Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry Morphew Shares More Photos And Love Letter Nearly 5 Months After Wife, Suzanne, Disappears

When asked about why he didn't join in the latest search for Suzanne, Barry says "he had already spent months doing the same with close friends. He no longer believes she’s in the area. He also added Moorman never reached out to him directly about the search despite repeated attempts to contact him personally."
My question is when? When did he gather friends and spend months searching for her? When he was busy trying to get her declared dead, when he was selling off property or maybe it was when he was gone hunting? It seems to me that if he was out there searching as much as he said he was that wouldn't leave much time for doing all these other things that we all know he was doing. Also, did he really need a written invitation to show up and search for his wife with the rest of the large group of complete strangers that dropped everything to travel to Colorado and join the search teams? Then we get to the end when he says, "to help the investigation, he opened his home and property to investigators, as well as cell phone records and computers. He said he has sat through countless days of interrogations" If he willingly opened his home and let investigators come in and take anything they needed and do whatever needed to be done would they have secured two search warrants for his home and property therein? I don't know everything there is to know about how the investigative process works but it seems like there would be no need for search warrants if he was openly welcoming them in to search and seize what needed to be taken.

When we bash BM, it in no way “diminishes SM.” She is the victim, and she got the rawest of deals.

That search was for her. That vigil was for her. Ultimately, justice will be for her.

I refuse to make excuses for a man who can’t be assed to do anything to find his wife. A man who clearly doesn’t give a damn.

A man who rips anyone who dare speak out about what they saw, and what they know.

A man with a BS alibi, who would have us believe that a low risk victim was attacked in a low crime area, and law enforcement somehow is operating with “tunnel vision,” instead of following the evidence.

Those searches of the home mean something. The search of his job site mean something. Suzanne’s life meant something.

Except to her killer.

They’re coming for him.
Excellent post.

I’ve said it before, but I reckon I’ll say it again....
IF LE or anyone close to the case can point me in another direction other than BM, then I’ll gladly follow that lead. ONLY if it’s not a bunch of social media fodder, and ONLY if I don’t have to perform mental gymnastics to make it work. You would think BM would use the media to his advantage if there was any other possible suspect. Instead, he uses the time to disparage his employees and LE.

The only person that I see diminishing SM is BM himself. JMO.

Question re the Suzanne Morphew Hope Foundation. If you have a tax exempt foundation doesn’t the foundation have to be doing something in order to keep their tax exempt status? It says helping children globally etc. but there doesn’t seem to be much change in the balance unless I’m reading it wrong. Is this foundation active or put on hold or in name only? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
If they had a huge boatload of evidence wouldn’t they arrest someone capable of murder before he strikes again?

I would think if LE doesn’t make an arrest, they would be trying to find every bit of evidence they can, especially in a no-body case, if they are doing a proper job. A main, if unnamed suspect, rooting around in a trash can, stating he is looking for a bike helmet, seems like it would add some thing to a case if indeed, he is arrested and goes to trial.

It’s a no body case. Even with a boatload of evidence, they might not go forward.

But there had to be a reason that the CBI and FBI didn’t think that store footage was important.

When we bash BM, it in no way “diminishes SM.” She is the victim, and she got the rawest of deals.

That search was for her. That vigil was for her. Ultimately, justice will be for her.

I refuse to make excuses for a man who can’t be assed to do anything to find his wife. A man who clearly doesn’t give a damn.

A man who rips anyone who dare speak out about what they saw, and what they know.

A man with a BS alibi, who would have us believe that a low risk victim was attacked in a low crime area, and law enforcement somehow is operating with “tunnel vision,” instead of following the evidence.

Those searches of the home mean something. The search of his job site mean something. Suzanne’s life meant something.

Except to her killer.

They’re coming for him.

This post gave me goosebumps. Everything I wish I could have put into words as eloquently as you just did. Well said & thank you @MassGuy!

Prop. Stigmatized by Murder? Seller or R/E Agent Disclosure? Quotes from posts in last thread.
{{{ @happyday post 885, thread 44
“... my real estate license … learned in RE school that an agent MUST disclose any material fact about a property except pertaining to protected classes. A property with negative press=stigmatized =lower property value. So a buyer has to be made aware. Murder, child molestation, drug house all must be disclosed.... agents rarely win ... so it’s in best interest to disclose everything. Imagine if you bought … then found out after you closed. You could sue and win.”} }} bbm sbm
{{{ @Murphy1950 Post 889, thread 44
What is a Stigmatized Property? | Laws for all 50 States Disclosure appears to only be required in 3 states... a seller or real estate agent cannot lie when asked about stigmatizing facts or else they would be liable for fraud… }}} sbm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:)Interesting posts from both of you.:) TYVM.
@happydays. Agreeing that best practice for agents is to disclose.
Are you comfortable sharing w us whether your r/e license is in CO? Also are there course materials you could share, perhaps a link or a screen shot or scan of a page? Per July 2019 linked below, some states specifically do not require disclosure re stigma, so maybe you are not in one of those states?

Quoting from article linked in @Murphy1950 post above, re CO.
“Facts pertaining to events which could “psychologically impact or stigmatize” a property are not subject to disclosure in Colorado. This includes murder, suicide, and any other felony which may have taken place.”
^ discusses variations of 'stigma' like murder, felony, paranormal activity, drug houses, HIV/AIDS, etc.

Quote from CO. statute:
(b) That the property was the site of a homicide or other felony or of a suicide.
“(2) No cause of action shall arise against a real estate broker or salesperson for failing to disclose such circumstance occurring on the property which might psychologically impact or stigmatize such property…”
Reference: Statute 38-35.5-101. 2016.

No 'stigma-disclosure' required for CO r/e agents seems quite straightforward, but may not be. I could be wrong or not thinking it through. jm2cts.

So Andy's older brother recieved actual messages from Suzanne's FB rather than friend requests? That's what it sounds like he's saying.
AM does have an older brother. Also, the DW has learned that at least one of her male friends (closer in age to BM than AM or his brother) also received a friend request from SM (as opposed to the PYMK or friend suggestions her female friends received). Not sure what all to make of the friend requests.... MOO, JMO

It’s a no body case. Even with a boatload of evidence, they might not go forward.

But there had to be a reason that the CBI and FBI didn’t think that store footage was important.

One would hope. LE is not infallible. I do wonder if there are any other cameras in that area that recorded that footage as well.

Very perceptive PaulaDC. And this is why both SAR and LE search teams post someone to watch the behavior of a suspected actor(s) when a search operation is in progress on what they feel may become a criminal case. The actors generally telegraph their emotions, even if they are not aware of it.
What does it tell you if the suspected actor plants a few people to watch the search operation and report back to him?

Short OT message to WS family members in Louisiana and the northern Gulf Coast. My thoughts & prayers go out to everyone in the path of Hurricane Delta or with loved ones there. Sending love from ‘Bama & stay safe!!!

The fact that the video exists at all, is incredibly odd.

Once again it goes to control. Barry didn’t attend the press conference, or immediately make a plea through the media.

He thought that a huge reward would be enough to avoid criticism.

Instead of a press conference, he released a bizarre 26 second video, the likes of which I have never seen before.

I believe he knew he couldn’t answer questions, and he wanted to avoid that at all costs. People were wondering why the hell this man remained silent, and he felt compelled to do something.

This was beyond idiotic.
Obviously MONEY is not as important to you, as it is to Barry ... I'm truly surprised you weren't properly impressed by the sincerity of the video or the $100,000 offering.

Poor SM and the entire family / I feel the release and showing of those private letters is a further insult to her
JMO
Agreed. And I find it disgusting, frankly, that he goes on to say that her family abandoned her in her time of need - and that BM is the loving hero husband who was the only one there for her. He certainly hasn't been there for her in the last four months and there is zero reason to believe he was there for her in the time leading up to her disappearance.

I guess the good news is that when BM lies, he goes big. This is hubris at it's finest - and I do believe it will be his undoing - no way he is able to keep his story straight or keep his mouth shut. MOO, JMO.

What does it tell you if the suspected actor plants a few people to watch the search operation and report back to him?

That the actor want's advance notice if evidence is found or if the search is getting too close to the remains. Goes to "fight or flight" as in barricade in the house and shoot it out with LE or hop on a small charter out of a local grass runway airfield for parts unknown. Generally the actor has a stockpile of weapons and ammo, or a "grab and go" bag full of cash and securities. I just don't see this ending as a "Ok, you got me, I give up", but it would be nice if that were the case.

AM does have an older brother. Also, the DW has learned that at least one of her male friends (closer in age to BM than AM or his brother) also received a friend request from SM (as opposed to the PYMK or friend suggestions her female friends received). Not sure what all to make of the friend requests.... MOO, JMO
Want to make sure I understand.

So only men received an actual friend request from Suzanne's Facebook account, females just saw her pop up as a suggested person to friend?

This is what they do, especially in Colorado.

Just look at the Gannon Stauch case. We were told all along that they hoped to bring him home alive. We later learned that they found blood splatter in his bedroom, and knew (from other evidence) he was probably dead from day one.

We all knew better, but that case remained a “missing persons investigation,” until his killer was arrested.

Their duty is to solve the crime. They can’t risk damaging their case by tipping off the perpetrator in regards to what they have.

It is what they do. That doesn't make it right. I'd categorize along the lines of two wrongs not making a right.

And I'll say again, it appears to be a stretch to say that the case would be compromised by simply being honest about the fact that its not a missing persons investigation.

IMO

That the actor want's advance notice if evidence is found or if the search is getting too close to the remains. Goes to "fight or flight" as in barricade in the house and shoot it out with LE or hop on a small charter out of a local grass runway airfield for parts unknown. Generally the actor has a stockpile of weapons and ammo, or a "grab and go" bag full of cash and securities. I just don't see this ending as a "Ok, you got me, I give up", but it would be nice if that were the case.
Excellent answer thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member