Found Deceased FL - Tracey Lynn Rieker, 44, Venice, 30 Sept 2020

Uh oh.

Venice Police Department

At approximately 11:45 a.m. today, Saturday, Oct. 10, divers with the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office and North Port PD, assisted by the FWC, Venice PD and Sarasota K9 Search and Rescue, located a green Nissan Xterra in a large pond in the Toscana Isles subdivision in Venice, close to Knights Trail. Inside the vehicle was a deceased female, believed to be that of Tracey Lynn Rieker, 44, missing from her Venice home since Sept. 30. Authorities are in the process of recovering the vehicle at this time. The case is being treated as a traffic homicide. An investigation continues to determine Rieker’s cause of death. As more information becomes available it will be released by VPD. There will be no press conference at this time.

A traffic homicide?

As in, someone ran her off the road?
A road rage shooting/car-jacking attempt gone really really bad? Either way, I hate this update. I was hoping she'd just taken some time away with her car locked up in a friend's garage. This isn't the outcome anyone would want. My thoughts to her loved ones.

A road rage shooting/car-jacking attempt gone really really bad? Either way, I hate this update. I was hoping she'd just taken some time away with her car locked up in a friend's garage. This isn't the outcome anyone would want. My thoughts to her loved ones.
Her car was found in a pond very close to her house. Not even 100 yards. It’s unlikely there was any traffic at 3am.

Why a homicide and not suicide? There must be something about her body or the car that tells LE she didn't willingly drive into the pond.
The question is if it's something specific for this case, or if it's something done for any/every time there is an accident with a fatality. Here it says that every traffic fatality case is examined by the Traffic Homicide Unit in another Florida county, maybe it's the same here?
Traffic Homicide Unit

Nothing new just another source.

Police: Deceased woman found inside of green Nissan Xterra in large pond in Venice

According to police, there was dead woman inside of the vehicle and they believe that this person was 44-year-old Tracey Rieker, who was reported missing last week after not being seen since September 30th.

Rieker’s family has been notified and authorities are in the process of recovering the Xterra.

Police say this cases is being treated as a traffic homicide and that this is an ongoing investigation.

The question is if it's something specific for this case, or if it's something done for any/every time there is an accident with a fatality. Here it says that every traffic fatality case is examined by the Traffic Homicide Unit in another Florida county, maybe it's the same here?
Traffic Homicide Unit
That's what I think too. Every time I've ever heard of a vehicular type death, it's been called a traffic homicide. Meaning the death occurred during a traffic event. Not necessarily intentional but accidental.

Family's statement below. More at link.

Police find body believed to be missing Venice mom Tracey Rieker inside submerged car

On Saturday afternoon the Rieker & Spurry families released the following statement:

"Our family is grateful for the outpouring of support and donations of both time and resources in the search for Tracey. The outcome of the investigation is shocking and devastating, and we wish this could have been investigated sooner to bring needed closure for the family. At this time, we are grieving as an extended and cohesive family unit, and request privacy while we work through this."

According to police, this case is being treated as a traffic homicide. An investigation is ongoing to determine the cause of Rieker’s death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back