Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that it was after hours at the Poncha Market, perhaps BM was thinking about throwing something in the bin until he noticed the employee in the window watching him. Instead, BM goes to the door and says he was looking in the rubbish for SM's helmet, writes the note, and leaves.

Good theory. He could have been checking to see if the dumpster had been emptied by a garbage truck that day to determine if he should dispose of evidence in it or not.

Good theory. He could have been checking to see if the dumpster had been emptied by a garbage truck that day to determine if he should dispose of evidence in it or not.
I've also long believed that authorities may have found something in the dumpster located at the beach home building site-- giving authorities probable cause for the search warrant.

Question for WSers:

What night do you guys believe the noise at the riverfront property occurred?

I remember that the elderly neighbor who heard the noise around 11:30 PM could not recall if it occurred on Friday night or Saturday night. I know that the timeline pulled together here by OldCop with inputs from many folks here, has it listed on Saturday night. However, I don’t remember if this timeline was put together before or after MG’s interview with LS.

If MG is to be believed, BM was working at that site on Friday night, and hence the noise would have been on Friday night (MOO).

If one believes that the noise occurred on Saturday night, it seems to me that MG’s “testimony” is being discounted/not believed (MOO).

The elderly neighbor did not say that the noise occurred on two nights. It is an either/or proposition in my opinion. The noise occurred on Friday or Saturday, but not both nights.

Of course, if you are questioning information provided by MG, this opens up many possibilities. Are some of you thinking there might be deliberate misdirection being put forth?

Or, are we now thinking the noise occurred on Friday night?

Would love to get your thoughts on this. Everything is as clear as mud on this case...

I was neutral about Barry until he publishe Suzanne’s love letters to him.

Does he really think HER love letters to HIM
show HE didn’t murder HER?

I wish we had a handwriting expert here who could comment on the love letters. Something feels different to me between the card and the “I remember” notes, but I haven’t had time to delve into them much.

One thing that does stick out to me, is the use of a specific year and month with one of the I remembers. In all of the years I’ve written letters and cards to my husband, never have I reminded him of an event by year and month.

Using that kind of verbiage almost feels to me like someone (not SUZANNE) was writing the note from a list of things to include in the note.

I remain in the camp of believing SUZANNE will be found.

Better yet, IMO, put your phone down and be a clear headed thinker in this situation. People drive me bonkers outdoors. IMO
It looked like he came across the Cubs, started videoing, tried to creep in closer, and mama was like NOPE.

holding the camera as he backed away didn’t strike me as that odd though. Maybe it’s just the way society is so social media focused these days. I did winder why he didn’t kick something as the cat.. but then I’d also worry about that causing her to attack.

crazy video, I hope bm sees it haha. I could see that video being used at the (eventual) trial to show what a mountain lion attack would actually be like to disprove his stupid story.

Question for WSers:

I remember that the elderly neighbor who heard the noise around 11:30 PM could not recall if it occurred on Friday night or Saturday night. I know that the timeline pulled together here by OldCop with inputs from many folks here, has it listed on Saturday night. However, I don’t remember if this timeline was put together before or after MG’s interview with LS.

If MG is to be believed, BM was working at that site on Friday night, and hence the noise would have been on Friday night (MOO).

If one believes that the noise occurred on Saturday night, it seems to me that MG’s “testimony” is being discounted/not believed (MOO).

The elderly neighbor did not say that the noise occurred on two nights. It is an either/or proposition in my opinion. The noise occurred on Friday or Saturday, but not both nights.

Of course, if you are questioning information provided by MG, this opens up many possibilities. Are some of you thinking there might be deliberate misdirection being put forth?

Would love to get your thoughts on this. Everything is as clear as mud on this case...

My thought is that the judge who signed the search warrant believed MG's story credible, and that's all that mattered; until they found nothing. The deaf old lady who hears things was for more interesting than MG, but not as important, at the time. IMO

Question for WSers:

I think at least one source stated that the noise was heard on Saturday night, but I also read the account that the neighbor was my sure that it was Mother's Day weekend.

