GUILTY TX - James Faith, AA tech director, fatally shot walking his dog, Dallas, 9 Oct 2020 *ARRESTS/wife*

Unfortunately I can’t play the video because of my location, but I wish I could. Whatever the motive is, if it’s true that 9 shot was heard and only the husband was shot, this is extremely weird. Coincidence? It may be or not.

This sounds like the duct tape was just to make it look like the wife was the intended victim. It seems far fetched to me that her husband was completely over killed yet she was able to get away. Why would the shooter just run off leaving a live witness when he had a gun & obviously had no problem using it? I hope I’m wrong but this story doesn’t ring true to me.

This sounds like the duct tape was just to make it look like the wife was the intended victim. It seems far fetched to me that her husband was completely over killed yet she was able to get away. Why would the shooter just run off leaving a live witness when he had a gun & obviously had no problem using it? I hope I’m wrong but this story doesn’t ring true to me.

Me too. And the robbery “attempt” seems strange also.

BBM:

It rings entirely false to my ears.

Any time there's a whiff of money around a case, I get concerned.

Occam is looking close to home on this one…and I'm sure LE is right there with my main man Will.

This story reeks to high heaven.

At first blush, this looks like a murder for hire to me.

JMO.

BBM:

It rings entirely false to my ears.

Any time there's a whiff of money around a case, I get concerned.

Occam is looking close to home on this one…and I'm sure LE is right there with my main man Will.

This story reeks to high heaven.

At first blush, this looks like a murder for hire to me.

JMO.
If there wasn’t an innocent murder victim here, this would be hilarious.

It’s the most insane “robbery” that I’ve ever heard of.

Overkill on one hand, and a bizarre attempt to restrain a second victim on the other. Apparently time wasn’t an issue here, and this perpetrator just wanted to kill Mr. Faith for kicks.

I think this was a hit, put together by someone who watches way too many movies, and doesn’t understand how real crimes are committed.

Close to home...

If there wasn’t an innocent murder victim here, this would be hilarious.

It’s the most insane “robbery” that I’ve ever heard of.

Overkill on one hand, and a bizarre attempt to restrain a second victim on the other. Apparently time wasn’t an issue here, and this perpetrator just wanted to kill Mr. Faith for kicks.

I think this was a hit, put together by someone who watches way too many movies, and doesn’t understand how real crimes are committed.

Close to home...
Exactly I think I remember an episode just like this - right down to the gunshots and the duct tape on the wife - at the driveway to their marital home

Exactly I think I remember an episode just like this - right down to the gunshots and the duct tape on the wife - at the driveway to their marital home
Yup, Julia Phillips who was charged in connection to the murder of her husband, Melvin Roberts.

Dateline and 48 Hours had stories on it.

He was shot, beaten, and strangled, and she was duct taped but left unscathed.

I'm going to take a wild guess that they were not walking a Pitbull or German Shepherd.

If she had to fight off the gun wielding, duck taping assailant, then she must have been close enough to get a description. It's all very weird. Moo.

I'm going to take a wild guess that they were not walking a Pitbull or German Shepherd.

If she had to fight off the gun wielding, duck taping assailant, then she must have been close enough to get a description. It's all very weird. Moo.
I hadn’t even thought of the dog! I wonder what breed, but prob doesn’t matter with what I think happened...

Yup, Julia Phillips who was charged in connection to the murder of her husband, Melvin Roberts.

Dateline and 48 Hours had stories on it.

He was shot, beaten, and strangled, and she was duct taped but left unscathed.

This is the case that I was referring to earlier as it’s local to me and Mr Roberts was an attorney that represented several people that I know in civil matters. Very similar facts.

Any time one victim is killed and the other is not activates my hinkymeter.

Indeed; overkill too. 9 shots to him, yet his wife gets away with an unsuccessful duct-taping.

I'm thinking someone wouldn't have to be duct-taping me - I'd be throwing my jewellery their way upon seeing the gun in hopes that it not be used either on me or my husband.

I'm thinking the attempted taping of her may have happened first with hubby attempting to intervene and winding up really shot. Killer then beats a hasty retreat, Means the gun was also close at hand IMO. How does one hold a gun in one hand and a roll of duct tape in the other and try to tape someone up at same time?

Indeed; overkill too. 9 shots to him, yet his wife gets away with an unsuccessful duct-taping.

I'm thinking someone wouldn't have to be duct-taping me - I'd be throwing my jewellery their way upon seeing the gun in hopes that it not be used either on me or my husband.

I'm thinking the attempted taping of her may have happened first with hubby attempting to intervene and winding up really shot. Killer then beats a hasty retreat, Means the gun was also close at hand IMO. How does one hold a gun in one hand and a roll of duct tape in the other and try to tape someone up at same time?
That last part is especially important.

I recall that Jake Patterson had Jayme Closs’ mother do the taping, as he was unable to hold a gun and tape at the same time (it was a shotgun though).

I’d love to know the full story that was relayed to police.

I can understand the mag dump (completely firing until out of bullets quickly) if the murderer was nervous. I wouldn’t think professional would use a caliber that uses that many shots to kill someone or be that poor of a shot to need to fire 9 times. I don’t know who makes an 8+1 pistol but I’m sure I can find some on a google search.

That said about the gun, I don’t get the duct tape. I can shoot one handed and hold a roll of tape in the other I guess but why bring duct tape to a gun fight? I can see getting out of the car and point gun, demanding jewelry, altercation with husband leading to gun being fired. Did he run back to the car to get the duct tape? “Crap I’m out of bullets, stay there for a second.”? If your intentions were to just rob by intimidation why bring duct tape and if your intentions were kidnapping why mag dump or at least bring another magazine and you won’t need the duct tape. Or bring a knife. Duct tape is not a back up.

I’m perplexed. As always IMOO.

Furthermore in what world would he be worried about her scream but not the gunshots he just fired?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back