Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I remember, the purpose of the inquest was to determine whether William is still alive.

Don't lose hope that we'll find out what happened. I have my own theory, strengthened by some things I've read in these excerpts. It's just so confusing that police haven't made an arrest, but then I'm reminded that even the dumbest perps can get away with it for years.

It's so heartbreaking to hear from William's sister. Poor little girl.
Hi Angelina
Interested to know what your theory might be?
I felt in the inquest many fingers were pointing at FA, but then he didn't testify or at least we are not aware that he did.

IMO

From what I remember, the purpose of the inquest was to determine whether William is still alive.

Don't lose hope that we'll find out what happened. I have my own theory, strengthened by some things I've read in these excerpts. It's just so confusing that police haven't made an arrest, but then I'm reminded that even the dumbest perps can get away with it for years.

It's so heartbreaking to hear from William's sister. Poor little girl.
Hi Angelina
Interested to know what your theory might be?
I felt in the inquest many fingers were pointing at FA, but then he didn't testify or at least we are not aware that he did.

IMO

Something that I find a little absurd ... nobody is ruled out - which includes Paul Savage - and yet they have no intention to review the hours and hours of unwatched surveillance videos. While simultaneously saying that there could still be info that anybody could be involved.

"We haven't closed a door on anybody," Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw told the inquest.
"There could still be info out there that they could be involved."
No one has been ruled out in William Tyrrell investigation, inquest hears

LiaJHarris
Det Chief Insp Laidlaw told the court there is material in relation to covert surveillance which has not been reviewed. “I made the decision that thus far the material wasn’t providing any evidence that we could utilise... so I made the decision not to continue reviewing that”.
12:48 PM · Oct 7, 2020

I think all these pedos and criminals have been brought in so that they can be ruled out. They might not necessarily be involved but the police have to show that they covered everything.

The purpose of an inquest in relation to a missing person (presumed deceased) is to try to determine how the person (presumably) died. With a secondary purpose of trying to prevent such deaths in the future.

In every inquest I have ever followed or read its Coronial report, all of the witnesses are people who are either involved in the death, or have information about the death.
If people have been ruled out of the death by the police, it is a waste of time having them appear at an inquest.

I think we need to be careful to remember the purpose of an inquest.

IMO

A Coronial Inquest is a formal hearing in a courtroom concerning the death or suspected death of a person. The inquest is led by the Coroner to gather more information about whether a death has occurred, and if so, the cause and circumstances of the death.
Coronial process.

Of course it would .. that is disgusting. These perverts have hit a new low. Taking photos of a young girl.
They should have a think about their actions - they are doing what a voyeuristic pedo does.

IMO
And her parents must be so frightened and worried that some psycho could come after her too.

It would be so hard to allow her the freedom to go hang out with friends or walk home from school with friends, after what they've been through. And then to see someone posting pictures of her playing sports??? :eek:

Something that I find a little absurd ... nobody is ruled out - which includes Paul Savage - and yet they have no intention to review the hours and hours of unwatched surveillance videos. While simultaneously saying that there could still be info that anybody could be involved.

"We haven't closed a door on anybody," Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw told the inquest.
"There could still be info out there that they could be involved."

LiaJHarris
Det Chief Insp Laidlaw told the court there is material in relation to covert surveillance which has not been reviewed. “I made the decision that thus far the material wasn’t providing any evidence that we could utilise... so I made the decision not to continue reviewing that”.
12:48 PM · Oct 7, 2020
Unless someone has an ironclad alibi that they were elsewhere at the time W disappeared, and that they also had no involvement otherwise, ie by planning such an event, I think it is impossible to completely rule them out. I was happy to hear that from Laidlaw because it only makes sense. There are all kinds of POIs in this case so far, but unless there is something compelling to keep LE doggedly pursuing particular people, I think they will get put "on the back burner" until something more concrete comes to light to bring them to the forefront.