I feel that the timing, almost midnight, in itself indicates a strong probability that the noise was suspicious, connected to Suzanne's disappearance. However, as K9 points out, it may have not been used for a burial, but for his job alibi.
If BM is guilty, I'm not so sure he used his Bobcat to conceal/bury SM. If it plays a part in this investigation, I'm thinking he used it more for an alibi on the fly with his sudden weekend job plans. IMO

I think Suzanne was killed Saturday late afternoon. Therefore, I think the noise of a bobcat running was heard Saturday night.

If you shift the time of her death to Friday, then it would make sense that the noise was heard Friday evening. If that is the case, a burial becomes more likely as well, simply because he had more time.

Clear as mud. Moo

Question for WSers:

I think it happened Saturday night, mainly because I remember (I think) that the son of the woman who heard the noise visited her on Mother's Day, and he said she told him about the noise that day, and she had said "last night" when relating the story. Forgive me, I cannot even begin to remember where I read this, but since I don't go on any crime sites except here and PE, it was probably on one of these. IMO

According to this DM article, the neighbor heard the noise Saturday night (9 May).

I still question if she heard what she claims, especially for the duration (dunking from the flying tomatoes :)). I'm not implying she's lying either. I'm bothered by the noise suddenly stopping as soon as she opened the door or turned the light on (can't remember which one). LE may have believed it however and it's one of the reasons they dug up that concrete. IMO

Woman 'woken by loud machinery' near where woman went missing | Daily Mail Online

According to this DM article, the neighbor heard the noise Saturday night (9 May).

I still question if she heard what she claims, especially for the duration (dunking from the flying tomatoes :)). I'm not implying she's lying either. I'm bothered by the noise suddenly stopping as soon as she opened the door or turned the light on (can't remember which one). LE may have believed it however and it's one of the reasons they dug up that concrete. IMO

Woman 'woken by loud machinery' near where woman went missing | Daily Mail Online

The DM article does day Saturday the 9th....It also says 'the next day' (MD) she asked the construction workers if they left keys at the site LOL .... We all know only BM, MG, JP and the rest work on MD ( sunday ) The DM reporting has been so bad ( as many other MSM outlets ) - smh

You are correct. Why would he not take the Bobcat to Broomfield?
Maybe he did and he was seen on video at a carwash there giving it a good scrub? But then why not leave it there?
Moo
I wish we knew if he left the bobcat sitting home in the driveway on Sunday. If he took it with him, maybe he stopped in an isolated area, did some kind of "mechanical thing" with it and left it there temporarily before going back to retrieve it.

I think it happened Saturday night, mainly because I remember (I think) that the son of the woman who heard the noise visited her on Mother's Day, and he said she told him about the noise that day, and she had said "last night" when relating the story. Forgive me, I cannot even begin to remember where I read this, but since I don't go on any crime sites except here and PE, it was probably on one of these. IMO

Yes, I recall the son being quite sure it was Saturday night. I can't recall the exact source either, but it was when the neighbor who heard the racket was being interviewed by local TV.

“And I finally got up to check and, as I opened the back door, it stopped. So I thought, maybe they are just moving something or whatever, and so I did not go out and investigate.”

I wish we knew if he left the bobcat sitting home in the driveway on Sunday. If he took it with him, maybe he stopped in an isolated area, did some kind of "mechanical thing" with it and left it there temporarily before going back to retrieve it.
This is probably a ridiculous question, but I know nothing about construction equipment.... how are bobcats usually transported? Do you just drive them to the location or is it hauled via truck?

Well, he lied about the time that he did that mechanical thing, so whatever he did and when he did it is important.
Or he just forgot....
Moo

It looked like he came across the Cubs, started videoing, tried to creep in closer, and mama was like NOPE.

holding the camera as he backed away didn’t strike me as that odd though. Maybe it’s just the way society is so social media focused these days. I did winder why he didn’t kick something as the cat.. but then I’d also worry about that causing her to attack.

crazy video, I hope bm sees it haha. I could see that video being used at the (eventual) trial to show what a mountain lion attack would actually be like to disprove his stupid story.
I saw the news the other day that Deer Creek Canyon Park in Jefferson County has been closed indefinitely in order to investigate reports of "aggressive mountain lion behavior." Apparently several hikers reported unusual behavior when encountering them in the area. I wonder if it's the same large male LE saw cross in front of his vehicle that day. I hope BM isn't heading off to track him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth