Deceased/Not Found UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 Jul 2020 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you match the dates of the photo to the show, it was the Peterborough episode where they did up the nearby centre that cares for disabled children-
http://www.littlemiraclescharity.or...in-need-as-part-of-the-diy-sos-bbc-programme/
Thanks I'll remove that post. I completely forgot they did big projects like that. SW had tagged the presenter a few times that's why I thought it was their house.
The topic of Munchausen by proxy (or Fabricated/induced illness as it is now termed) keeps being brought up.

The 3 children are diagnosed with a genetic illness, they've had multiple operations on the NHS and no doubt genetic testing. Here in the UK you can't just ask for tests or treatments to be done and hand over your credit card.
If those children had surgeries it's because they absolutely needed them.

Whatever has occurred with Bernadette, there is absolutely no evidence of and Fabricated or induced illness.

I am the parent of a disabled daughter following a Stroke at 13 and myself and my children all have a genetic illness.

The judgement from some on subjects that they very obviously have zero personal experience of is troubling.

Sarah's social media 'campaigns' for her children aren't at all unusual for families with rare illness. You want to tell the world and find other people who are sharing your journey.

Also, disability benefits don't just get handed out ... many here seem to be under the impression that if your child is disabled and 'needs a wheelchair' that some service just drops one off at your door the next day and that is far from the truth. You can be told your child isn't eligible, there's no funding, there's no wheelchair that suits their needs and your only option is to fund it yourself and they can cost hundreds to thousands. Many families are forced to campaign and G-F-M to buy equipment.

I'll also add that from what I know of the children disability, they can have periods of being well and mobile when there's no tumour causing issues so there are times when they may seem 'okay', that doesn't mean they are.
Sorry if anything I said offended you. I know that looking after a child with a disability or illness is one of the hardest things you can do. And i wasn't having a go about the go fund me pages either because I have family members that have had to pay thousands of pounds to buy wheelchairs and adapt their homes because you don't just get handed it. It was badly worded. Sorry again.

The topic of Munchausen by proxy (or Fabricated/induced illness as it is now termed) keeps being brought up.

The 3 children are diagnosed with a genetic illness, they've had multiple operations on the NHS and no doubt genetic testing. Here in the UK you can't just ask for tests or treatments to be done and hand over your credit card.
If those children had surgeries it's because they absolutely needed them.

Whatever has occurred with Bernadette, there is absolutely no evidence of and Fabricated or induced illness.

I am the parent of a disabled daughter following a Stroke at 13 and myself and my children all have a genetic illness.

The judgement from some on subjects that they very obviously have zero personal experience of is troubling.

Sarah's social media 'campaigns' for her children aren't at all unusual for families with rare illness. You want to tell the world and find other people who are sharing your journey.

Also, disability benefits don't just get handed out ... many here seem to be under the impression that if your child is disabled and 'needs a wheelchair' that some service just drops one off at your door the next day and that is far from the truth. You can be told your child isn't eligible, there's no funding, there's no wheelchair that suits their needs and your only option is to fund it yourself and they can cost hundreds to thousands. Many families are forced to campaign and G-F-M to buy equipment.

I'll also add that from what I know of the children disability, they can have periods of being well and mobile when there's no tumour causing issues so there are times when they may seem 'okay', that doesn't mean they are.

I’m so sorry if my post hurt you in any way. I’m just spit balling trying to theorize motives. I know how difficult it can be for people taking care of those with disabilities. Almost every woman in my family is in that field and I can’t imagine having to do that 247. It wears on them and still they get to come home to relatively healthy families. It breaks my heart that the system is so broken that you have to work your booty off and fundraise for simple necessities like wheel chairs. It disgusts me that here in Canada we mostly have to pay out of pocket for things like insulin. I wasn’t aware of how the system works in the UK. I was just going off the Gypsy Rose situation in the US but still, I think most of her equipment was fundraised? I should have been more educated before posting.
I’m sending you and your family all my love. <3

I’m so sorry if my post hurt you in any way. I’m just spit balling trying to theorize motives. I know how difficult it can be for people taking care of those with disabilities. Almost every woman in my family is in that field and I can’t imagine having to do that 247. It wears on them and still they get to come home to relatively healthy families. It breaks my heart that the system is so broken that you have to work your booty off and fundraise for simple necessities like wheel chairs. It disgusts me that here in Canada we mostly have to pay out of pocket for things like insulin. I wasn’t aware of how the system works in the UK. I was just going off the Gypsy Rose situation in the US but still, I think most of her equipment was fundraised? I should have been more educated before posting.
I’m sending you and your family all my love. <3

I'm not at all hurt or upset or in need of sympathy, I'm just explaining what the system is like here in the UK when you have a disabled child.