Wasn't it said at some point (perhaps by GJ?) that there were tons of leads/tips/calls not followed up on, just due to the sheer volume and intense resources required? I'm thinking LE might be thinking it better to wade through those, than to pursue something that has thus far seemed a dead end.

I think PS, BS, the pedos, and both sets of parents might all fall into the back burner category. It seems perhaps more time should be spent on FA, except who knows if he was even around there that day, etc? For all we know, he could have an alibi. Maybe it is a good sign that he didn't appear on the stand, since that could indicate LE wants his stuff kept quiet for now while they investigate more?

I'm thinking just because we happen to be aware of several POIs, doesn't necessarily mean the real perp is one of them. Maybe a good tip is mingled in with that long list of things not yet followed up on. Hopefully SOMEone is wading through that big list. I hate that it has already been over SIX years, unbelievable. If they could just get that ONE lead that would multiply into breaking the case wide open! imo

Unless someone has an ironclad alibi that they were elsewhere at the time W disappeared, and that they also had no involvement otherwise, ie by planning such an event, I think it is impossible to completely rule them out. I was happy to hear that from Laidlaw because it only makes sense. There are all kinds of POIs in this case so far, but unless there is something compelling to keep LE doggedly pursuing particular people, I think they will get put "on the back burner" until something more concrete comes to light to bring them to the forefront.

Wasn't it said at some point (perhaps by GJ?) that there were tons of leads/tips/calls not followed up on, just due to the sheer volume and intense resources required? I'm thinking LE might be thinking it better to wade through those, than to pursue something that has thus far seemed a dead end.

I think PS, BS, the pedos, and both sets of parents might all fall into the back burner category. It seems perhaps more time should be spent on FA, except who knows if he was even around there that day, etc? For all we know, he could have an alibi. Maybe it is a good sign that he didn't appear on the stand, since that could indicate LE wants his stuff kept quiet for now while they investigate more?

I'm thinking just because we happen to be aware of several POIs, doesn't necessarily mean the real perp is one of them. Maybe a good tip is mingled in with that long list of things not yet followed up on. Hopefully SOMEone is wading through that big list. I hate that it has already been over SIX years, unbelievable. If they could just get that ONE lead that would multiply into breaking the case wide open! imo

Yes, I dont have any problem with no-one being ruled out.

My point was the juxtaposition between "there still may be some info out there" and "we are not going to review the rest of the surveillance recordings".

What if that info they are seeking/hoping for is in those surveillance recordings.
If it is there, it will now never be discovered while Laidlaw is in charge of this case.

And not one single one of us knows whether it is there or not, not even Laidlaw. (Savage perhaps being the quiet exception, depending on what he remembers.)

Police hope that by leaving no stone unturned they'll be able to prove William did not simply wander into the bush and succumb to misadventure.
"So we can show, beyond reasonable doubt, that William's disappearance was the result of human intervention," Det Chief Insp Jubelin told reporters.
Police search on William Tyrrell birthday

Last edited:
Taking photos outside a court is a little different from stalking a young girl - without her mother - who is playing sports, don't you think? And they don't even have the excuse of being MSM journos - who would know better than to do that.
These 'people' give every impression of being prying, disgusting lowlifes.

(I agree MSM should have pixelated BM's sons. It was BM they wanted the pics of - outside court - not her children. They, unfortunately, were collateral damage - and also unfortunately were taken along to court.)

IMO
I agree wholeheartedly with you SA, was just pointing out the media can be vultures too.

William Tyrrell’s foster parents say they fear prime suspects will die before truth uncovered

On Thursday the foster parents also detailed the “devastating” effect of a long-running harassment campaign by sections of the public. They endured threats so serious one person was jailed, were accused of stealing from a registered charity and had their address repeatedly revealed.

“We were not prepared for the degree of prosecution we were subjected to by strangers,” the family said. Even at the inquest the harassment continued, with some of the antagonists illegally photographing the foster parents inside the court complex and posting the pictures online.

:mad:

Despite all this, they were always very dignified during the inquest , must have been so hard for them not to retaliate.

