Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they think there is a chance SM is still alive and being held captive, wouldn't they be divulging who they suspect? Behavior by the whole Morphew clan is so bewildering.

I am sure that LE has spoken to both Morphew families and Moorman families and take phone calls from family members. Andy is the only family members that has turned to social and mainstream media.

It is so consternating to me that no one from the Morphew camp has stepped up to help in the search for Suzanne. BM's good buddy, GD, a pastor, is too busy to comment. His nephew, TN, did his stint by pleading for donations and has since gone silent. Oh, except for going with GD to strong arm MG. Now Barry is claiming that his daughters are too fearful to return to PP. If they think there is a chance SM is still alive and being held captive, wouldn't they be divulging who they suspect? Behavior by the whole Morphew clan is so bewildering.
I was minding my own business, reading a new Nora Roberts, when I came across this:

...He hadn't meant to kill her. When he looked at it clear, thought long and hard, he understood she'd really killed herself.

She shouldn't have run like that. Shouldn't've tried yelling like that. If she hadn't tried kicking at him that way, he wouldn't have had to shove her. She wouldn't have gone down so hard, hit her head so hard...

Oh, Suzanne.

I meant the Morphews should be divulging whom they suspect and why the girls are so frightened they also may be abducted. Andy's sister and Gene M have spoken out but such a lack of participation from BM's clan. It's bewildering.

If, indeed, the certain someone is lurking, perusing Websleuths forum / threads and other TC online sites it is possible LE is aware of it, mostly depending upon whether or not a warrant is in play.

... wondering if beads of sweat and hyperventilation have infiltrated the lurker's world since ...

LE knows that suspects use the Internet and occasionally peruse social media and other sites that mention their specific case. There are a lot of different sites out there in Internet-land where cases get discussed, past and present. One Google search can unearth hundreds of hits.

Unless someone involved directly with the case, either one or more perps or perhaps someone who will get called as a witness, starts posting, LE and the DA's office don't seem to pay much attention. It's really the actions taken before, at, and around the time of the crime that is most important.

IMO

I meant the Morphews should be divulging whom they suspect and why the girls are so frightened they also may be abducted. Andy's sister and Gene M have spoken out but such a lack of participation from BM's clan. It's bewildering.
bbm
It depends on what they have been told by a certain someone.
This is so sad and disgusting !
Imo.

Last edited:
Whether it was pre meditated, a spur of the moment argument or a crime of passion type of thing. You don't just develop the will and ability to murder your wife in a few seconds or minuets. Any person who is capable of such a horrendous act has to have had thoughts about killing before. They may not have planned to ever act on it but they for sure would have thought about it and knew that they could do it.
BBM.

Thought about it along with thought about the perfect place to hide a body. It apparently has worked for BM thus far because his poor wife's remains still haven't been located.

Very sad that he is that selfish and apparently has no conscience whatsoever.

JMO.

Last edited:
Good points.
I think that it's called "circling the wagons". ^^^
Loyalty knows no bounds with some people.
However, others have been able to demand justice despite knowing or suspecting what their flesh and blood have done.

Also, when BM wrongfully seized Suzanne's assets by coercing the oldest daughter to sign, when Suzanne's dad GM would not (from the conversation about how BM said --paraphrased) "I loved your daughter and I need you to sign over her inheritance, etc...." --- and had her declared "incapacitated"; we don't know the extent of those assets, and with BM controlling them the rest of his family including his children will have to 'play nice'.
One can only hope that the girls will be able to break free and share with LE what they know.
Speculation : Although we don't know about the rest of the Morphew clan and if they'll loyally stand by BM no matter what ; it would be interesting to know if LE have spoken to BM's mother about the day TD saw them in the vehicle.
The day where BM appeared as if he was wet and had been in the river ?
Imo.

Last edited:
bbm
It depends on what they have been told by a certain someone.
This is so sad and disgusting !
Imo.
I was just thinking about this the other day. If I’m a young girl and I believe my mother was abducted from the road by some random stranger who just happened on her, then I have not only lost my mother but would live in constant fear this could happen to me too anywhere, at anytime.

This fear is something which will most likely influence the girls’ life since Suzanne’s disappearance and hopefully they get the help necessary to deal with this too.

In my eyes this adds an extra cruelty factor to this crime if BM did this to Suzanne because his daughters future life should be important to him. And at this moment I am on the opinion he did this to SM and he only cares about himself.

JMO

The only place the Morphews should be divulging anything is to LE, if one or more of them feels threatened. Posting publicly would not be something I'd advise, ever. The public has no need to know (or right to know), and certainly not names of any particular person who might be suspected, if someone is stalking the girls or anyone else. Safety first.

IMO

Same here. I could never figure out if he remembered or not.
I would just explain to myself and others as " he loves me when he's sober, and hates me when he's drunk"

I learned a new word this year...narcissist. Helped me understand a lot!

jmo
It really does help to understand why some people act the way they do. When I took psych classes for my nursing degree, it was like a lightbulb came on. I could figure out when to back away from toxic people and not waste time trying to figure them out and get along with them. Its easy to get free, just ignore them, they move on.
Of course, if that person is a spouse, that's an awful situation.
Moo

MOD NOTE: THIS POST LANDS AT RANDOM

Reminder from @sillybilly on page 1 of this thread:

A thread specific decision has been made by Tricia to allow members to discuss Barry Morphew and to speculate about him based on how he is being publicly treated by LE, information from MSM and other WS approved sources (except rumors).
Do NOT sleuth him or his business and do NOT trash him.

Trashing him would include direct accusations of his guilt -
without the specific "jmo", without actual criminal charges being filed against him, at this time.

I was just thinking about this the other day. If I’m a young girl and I believe my mother was abducted from the road by some random stranger who just happened on her, then I have not only lost my mother but would live in constant fear this could happen to me too anywhere, at anytime.

This fear is something which will most likely influence the girls’ life since Suzanne’s disappearance and hopefully they get the help necessary to deal with this too.

In my eyes this adds an extra cruelty factor to this crime if BM did this to Suzanne because his daughters future life should be important to him. And at this moment I am on the opinion he did this to SM and he only cares about himself.

JMO

And just think, it’s also possible that BM planned for the girls to be out of town and them returning home only for mom not to be there could have been how he wanted his alibi to play out. Absolutely disgusting.

And just think, it’s also possible that BM planned for the girls to be out of town and them returning home only for mom not to be there could have been how he wanted his alibi to play out. Absolutely disgusting.
I agree, if this is BM’s doing then the idea of setting the girls up to find their mother missing is extremely cruel too.

I agree, if this is BM’s doing then the idea of setting the girls up to find their mother missing is extremely cruel too.
It’s sick, but it does seem to be quite common. Some of these guys set it up so a loved one is the first to discover a body. They feel that it looks better, as it appears less suspicious to law enforcement.

No body here of course, but it would have helped with the alibi.

Last edited:
It’s sick, but it does seem to be quite common. Some of these guys set it up so a loved one is the first to discover a body. They feel that it looks better, as it appears less suspicious in their minds.

No body here of course, but it would have helped with the alibi.
Unfortunately you are absolutely right that this is not the first time in history we have seen this and yes, this could be worst if there was a body too.

It would have helped if he presented a more believable alibi too.

Wife killer Jason Young not only set-up his sis-in-law to find his dead wife's body, he left his 2 yr old toddler alone with mommy's body. The toddler witnessed mommy getting a "spanking" and there were many tiny footprints in mommy's blood all over the place. Thankfully he's in prison for life, all appeals done.

IMO

Also, when BM wrongfully seized Suzanne's assets by coercing the oldest daughter to sign, when Suzanne's dad GM would not (from the conversation about how BM said --paraphrased) "I loved your daughter and I need you to sign over her inheritance, etc...." --- and had her declared "incapacitated"; we don't know the extent of those assets, and with BM controlling them the rest of his family including his children will have to 'play nice'.

A few points of disagreement & clarification:

1. While I understand the view held by many that Barry being appointed guardian is somehow unjust, I disagree with the characterization that Barry "wrongfully seized" any assets. He went through a court proceeding created by Indiana's General Assembly. The process was open & anybody could've lodged an objection to Barry's guardianship if they wished to do so.

Some have criticized Indiana Code § 29-3-1-7.5, which defines "incapacitated person" to include -- among other things -- "an individual who...cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry." That may indeed be part of the Indiana Code that should be altered, but -- until it is -- section 29-3-1-7.5 is good law.

2. There's been no evidence of "coercion" on Barry's part against his daughter.

3. Even assuming that Barry "coerced" his daughter, Barry didn't need his daughter to sign anything that showed agreement with the guardianship. Indiana Code § 29-3-6-1(a)(4)(A) requires that notice of the guardianship petition be provided to the incapacitated person's adult children but their assent is not necessary.

4. Likewise, Barry didn't need GM to agree to the guardianship. In fact, GM would only have to be given notice if Suzanne had no adult children, per Indiana Code § 29-3-6-1(a)(4)(A). Even if GM had agreed to Barry's guardianship, it would've meant nothing, as Suzanne has an adult child.

I have no idea why Barry would even ask GM about the guardianship because -- from a legal perspective -- the adult daughter was the proper person to serve with notice, not GM.

5. Barry did not have Suzanne "declared 'incapacitated.'" The court -- after a hearing -- found that Suzanne was incapacitated because Suzanne could not "be located upon reasonable inquiry."

Now that the search is done and AM returned home to realize his sister is still missing and life has to go on, I wonder how he is doing.

Dear Andy (if I may),

If you happen to see this I just want to let you know many of us are still here thinking of you, yours and Suzanne.

Most of us never met you or Suzanne but you both found a way into our hearts.

You have set up an extraordinary search effort with resources mobilized pretty much unseen before in other missing persons cases and mobilized an army of volunteers. I’m sure Suzanne would have been really proud of you. I know if I had a brother I wish he was just like you. You are an inspiration to many.

I hope with you that the person who did this to Suzanne will be punished accordingly. Maybe we have to wait longer than we would like, but his day of reckoning is coming.

Every day when I go to sleep I think of Suzanne and all who loved her and hoping and praying tomorrow is the day she will be found and brought back to you and your family.

Thank you for being such a good, loving, caring brother to Suzanne.

With respect from a plain Jane on the internet

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics