FL FL - Sabrina Aisenberg, 5 months, Valrico, 24 Nov 1997

Hey everyone! I rediscovered this case (I was barely a toddler when this was happening the town over from me) and I learned two women recently came forward saying they were Sabrina. They were supposed to undergo DNA testing then... poof! No results! I can only guess they were negative because the media would go crazy if it was otherwise. Does anyone have any more info about this?

There is hardly any information pertaining to this, but some guy has a video on YouTube discussing at least one of those two young women. IF you do a search for Sabrina Aisenberg it pops up sometimes. I was unable to locate any reliable information on Sabrina at this time. I've checked repeatedly but heard no results from the DNA claims.

Do a lot of innocent people plead the Fifth when called to testify before a grand jury? Come on. If Sabrina's dad doesn't set off your Susan Smith Alarm, at least just a little bit, then you probably don't possess one.

Statistically speaking, 98% of grand juries hand down an indictment. (Various sources, this is from wikipedia). The prosecution gets to present their case, while the defense doesn't get to defend themselves. They can and do say anything they'd like and they do not have to prove what they say. I'd suppose quite a few innocent people would plead the Fifth, considering the part of the Miranda warning that says 'Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.' (also found on Wikipedia) They tell you flat out that they'll use anything you say against you. And, they do. The need to plead the Fifth depends on the status of the witness. It's really interesting should anyone care to research it.
There are quite a few people, that, found innocent or guilty, they will believe you guilty no matter what. I'm related to several of those types.
I hope if I'm accused of a crime, someone like you isn't on the jury.

Charging | USAO | Department of Justice
www.justice.gov › usao › justice-101 › charging

www.law.cornell.edu

criminal. findlaw.com

If you ‘take the Fifth,’ does it imply guilt?

9-11.000 - Grand Jury | JM | Department of Justice

www.justice.gov › ... › Justice Manual › Title 9: Criminal
9-11.152, Requests by Subjects and Targets to Testify Before the Grand Jury ... 9- 11.154, Advance Assertions of an Intention to Claim the Fifth Amendment ... 9- 11.500, Use of Asset Forfeiture in Connection with Structuring Offenses ... believe that one or more persons committed a certain Federal offense within the venue of ...

I plan to reread all the posts, do some research and see if there is anything new to be found out. I hope to be able to post again within a couple of days. Would anyone else like to see what else we might learn if we look to see what there is to see?
I believe
Sabrina is out there alive somewhere. She just doesn't know she's Sabrina.

I have a feeling she is in another country though. The reported plane sighting that didn’t get followed up still plays on my mind. It was a flight to Canada within days of her disappearing. The baby was considerably upset and the woman she was with didn’t look like the child and didn’t know what food she liked. Enough to make someone suspicious. I think the police did a rubbish job once again on this case.

I have a feeling she is in another country though. The reported plane sighting that didn’t get followed up still plays on my mind. It was a flight to Canada within days of her disappearing. The baby was considerably upset and the woman she was with didn’t look like the child and didn’t know what food she liked. Enough to make someone suspicious. I think the police did a rubbish job once again on this case.

Marlene Aisenberg said they were not looking for a baby, they were looking for a body.
I agree with you on this, a plane was something I thought of right away. It was so easy to take a child under the age of two on a plane in those days. The child didn't need identification, a ticket, is easy to disguise, and if they had to sedate the child no one would notice, and like you said, if the child is cranky, it is excused as normal. If an abductor drove or flew to another area, not many would be expecting an abducted child or looking for one. You know, if they took her to Orlando airport, someone would have just thought they were someone leaving DisneyWorld.
I don't think the police were checking airlines/airports/train stations/buses/etc. I think their focus was too narrow and too close.
I also think Marlene was onto something when she said she believed someone took Sabrina because they wanted a child. I think whoever took the baby was someone who vaguely knew the Aisenbergs. There were comments made almost immediately that had me wondering. Someone made negative comments about the family. It was on a couple different programs. Does anyone remember this? They were interviewing the neighbors, one said Marlene didn't seem sufficiently upset in her opinion.
I've been looking for new things and from this computer, a lot of what I'm finding is garbage. Everyone has an opinion, and fake Sabrinas have apparently appeared on occasion. I haven't found a reliable recent source anywhere.
One site said 'Marlene went downstairs', the house was one floor. It also said Sabrina would/could be twenty-five years old by now. (www.originol.com) Her birthday is June 27, 1997. That doesn't add up to 25 to me.
I've seen a lot of cases where their (LE) 'prime suspect' is someone so obviously innocent it really ticks me off. I'm beginning to wonder if it's 'usually a family member' because once they 'hone in' on someone, they look no further. If anyone wants examples, take the case of Jaycee Dugard, where they accused her stepfather. Michele Dorr disappeared , they blamed her father. I could go on and on.

Did I ramble on too much and should I have put a lot of this in another post?

Marlene Aisenberg said they were not looking for a baby, they were looking for a body.
I agree with you on this, a plane was something I thought of right away.
It was so easy to take a child under the age of two on a plane in those days. The child didn't need identification, a ticket, is easy to disguise, and if they had to sedate the child no one would notice, and like you said, if the child is cranky, it is excused as normal. If an abductor drove or flew to another area, not many would be expecting an abducted child or looking for one. You know, if they took her to Orlando airport, someone would have just thought they were someone leaving DisneyWorld.
I don't think the police were checking airlines/airports/train stations/buses/etc. I think their focus was too narrow and too close.
I also think Marlene was onto something when she said she believed someone took Sabrina because they wanted a child. I think whoever took the baby was someone who vaguely knew the Aisenbergs. There were comments made almost immediately that had me wondering. Someone made negative comments about the family. It was on a couple different programs. Does anyone remember this? They were interviewing the neighbors, one said Marlene didn't seem sufficiently upset in her opinion.
I've been looking for new things and from this computer, a lot of what I'm finding is garbage. Everyone has an opinion, and fake Sabrinas have apparently appeared on occasion. I haven't found a reliable recent source anywhere.
One site said 'Marlene went downstairs', the house was one floor. It also said Sabrina would/could be twenty-five years old by now. (www.originol.com) Her birthday is June 27, 1997. That doesn't add up to 25 to me.
I've seen a lot of cases where their (LE) 'prime suspect' is someone so obviously innocent it really ticks me off. I'm beginning to wonder if it's 'usually a family member' because once they 'hone in' on someone, they look no further. If anyone wants examples, take the case of Jaycee Dugard, where they accused her stepfather. Michele Dorr disappeared , they blamed her father. I could go on and on.

Did I ramble on too much and should I have put a lot of this in another post?

I agree. I believe it was the police officer neighbour who accused them straight away. Always had my suspicious on that one as well. Just because it’s close to home it could well be a neighbour who wouldn’t be suspected. I’m sure I read somewhere they had been trying for children but as you say it’s all hearsay whats true and what’s not. I also read more recently about a babysitter for the family that was a possible suspect. This case always throws me one way and another, I really hope it’s solved in my life time.

I've looked and cannot find anything new, and cannot find anything relevant from the first couple of months or even the first couple of years after Sabrina disappeared. Almost everything I find is garbage. (Sorry. Everyone has an opinion and wants to tell their story on youtube, or some other place.) I believe she is most likely alive, and I have always believed her parents did not do this. I don't know what it would take to get me to believe otherwise.
As far as being in another country, how do you suppose her documents would have been handled? Perhaps she was taken out of the country and brought back in under another name or with some other child's identification. I don't know how 'official' another country's birth documents/citizenship papers are handled. She could be anywhere on earth at this point. She could have contracted some illness or been injured or killed accidentally by this time. But I do believe whoever took her did it to raise her or for her to be raised by someone else.
If she is still alive, she just had her 23rd birthday, whether she realizes it or not. It is entirely possible that the people who are raising her now are unaware she was abducted. Anything is possible. Wouldn't it be great if she could be found by November, 2020, on the day of her abduction 23 years ago?

I agree. I believe it was the police officer neighbour who accused them straight away. Always had my suspicious on that one as well. Just because it’s close to home it could well be a neighbour who wouldn’t be suspected. I’m sure I read somewhere they had been trying for children but as you say it’s all hearsay whats true and what’s not. I also read more recently about a babysitter for the family that was a possible suspect. This case always throws me one way and another, I really hope it’s solved in my life time.

Do you or does anyone know if the Sabrina Aisenberg case got any international attention the way Madeleine McCann's case did? Maybe not that much attention, but does anyone believe Sabrina's name is recognizable on other continents? Does anyone think that someone mistook Sabrina for being the child of another person and was abducted not because she belonged to the Aisenbergs but because someone thought she was a child that belonged to another person, another family?

I think it’s quite possible she could be in any country. From as far as I’ve read, a child of that age didn’t need documentation to travel back then. And it’s easy to make new ID for someone. The poor girl was so young she may never have spoke in English or have a clue where she’s originally from. I don’t think it was covered as much a Madeline McCann, not globally anyway. I also remember them saying that a van had been seen multiple times outside her work at the play area in the weeks before it happened. Quite possible that someone had been following her and planning it.

I think it’s quite possible she could be in any country. From as far as I’ve read, a child of that age didn’t need documentation to travel back then. And it’s easy to make new ID for someone. The poor girl was so young she may never have spoke in English or have a clue where she’s originally from. I don’t think it was covered as much a Madeline McCann, not globally anyway. I also remember them saying that a van had been seen multiple times outside her work at the play area in the weeks before it happened. Quite possible that someone had been following her and planning it.
Interesting. I don't remember mention of the van around Marlenes work. Do you have a link to the news story?

Do you or does anyone know if the Sabrina Aisenberg case got any international attention the way Madeleine McCann's case did? Maybe not that much attention, but does anyone believe Sabrina's name is recognizable on other continents? Does anyone think that someone mistook Sabrina for being the child of another person and was abducted not because she belonged to the Aisenbergs but because someone thought she was a child that belonged to another person, another family?

i can’t speak for anyone else but I may have heard about this case but I don’t remember if I did. I would have been a freshman/sophomore in high school in 1997 and am from the Midwest. I didn’t really keep abreast of news or even care to at that time in my life. And I just now learned of the case after watching a 20/20 episode on demand. So it’s possible there are many ppl out there who have no idea of this. Which unfortunately makes finding her very hard. As I said, I just watched that episode so I don’t have a lot of facts but plan to read through. I hope she is found alive and safe.

one thing that struck me is when they said she may not want to meet her real parents. I can see both sides of that. What an awful feeling, whether you’re the child or the real parents. That poor child, to think everything they believed to be true was a lie. How could you trust anything or anyone after that? Just reflecting out loud.

You reminded me of something I read almost 40 years ago, in, I believe, a copy of , American Baby, a magazine that was free for several months to new mothers., and in OB/Gyn office waiting rooms. A pregnant woman was raped. (Apparently some guys like to rape pregnant women. DO I need to 'provide documentation here? A friend of mine was raped when she was six months pregnant, the guy told her if she fought him, he'd 'hurt' her baby. Just when you think you'd heard the worst, you discover a new level of depravity.)
During the investigation of the pregnant woman's rape, the police discovered thru investigation and talking to neighbors, the rapist had the pregnant woman under surveillance for, at least, weeks. He knew when her husband left for work, returned from work, knew he didn't usually come home during the day, etc. When he interrogated the mom, the rapist warned her not to lie, that he'd know the truth. What a sick SOB.

(Just my opinion here.)
Anyhow, it could be possible that originally the abductor's encounter with mom and/or baby was accidental, but the abductor became obsessed with the child.
I honestly believe there is someone out there that knows something and isn't talking. WHEN the abduction is revealed, the person with knowledge of the crime is likely to get charged with accessory, aiding and abetting or something. That's good reason in their minds to stay quiet. Suppose Sabrina was abducted to be sold to someone wanting to adopt? Does anyone know if that possibility was considered? She could have brought the conspirators a nice chunk of money. That's even more reason to want to be quiet if you knew of it and 'helped'.
BUT, suppose someone out there wasn't part of it but is suspicious. They know something that just doesn't feel right. That person or those people's lives could be in danger. Lots of reason to come forward quickly, the sooner the better.
And lest we all forget, the guilty people could be monitoring this site.