'Det Chief Insp Laidlaw [told the court] there are "a number" of cars captured on CCTV from the Kendall Tennis Club on the day William vanished that "we can't or have yet to identify".'
- tweet by Lia Harris (@LiaJHarris), 07 Oct 2020

None of the news reports I've checked have mentioned this information. Has anybody seen an explanation or any discussion? Was there any follow-up at the inquest?

'Det Chief Insp Laidlaw [told the court] there are "a number" of cars captured on CCTV from the Kendall Tennis Club on the day William vanished that "we can't or have yet to identify".'
- tweet by Lia Harris (@LiaJHarris), 07 Oct 2020

None of the news reports I've checked have mentioned this information. Has anybody seen an explanation or any discussion? Was there any follow-up at the inquest?

Hmm good point, Stormbird. Wouldn’t it make sense to publicise these vehicles nationwide then? Unless there wasn’t much of the vehicle captured.

Resources not the issue: Tyrrell detective

New information, not police resources, is what's needed to progress the investigation into William Tyrrell's disappearance, the boy's inquest has been told.

Five investigators are currently assigned to the case, down three from earlier in the year and from a peak of about 26.

At this stage, no resources other than information will help, Det Chief Insp Laidlaw said.

New information, not police resources, is what's needed to progress the investigation into William Tyrrell's disappearance, the boy's inquest has been told.

Five investigators are currently assigned to the case, down three from earlier in the year and from a peak of about 26.

At this stage, no resources other than information will help, Det Chief Insp Laidlaw said.
Yet he's not interested in what information there is on the covert camera footage? Sounds like an easy way out to me, sadly. IMO.

If the police arent interested in looking through their camera footage etc, maybe they should call for volunteers from WS to do it, sometimes I feel like we are more interested in solving the disappearance than the police. Some of us have invested a lot of time over the years, there isnt much we dont know... not like we would need much bringing up to speed.

If the police arent interested in looking through their camera footage etc, maybe they should call for volunteers from WS to do it, sometimes I feel like we are more interested in solving the disappearance than the police. Some of us have invested a lot of time over the years, there isnt much we dont know... not like we would need much bringing up to speed.

I said this too :D

Or all the time we sat around doing nothing at court but waiting & waiting , we could have been sitting in a room listening ( including GJ :D)

IMO the covert stuff was important enough to get warrants from the supreme court, in April 2018 they had more than 2500 hours of LD material , that had not been listened too ( per I Catch Killer , Gary JUbelin pg 306 )

Or all the time we sat around doing nothing at court but waiting & waiting , we could have been sitting in a room listening ( including GJ :D)

IMO the covert stuff was important enough to get warrants from the supreme court, in April 2018 they had more than 2500 hours of LD material , that had not been listened too ( per I Catch Killer , Gary JUbelin pg 306 )
It's just not good enough, doc, is it? There's something about it that seems very strange. :(

It's just not good enough, doc, is it? There's something about it that seems very strange. :(

Laidlaw knows he is not going to get more resources.
He has said he would welcome more resources, but I think it is clear he won't get them. 8 investigators early this year, 5 investigators now ... they are winding down.

Next it will be two investigators, then when the public is no longer looking it will be off to cold cases.
With potential clues in all of that unheard information in those boxes.

IMO

Giving evidence for the first time today, the lead investigator revealed he was one of only five investigators still on Strike Force Roseanne, down from 26 at its height.
He said while that was "sufficient", he would also welcome more resources.

"Resources, there's not an issue there at all. I won't shy away from that because the more people that work on it, the better off we will be to hopefully closing the matter."

Would have been good if Jubes could have been heard, so he could speak more about this.
I imagine that a certain amount of info would have been written on the warrant application(s) for the surveillance devices, but I would imagine there was more to it than just what was filled in on the applications(s).

I mean, they set the guy up with a fake spiderman suit, had a psychologist involved in that. Why?
They didn't do that to the Wilsons or other close neighbours on the street.
The surveillance device recordings are worth listening to in their entirety. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77