefighter training in Denver - the Holiday Inn in Broomfield only came to light much later (that we know of, maybe LE knew about it sooner). Is it possible she is hidden in Broomfield? I’m speculating but with all this talk of bleach not verified in the house, it seems like the place that really needed cleaning up was the HIE.
Maybe he was smart enough to create some distance between home and body, because where was he all of Sunday?
He certainly doesn’t seem agitated about searches because he knows she is not there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288