Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potentially the Moorman family could sue BM in civil court IMO May not help Suzanne or the family but it would be sweet if they won and took away all of Barry’s toys and property. Peanut Butter and all! IMO

This is an appalling sentiment. Why don't we just throw anyone in court and sue them without evidence? I hope the Moorman family and the CO courts have more integrity. IMO

It is what they do. That doesn't make it right. I'd categorize along the lines of two wrongs not making a right.

And I'll say again, it appears to be a stretch to say that the case would be compromised by simply being honest about the fact that its not a missing persons investigation.

IMO
I want killers arrested. That’s way more important than compromising an investigation by saying “this is a homicide investigation.”

That has a tendency to shut people up, and unnecessarily complicates things.

You want a media circus? Because that’s how you get a media circus.

When we bash BM, it in no way “diminishes SM.” She is the victim, and she got the rawest of deals.

That search was for her. That vigil was for her. Ultimately, justice will be for her.

I refuse to make excuses for a man who can’t be assed to do anything to find his wife. A man who clearly doesn’t give a damn.

A man who rips anyone who dare speak out about what they saw, and what they know.

A man with a BS alibi, who would have us believe that a low risk victim was attacked in a low crime area, and law enforcement somehow is operating with “tunnel vision,” instead of following the evidence.

Those searches of the home mean something. The search of his job site mean something. Suzanne’s life meant something.

Except to her killer.

They’re coming for him.

Beautiful, powerful post. Thank you.

Hoosierfan72

Agree. Not a good husband before her dissapearance, on Saturday he is using a rude joke at work about "keeping the wife happy," and then Sunday MD he is choosing to go off to work when the girls are out of town with his family.
It is his daughters who notice her missing when they try to contact her, not him, and as we learned about Broomfield, he was not working Sunday.

AM does have an older brother. Also, the DW has learned that at least one of her male friends (closer in age to BM than AM or his brother) also received a friend request from SM (as opposed to the PYMK or friend suggestions her female friends received). Not sure what all to make of the friend requests.... MOO, JMO
Thanks again to this important information.
I imagine that he logged into her Facebook account, using his phone and wanted to make it appear that she was active, alive. Rather than try to have a conversation with someone who knew her, he would merely click the friend request on a couple of names that he saw in her PYMK list. That was done intensionally.
But the very fact that he had logged onto her account from his phone also pulled all of his contacts into her account, setting off numerous PYMK alerts independent of his ploy. I think this will be one of the nails in his coffin.
Moo

Agreed. And I find it disgusting, frankly, that he goes on to say that her family abandoned her in her time of need - and that BM is the loving hero husband who was the only one there for her. He certainly hasn't been there for her in the last four months and there is zero reason to believe he was there for her in the time leading up to her disappearance.

I guess the good news is that when BM lies, he goes big. This is hubris at it's finest - and I do believe it will be his undoing - no way he is able to keep his story straight or keep his mouth shut. MOO, JMO.

Wasnt it also stated he did not seem happy when on the one occassion, he was with her for her chemo treatment.

I want killers arrested. That’s way more important than compromising an investigation by saying “this is a homicide investigation.”

Every single person posting on this forum wants killers arrested. Some know how the process works, better than others. I’m not one of them. I realize a media circus isn’t the answer either, but LS could use a little help, in my opinion.
JMO

Every single person posting on this forum wants killers arrested. Some know how the process works, better than others. I’m not one of them. I realize a media circus isn’t the answer either, but LS could use a little help, in my opinion.
JMO
If the public needs to know something in order to keep themselves safe, then I’m obviously for that.

But if you’re out there answering media questions, and giving investigative information away, that doesn’t only inform the public.

It informs the killer as well.

I imagine that he logged into her Facebook account, using his phone and wanted to make it appear that she was active, alive. Rather than try to have a conversation with someone who knew her, he would merely click the friend request on a couple of names that he saw in her PYMK list. That was done intensionally.
But the very fact that he had logged onto her account from his phone also pulled all of his contacts into her account, setting off numerous PYMK alerts independent of his ploy. I think this will be one of the nails in his coffin.
Moo

I really hope he did log in from his own phone. Facebook logs the date and time of each device that logs-in.

AM does have an older brother. Also, the DW has learned that at least one of her male friends (closer in age to BM than AM or his brother) also received a friend request from SM (as opposed to the PYMK or friend suggestions her female friends received). Not sure what all to make of the friend requests.... MOO, JMO

RBBM
Well, first post here. I’ve followed this case from the beginning and Suzanne’s case is what led me to Websleuths. I feel like I know some of you by now
Anyhow, perhaps BM was friending only male friends on FB because he wanted it to appear that SM had gone back to Indiana to meet someone. Who? Doesn’t matter. If LE wastes time chasing that, it buys time for BM. Maybe someone also arranged that FB checkin on SM’s page in Alexandria, IN on May 17th. Just one more in a line of tales to draw attention away from the truth of her disappearance. Who knows how many anonymous “tips” LE has had to field that were meant to distract and waste time.

I hope I quoted this properly. It’s all IMO. I almost gave up on the case after the craziness of the search by AM, our awesome fellow WSers and others. But I’d like to see it through to some closure. SM reminds me of my own Mom. I think I would have liked to meet her.