People who don't live in that world assume things that aren't fact because, most often, they make sense but, governments don't approve of things making sense ‍♀️

I'm not at all hurt or upset or in need of sympathy, I'm just explaining what the system is like here in the UK when you have a disabled child.

People who don't live in that world assume things that aren't fact because, most often, they make sense but, governments don't approve of things making sense ‍♀️
You’re totally right that governments don’t approve of things that make sense. Amen!

LE must have some serious evidence that Bernie is dead and S&S are responsible! Intrigued to see what it is! Blood? Phone data? Witness? Both of them not talking, especially the mother is unbelievable to me. Knowing your daughter is out there, I can’t grasp it.
Moo

LE must have some serious evidence that Bernie is dead and S&S are responsible! Intrigued to see what it is! Blood? Phone data? Witness? Both of them not talking, especially the mother is unbelievable to me. Knowing your daughter is out there, I can’t grasp it.
Moo
My guess is blood and witnesses. There’s a lot of kids in that house that probably know a whole lot. Whether they overheard or saw something. Moo

A timeline of events surrounding arrests -

Mon 7th Sept 10:33pm - ScW posts on his facebook page "the police came for your hairbrush and Toothbrush tonight."

Fri 11th Sept morning - Cambridgeshire Police launched a 'no body' murder investigation (link 'No-body' murder investigation launched in hunt to find teenager )
Fri 11th Sept afternoon - According to a neighbour, police seized a Mercedes from outside the home and ScW and SaW were led out of the house ( Parents of missing girl, 17, charged with murder 7 weeks after disappearance )

Sat 12th Sept before noon news report - ScW arrested on suspicion of murder
Sat 12th Sept after 12:30pm news report - A neighbour said "'I messaged her when the news came out about a suspect man being arrested and she said she had just come back from giving a statement to police." (Woman in her 30s is arrested over murder of missing teenager, 17 | Daily Mail Online )
Sat 12th Sept evening - SaW arrested on suspicion of murder

Sun 13th Sept - police using a sniffer dog searched the home and according to a neighbour smashed the back window of SaW's Mercedes (identical model to ScW's) but didn't take it away. ( Parents of missing girl, 17, charged with murder 7 weeks after disappearance )

Mon 14th Sept early hours - ScW and SaW charged with murder. Police say "my team have made significant progress with this investigation in the last few days" (Parents charged with murder of missing Cambs teen Bernadette Walker )
Mon 14th Sept - Police started searching at Cowbit (Murder enquiry over missing 17-year-old leads to Cowbit search )

Tue 15th Sept late morning - Police start searching three garages in Walton ( Murder detectives searching Peterborough garages in hunt for missing Bernadette )

I’ve just seen someone mention all the missing posters have come down.
Re SaW's 'identical' car to ScW. I wonder why the police had to smash the back window? I'm assuming to get in? Therefore the parents were unwilling to give police the keys? Thoughts please.
I wondering that too. It might just be that she took them when she was arrested or the house was a mess and they didn’t want to wait to find them? That’s all I can think of.
The fact they left Sarah’s car and took Scott’s to me says they possibly found something in it.
Also does anyone else think it strange that Bernadette ran out of the car at 1pm then sent a message a couple of days later at 1am? Maybe It’s just me that thinks that’s odd?
I wonder why they didn’t arrest Sarah when she gave the statement on the morning of the 12th then arrested her later on that day?
Im wondering if the cadaver dog picked up something in the car or house?
Really hope we hear something soon especially as the search is coming to an end.

Last edited:
What a mystery. It has been suggested that her last message pinged off a tower out near Spalding, which is why the searches started out in Cow Bit. However valid this theory is, I do not know. But if it be the case, and one assumes the parents have murdered her, one of them would have driven out to the sticks at 1am to send the message.

What a mystery. It has been suggested that her last message pinged off a tower out near Spalding, which is why the searches started out in Cow Bit. However valid this theory is, I do not know. But if it be the case, and one assumes the parents have murdered her, one of them would have driven out to the sticks at 1am to send the message.

Who suggested it? Unless from police or MSM, can't be alluded to here.

Would the cars have GPS? And/or one of them picked up on ANPR on the day/night last seen around the areas they have been searching?

Last edited:
Hi, not commented on this case yet. Hoping someone can help me. Were the parents charged with joint enterprise? I’m certain that’s what I read but now all I can find is “charged with murder”.

I have been wrangling this case around in my head for a while. I have lots of thoughts but before I get into this I need to go back to the beginning and be certain about the charge. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects