GUILTY DE - Smyrna, Wht/HispFemale, 2-5, 'Baby Elle', ball field, 13 Sept 2019 - Emma Cole *arrests*

OMG. Heartbreaking that little Emma's caretakers cared so little for her and about her as to toss and burn her like trash. Happy to see $1M in bond.

Snips:
Police on Thursday identified the girl as Emma Cole. She's believed to have been dead for "several weeks or possibly longer" when she was found.

In connection with Cole's death, Brandon and Kristie Haas were charged in Pennsylvania with “arrest without prior requisition,” which gives authorities the ability to take someone into custody for charges they are wanted on in another state.

A Pennsylvania judge set their bond at $1 million, an amount usually reserved for the most serious charges. It's not immediately clear what charges the couple faces in Delaware.

The two, formerly of Smyrna, married in May 2017, according to a Facebook post. Police have not said what, if any, connection the Haases had to Cole.

Two disgusting pieces of dirt.....

Pa. couple arrested in connection with child remains found in Smyrna

Few details about the couple are known. A Facebook profile for Brandon shows he works as a journeyman at Ironworks Local 451. He went to Middletown High School, the page shows, and is a current Smyrna resident, according to court documents.

An order granting Brandon Haas' extradition from Pennsylvania to Delaware was granted Wednesday, four days after he was arrested by Newtown Township, Pennsylvania police, the documents show.

Kristie Haas is from Glen Mills, per court documents, and has an extradition hearing scheduled for Nov. 4. She was arrested by Pennsylvania State Police in Media.

Posted a few minutes ago. Kristie's aliases are mentioned in the comments.

Never Forget Me

Ty Nicole
2764.png

1f501.png
Update
203c.png
IDENTIFIED AS Emma Cole.. Fly high sweet Emma
271d.png

Pa. couple arrested in connection with child remains found in Smyrna, police ID girl
Isabel HughesEsteban ParraBrittany Horn Delaware News Journal
More than a year after the remains of a 3-year-old girl were found at a Smyrna softball field complex, a Pennsylvania couple has been arrested.
Police on Thursday identified the girl as Emma Cole. She's believed to have been dead for "several weeks or possibly longer" when she was found.
In connection with Cole's death, Brandon and Kristie Haas were charged in Pennsylvania with “arrest without prior requisition,” which gives authorities the ability to take someone into custody for charges they are wanted on in another state.
The charge allows law enforcement to assist in the extradition of a person to another state.
A Pennsylvania judge set their bond at $1 million, an amount usually reserved for the most serious charges. It's not immediately clear what charges the couple faces in Delaware.
The two, formerly of Smyrna, married in May 2017, according to a Facebook post. Police have not said what, if any, connection the Haases had to Cole.
The arrests come about 13 months after a dog walker in Little Lass Fields in Smyrna came across Cole's remains. The fields, across from Smyrna Middle School, serve as softball fields for Little League girls in the area.In the weeks and months that followed, Smyrna police enlisted the help of departments across the region and in other states. The department also began working with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, or NCMEC, and the Delaware Division of Forensic Science to identify Cole.In November 2019, police released a sketch of her.

I want to give a giant shout out to all LE who were working hard behind the scenes, doing everything possible, while I (and a few others on this thread) fretted about whether it had gone cold or just quiet. I am actually shocked and pleased that this was solved. But I'm so sad it wasn't just some migrant workers with a sick child but instead something that looks so much worse.

His Facebook - not yet shut down

Brandon Haas

From Delaware Online: Few details about the couple are known. A Facebook profile for Brandon shows he works as a journeyman at Ironworks Local 451. He went to Middletown High School, the page shows, and is a current Smyrna resident, according to court documents.

Her facebook - also not shut down
KB Haas

Lots of pictures of young kids :(

ETA - Kristie Haas' older facebook including pictures of two girls at a 2017 wedding - look sadly familiar. Kristie Haas

ETA again - follow the facebook comments for a full picture of the family. Literally heartbreaking - older profile 4 kids, new on 3. And to my eye no apparent chronic illness - I truly hope not malnourished/abuse.

Last edited:
This photo is on Brandon's Facebook page and it is dated August 2018 which means it is like from the prior Christmas in 2017? So there's 4 kids in this photo, the little one is probably Emma. It looks a lot like the rendering. How did no one in this family not pipe up about a missing kid?

Attachments

• Emma.JPG
    Emma.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 204
This photo is on Brandon's Facebook page and it is dated August 2018 which means it is like from the prior Christmas in 2017? So there's 4 kids in this photo, the little one is probably Emma. It looks a lot like the rendering. How did no one in this family not pipe up about a missing kid?
The one in pink is Emma :/

So they have three other kids? How on earth did nobody notice that Emma wasn't around!?! These people look relatively "normal." Monsters really do walk among us. Thanks for those fb links, @momsof3 .
Just my speculation, but I wonder if Emma was a step sibling to the others which might have had something to do with it. Either way this case is pretty sickening and so very sad.

Wow, Emma. Emma was so very beautiful.

WHAT were her parents thinking not seeking help after whatever happened, leaving her body there, probably lying to family on both sides?

Let's not forget her siblings who must have loved their little sister and been sad and confused when she wasn't there anymore.

Wow, Emma. Emma was so very beautiful.

WHAT were her parents thinking not seeking help after whatever happened, leaving her body there, probably lying to family on both sides?

Let's not forget her siblings who must have loved their little sister and been sad and confused when she wasn't there anymore.
The FB accounts apparently don't show Emma, it's like she never existed :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back