UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sept 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
fg5g6prkdhs51.png

APPEAL: Do you recognize yourself in these images or a family member or friend who may remember something from September 14, 2007 at King's Cross? (Images in better quality transmitted in the Missing series, 2011, BBC)

If you have any information, contact

Police: 101

Missing People Organization: Phone 116 000 - Mail 116000@missingpeople.org.uk

CrimeStoppers: 0800 555 111

hi everyone im new here on the site, so bear with me please.
I have read alot of threads and seen many videos etc my view is this,...
he was a smart bright kid possible awkward due to his ear and it may well have caused him to avoid groups due to his own fear of rejection. i beileve a teacher or someone at the schools he was at ie primary and secondary groomed him. iv seen the talk about online chat etc but with the limited access he would have had on devices i think it was more likely a second phone he was using to get in contact with whoever was grooming him. i havent seen much about teachers backgrounds or assitants etc being looked into but it would make sense that he trusted whoever it was enough to plan with them a day away, maybe someone who used to work at the school?? the train ticket etc may have been used to throw of investigations i say that as he refused the return ticket and had nothing with him and by all accounts had planned on returning home. did he meet the person in their car somewhere close to the station and drive back up towards home to an unknown address?? just my thoughts but if someone took him they where obviously smart and well planned....

he was a smart bright kid possible awkward due to his ear and it may well have caused him to avoid groups due to his own fear of rejection. i beileve a teacher or someone at the schools he was at ie primary and secondary groomed him. iv seen the talk about online chat etc but with the limited access he would have had on devices i think it was more likely a second phone he was using to get in contact with whoever was grooming him. i havent seen much about teachers backgrounds or assitants etc being looked into but it would make sense that he trusted whoever it was enough to plan with them a day away, maybe someone who used to work at the school?? the train ticket etc may have been used to throw of investigations i say that as he refused the return ticket and had nothing with him and by all accounts had planned on returning home. did he meet the person in their car somewhere close to the station and drive back up towards home to an unknown address?? just my thoughts but if someone took him they where obviously smart and well planned....
Welcome to Ws conormac, thanks for chiming in!

Yeah I don't think you can make much of that Image as you can't even see the person's face because their hand was covering it at the moment it was taken.

Looking for old images of Andrew in a crowd will be like looking for a needle in a haystack like some people have already said as his hairstyle and choice of clothing was pretty common for mid teens back then.

The two things that should really be thought about

- The misdial when calling home because Andrew failed to come to school
- He broke the routine of taking the bus, and instead walked home

There could be a number of reasons for the second one:
- Using a payphone to contact someone
- Walking home with someone, I believe the walk home would be approx. 1hr 20? Plenty of time to talk and possibly plan
- He met with someone who had a car, they sat in the car in an area deserted to avoid anyone seeing them, they talked/planned or whatever it may of been, then this person dropped him home.

Any of these could very well be plausible considering no internet communication traces were found on Andrews behalf

But whilst the idea of him meeting someone makes more sense, the fact that Andrew withdrew money does not.
You would assume someone who says, (and I'm only assuming here), we'll meet up in London, do whatever it may of been that was planned, and I'll drive you back home (fits in with the fact that he did not purchase a return ticket), that this person would then pay for the expenses whether that be for gig tickets/food.

But Andrew takes £2o0. And I've seen many times that this isn't a vast amount, yet it is for a day out. If you consider his behaviour beforehand; putting the uniform in the wash to allude the fact he's home and playing his game as this was seen as normal behaviour on a Friday, this shows he planned to be home around dinner time, or he was buying himself more time so his parents wouldn't ask him for his uniform to wash as it's the weekend.

There could be a number of reasons for the second one:
- Using a payphone to contact someone
- Walking home with someone, I believe the walk home would be approx. 1hr 20? Plenty of time to talk and possibly plan
- He met with someone who had a car, they sat in the car in an area deserted to avoid anyone seeing them, they talked/planned or whatever it may of been, then this person dropped him home.

Any of these could very well be plausible considering no internet communication traces were found on Andrews behalf

The misdial one truly baffles me.
Is it really a coincidence that the day Andrew doesn't go into school, and subsequently goes missing, that then informing his parents, that there is a misdial?
The obvious I can think of is, the misdial was to buy more time, just as the uniform put in the wash.
But who?

Or was it truly just a misdial, and there is absolutely no coincidence at all.

The misdial one truly baffles me.
Is it really a coincidence that the day Andrew doesn't go into school, and subsequently goes missing, that then informing his parents, that there is a misdial?
The obvious I can think of is, the misdial was to buy more time, just as the uniform put in the wash.
But who?

Or was it truly just a misdial, and there is absolutely no coincidence at all.

I have wondered about this too. Is it possible that somehow Andrew could have altered the phone number? My children bring sheets of data information home each new school year, which I check, alter if necessary and send back with the kids. If the same thing happened in Andrew's school, potentially he could have changed it himself.
Alternatively, it is possible he did not realise that the school would call his parents as he had not had a day off school sick at all, and it really is a coincidence, with really horrible timing.

Would've been a secretary dailing or his form teacher who'd have been at the School rather than meeting him in London so would more be a case of the number given was wrong for whatever reason, could've just been a innocent mistake or it was altered at some point.

You raise some points here that I'd not considered before.

Well, I’d be more thoughtful if the teacher had committed suicide a week after.
Actually I think it's just as thoughtful that he died before Andrew went missing. Maybe the teacher was someone Andrew had looked up to, he might have been supporting Andrew through a difficult time, or might have been someone he confided in. That could cause Andrew to react badly to his death and want to get away from it.

Actually I think it's just as thoughtful that he died before Andrew went missing. Maybe the teacher was someone Andrew had looked up to, he might have been supporting Andrew through a difficult time, or might have been someone he confided in. That could cause Andrew to react badly to his death and want to get away from it.

Now that you mention it I remember when a classmate died because of a medical mistake back when I was a teenager and it affected us kids at school a lot. I remember having feelings of hoplessness and all my anxieties at the time seemed a bit too much. It even crossed my mind to commit suicide myself because the "world was cruel". It surely is shocking to have someone you know die and for a teenager feelings can sometimes be overwhelming. But this was a friend we don't even know if Andrew even interacted with this teacher.

I have wondered about this too. Is it possible that somehow Andrew could have altered the phone number? My children bring sheets of data information home each new school year, which I check, alter if necessary and send back with the kids. If the same thing happened in Andrew's school, potentially he could have changed it himself.
Alternatively, it is possible he did not realise that the school would call his parents as he had not had a day off school sick at all, and it really is a coincidence, with really horrible timing.

Those data sheets were the bane of my life. However many times I altered and corrected the wrongly input information on them, they still came back every year with the same mistakes on them. I kept contacting the school asking for it to be changed, to no avail.

I would imagine that a lot of them are actually wrong, and if like most people you just give them a cursory glance and bung them back in the kids bag, you don’t find out until school try to phone home that they actually have transposed the digits on your phone number for example. In my children’s case it was regarding an allergy for one and a medical condition for the other so I was hyper-vigilant; had it been a phone number I doubt I’d have ever even noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member