Once again, for the sake of all you that believe I'm making things up, this is rumor or I don't know what I'm talking about, after the story about the preg woman's rape, all this is mere speculation and opinion on my part. I still have the copy of that magazine along with boxes of articles from newspapers and magazines, I saved things for various reasons. My husband would be thrilled if anyone was interested in taking any of these materials off of his hands.

Last edited:
My parents were friends with the Aisenbergs and I was three or four when she went missing. They’ve since lost touch, but I recall when it happened and my parents bringing them dinner. I’ve spoken to them about what they thought happened, but they don’t have any information to add or anything that isn’t a guess or opinion.

But what they did say that I think is relevant was that the Aisenbergs were always a bit awkward, and if you knew them, the way they acted on interviews wasn’t strange at all. It’s just how they were.

My parents were friends with the Aisenbergs and I was three or four when she went missing. They’ve since lost touch, but I recall when it happened and my parents bringing them dinner. I’ve spoken to them about what they thought happened, but they don’t have any information to add or anything that isn’t a guess or opinion.

But what they did say that I think is relevant was that the Aisenbergs were always a bit awkward, and if you knew them, the way they acted on interviews wasn’t strange at all. It’s just how they were.

I can't find the correct word, but what you call 'awkward' I might call uncomfortable. (I wish I could get the right word, but it just isn't forming.) Anyhow, I think I know what you mean. It really is wrong for people to judge others based on what their belief of 'proper behavior' is. Thank you so much for your input.
So, your parents have no way to get in touch with the Aisenbergs to see if they'd be interested in this thread?

I hate to say it, but the anniversary of Sabrina's disappearance came and went in the end of November and there isn't anything new that I can add. She would be 23 years old.
I just reread a book of another child's story, and the way the police botched that investigation really irritates me. The primary LE investigators had the parents marked as guilty before they'd even finished the investigation. This is something that bugs me no end. Instead of investigating the facts, they decide what happened and make the evidence fit their beliefs. It seems all too common. Shall I list all the cases or do I just say IMHO? Debra Milke, defendant. Jaclyn Dowaliby, victim. If you give me a day, I can add to the list. It's late. One girl was a couple hours away from the crime near Las Vegas, and she's on death row for the killing. All kinds of witnesses, but the detective is insistent the girl
confessed to the murder. She did not. She's finally FREE. Kirsten Blaise Lobato. She was 18 years old, and a similar incident had occurred with her but the man was not seriously injured or killed, and it happened a couple weeks before the man that was killed. Ms. Lobato also had an alibi.

Nevada woman cleared in 2001 slaying ordered free in Vegas

I wonder where this guy was 24 years ago?

Man suspected of breaking into Pasco home, opening pants and entering child's bedroom arrested

Suspect's sister helped identify burglar seen creeping into girl's bedroom, deputies say

There were two earlier stories from Fox13 News but I couldn't locate them again after I got here. This happened in Tampa Bay, the man is in his 50s and would have been around 25 years old back then.
Does anyone else think he looks a little 'off', as in maybe mentally challenged or something else?

Last edited:
i can’t speak for anyone else but I may have heard about this case but I don’t remember if I did. I would have been a freshman/sophomore in high school in 1997 and am from the Midwest. I didn’t really keep abreast of news or even care to at that time in my life. And I just now learned of the case after watching a 20/20 episode on demand. So it’s possible there are many ppl out there who have no idea of this. Which unfortunately makes finding her very hard. As I said, I just watched that episode so I don’t have a lot of facts but plan to read through. I hope she is found alive and safe.

one thing that struck me is when they said she may not want to meet her real parents. I can see both sides of that. What an awful feeling, whether you’re the child or the real parents. That poor child, to think everything they believed to be true was a lie. How could you trust anything or anyone after that? Just reflecting out loud.

In case you or anyone else is interested, www.missingkids.com usually has a photo of what a child might look like fairly recently. They most likely have one of Sabrina, whose birthday is in June, she will be 25.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back