OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge to hear motions on evidence in Jake Wagner murder case

What "statements made by family members" are being questioned?
I'm sure it's the ones made by family members that HR told them about JW's abuse, no doubt.

I also think GW4's ex-wife's sister has somethings to tell about statements made by JW that he wanted to kill HR. GW4's ex-sister-in-law talked about that on the Oxygen Network's show "The Piketon Family Murders".

If GW4 indeed acquired a Glock 40 following a facebook interaction, and I believe he did, that was a giant mistake. The prosecution will have that seller on the stand. Bet.
I still believe GW4 used the SKS, if only for the psychological aspect of distance. A weapon of distance for the person most distanced from the Rhodens, in terms of relationship.

I have a lot of questions about this gun transaction.
ls it the same gun purchase that was made on the highway?
A Facebook interaction.
So does that mean the gun was purchased from a friend or a 'business acquaintance'? Someone on G4 or another W Facebook page?
I don't know Ohio laws for private gun sales, but then, maybe it was a sale made on a highway in...KY or TN.
The "highway" part is interesting.
Was it a legal sale and legal purchase? Seriously doubt it.
Is the seller now incarcerated?
We could speculate about this gun sale all day long.

Snipped and BBM

At a local auto parts store cash was used to buy 10 freeze plugs that suppress sound, SKS Magazine, SKS ammo for a 30 caliber gun, masks, bug detector, brass catcher, AKS Mag big nuts, other nuts.

An auto parts store sells gun ammo and magazines as well as bug detectors?

Each of those would be from separate specialty stores here, gun or electronics-type. I don't think even Walmart sells ammo in CT. I could be wrong.

Was there anything more to identify this LOCAL Auto Parts Store? Just curious.

Was there anything more to identify this LOCAL Auto Parts Store? Just curious.

I recall investigators searching a "car lot" in relation to the farm search in May 2017.
Maybe they sell car parts.
But investigators may have been looking for a specific car, too.
Who knows.
I think the business was called Unlimited Motors in Peebles.

EDIT: Reports had stated the search was intended for items the Ws housed at that car lot while they were in the moving process.

Last edited:
10/13/2020 DEFENDANT'S REQUEST TO WITHDRAW PRO SE MOTION TO RE-ASSERT SPEEDY TRIAL RIGHTS FILED (FAX) Attorney: COLLINS, MARK C: Attorney: HAYES, THOMAS F
Billy Wagner:

If you were in Billy's position what would you want? To have your trial first or to have it after your son's trial?

Humm....Looks like Billy's attorneys want Jake to be the "canary in the coal mine."

If you were in Billy's position what would you want? To have your trial first or to have it after your son's trial?

Humm....Looks like Billy's attorneys want Jake to be the "canary in the coal mine."

GWIII’s Attorneys can find out how the Prosecution will be if they let HW go first. They may say, no way, and tell GWIII there is no way out...

Regarding the woman who allegedly claimed the Ws had her car in their possession from days before the killings until days after the killings (for repairs.) Does anyone have information on this?
Were the Ws working on any other cars during the killings?

Addition:
The owner of Unlimited Motors said, Jake Wagner sometimes works for him repairing vehicles.

Just a thought, if JW worked on cars for this dude in April 2016, which I do not know, JW would likely have had access to keys for every vehicle at that business.

Last edited:
His, GWIII’s, attorneys can see how the Prosecution handles the case if JW goes first. They then can decide what chances they have or if they should try to plea bargain.
HW was a mistype.

GW4's attorney said at the bond hearing he "wanted to see what this is all about."
This might be why we are suddenly hearing that GW4's trial isn't happening for another year or more, maybe his attorney wants to watch how the other trials implicate GW4.

The prosecution has to prove that GW4 is so enmeshed with his family that he would kill with them even though he lacks the direct motive that Jake has.

Anyway, yah, Billy's attorneys might really want to kill the speedy trial request so Jake can get tried first so they can see how the prosecution ties Billy into the murders.

If Jake's trial goes bad for him and the others are strongly implicated through the evidence at his trial, then maybe someone might plea out to LWOP. Jake being found guilty means the others have a strong chance of going to death row after him and death row scares a lot of people into plea dealing to LWOP.

It's my opinion the jury will put him on death row if he is convicted of all 8 murders, especially that 2 babies and a toddler were left bloody and alone at the scenes with young mothers nursing them in bed, one victim was just a 16 year old kid with 3 others only a few years older.

Canepa said GW4 made fun of Jake's religion alot. Religion? Seriously?

Opinions

Last edited:
I'm sure it's the ones made by family members that HR told them about JW's abuse, no doubt.

I also think GW4's ex-wife's sister has somethings to tell about statements made by JW that he wanted to kill HR. GW4's ex-sister-in-law talked about that on the Oxygen Network's show "The Piketon Family Murders".

I thought it might be AW's statements about buying the shoes for the boys, too. JMO

I thought it might be AW's statements about buying the shoes for the boys, too. JMO

"Jake's attorneys question the admissibility of ballistics evidence, shoe print evidence, and statements made by family members."

Yes, that is probably one of the statements that Jake's attorneys want to get thrown out, Angie saying she bought the shoes for Jake and GW4. A very damning statement that they had no time to get their stories straight on.
(Surprise interview at Montana Canadian boarder I believe.)

Here are the filings related to getting Wagner statements thrown out.
Really important because BCI not only has the interviews the Wagners gave to them, but BCI also has thousands of recorded phone conversations and texts and statements caught on bugs etc...

02/10/2020 (MOTION 50)

DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF ANY NON-TESTIFYING CO-DEFENDANT STATEMENTS THE STATE INTENDS TO PRESENT IN ITS CASE IN CHIEF

06/22/2020 (MOTION 50)

STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF ANY NON-TESTIFYING CO-DEFENDANT STATEMENTS THE STATE INTENDS TO PRESENT IN ITS CASE IN CHIEF

Last edited:
Billy looks like a Hardheaded to me, he thinks he knows it all, JMO

He thinks his mom knows it all. Bet the sudden bond hearing motion and the sudden pro se speedy trial motion came from Fred. Note his attorneys are having none of it.

Why do I think it has Fred written all over it? Because his bond motion says he will be caretaker for FWF and it's pretty obvious Fred would be paying his bond and also getting him a place to live. He could not try to get bond without her.

She's probably mad his bond situation hasn't worked out and probably told him to demand a speedy trial if he can't get bond, and his attorneys probably didn't want to do that so she had him do it pro se, himself.

I just don't think he would demand bond or speedy trial - all of a sudden- without Fred pushing him to do it.

Just seems this way to me. Robin visits him and Robin can give him all of Fred's messages. It's likely also that Robin talks to him on the phone. Robin has her own cell phone, she was holding it when SWAT swooped in.

...2 Cents...

Last edited:
Do you Sluthers remember when Rita Newcomb was on trial, she kept saying that there was a man in a blue uniform during her deposition standing near the door, So did Angela make that lie up, and will the other Wagners tell the same kind of lies about their interview at Montana????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member