JMO

This is an appalling sentiment. Why don't we just throw anyone in court and sue them without evidence? I hope the Moorman family and the CO courts have more integrity. IMO

Who advocated suing without evidence?

Suing in civil court or using tactics in a family law/probate setting is quite often done to get information that can be used in criminal cases or to get some form of justice if a criminal case can’t be filed.

For example, Terri Horman gave up custody of her infant daughter to avoid having to answer questions related to the disappearance of her step-son, in the context of a child custody case.

Jason Young gave up rights to his child in order to avoid answering questions about his wife’s murder.

Filing suit can be a good strategy in certain cases.

RBBM
Well, first post here. I’ve followed this case from the beginning and Suzanne’s case is what led me to Websleuths. I feel like I know some of you by now
Anyhow, perhaps BM was friending only male friends on FB because he wanted it to appear that SM had gone back to Indiana to meet someone. Who? Doesn’t matter. If LE wastes time chasing that, it buys time for BM. Maybe someone also arranged that FB checkin on SM’s page in Alexandria, IN on May 17th. Just one more in a line of tales to draw attention away from the truth of her disappearance. Who knows how many anonymous “tips” LE has had to field that were meant to distract and waste time.

I hope I quoted this properly. It’s all IMO. I almost gave up on the case after the craziness of the search by AM, our awesome fellow WSers and others. But I’d like to see it through to some closure. SM reminds me of my own Mom. I think I would have liked to meet her.

JMO
Great first post and quote, @EucalyptusBloom !
Welcome to Websleuths !

Agree with all of that. The moment LE goes on record making proclamations is the moment someone or several someones, including the media, will ask LE what proof they have that SM is dead and why they believe it's a homicide case. And even if they believe (or know) she is dead, she still is missing because her remains have not been found. They're simply not going to release that evidence. The public is not entitled to know all the details of an ongoing investigation.

LE's job, aside from keeping citizens safe and following the laws of the state and county, is to solve criminal cases and turn over a case to the county's DA for future prosecution, without doing anything to either compromise the integrity of the case or to compromise the ability of any perp to get a fair trial. Their duty does not include assuaging curiosity.

P.S. I'm >18 pages behind and I've given up trying to go back and stay current at the same time. My starting point is page 18. (white flag raised).

IMO

Last edited:
RBBM

JMO
Welcome to Websleuths. Nice post!

If the public needs to know something in order to keep themselves safe, then I’m obviously for that.

If you notice, the recommendations given out when members of the public ask are always the things someone's mom would advise: lock doors and windows of home and cars, don't go out into remote areas alone or without telling someone where you're going, what time, and what time you expect to be back. Take your cell phone, wear clean underwear (ok that's a bonus nag from a mom), I mean there are many parents and grandparents here. Think of all the things you'd tell your kids to do. LE says the same things, along with, if you need help or believe you're in danger, call 911. If you see something, say something. If you have information related to this case call the tip line.

IMO

Moo
MOO

MGs Phone
SMs Facebook (app detect the device or location it is logged in from.)
From this digital evidence, even if it is a no body case, this case will NEVER damp down.

Want to make sure I understand.

So only men received an actual friend request from Suzanne's Facebook account, females just saw her pop up as a suggested person to friend?
Within the DWs circle of friends (all close in age to BM), the females she knows had her show up as PYMK or friend suggestion (not friend request). She knows of two males (one was a friend of BM, one was a friend of AM) who received actual friend requests.

It's possible that men may have seen her in the PYMK or friend suggestions, but the DW isn't aware of any. It's possible that some women got actual friend requests, but the DW isn't aware of any. There were about six females that she's aware of in the PYMK/friend suggestion category, and two males that she knows of directly (and a few more that she was aware of indirectly and unable to verify) that got friend requests.

Hope that helps. MOO.

Many hotels in the West, including some in Colorado, have signs asking patrons to leave towels on the floor if they wish to have fresh towels.

Nearly all hotels and motels in California have the same request. Also, Vegas, many places in Arizona and in New Mexico. Oh, and Utah.

I've even seen them in Portland.

Water is a big issue out here. It's normal to leave the towels on the floor if you're trying to signal the maid that you want more. Hang them up if you intend to reuse, to save water. And we thank you very much if you can reuse a towel out here, as we have frequent issues with water and there are often tiered taxes on water as usage increases.
Imo additionally they don’t change the sheets unless the bed has been slept in visibly that is. I have more questions than answers at this point and I can’t imagine how SM’s family including her daughters feel at this point. Heartbreaking regardless! IMO

RBBM

JMO
Welcome to websleuths, appreciate the post. I would have expected BM, if this was his intent, to push that narrative early on (rather than him pushing the mountain lion, and then the abduction). I'm not aware of him pushing "maybe she ran off with someone from back home" narrative at all. So maybe he originally was going to go this route and thought better of it..... or maybe he didn't really know what he was doing (and was simply trying to be 'active' on FB and randomly friending people) - but the fact that all of the friend requests that we know of are to males in Indiana, it really is odd. MOO, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021